Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+3
Nightfall
Fox
renegade
7 posters

(ELITE) The SNOWPOINT Team

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ELITE) The SNOWPOINT Team - Page 3 Empty Re: (ELITE) The SNOWPOINT Team

Post by Nightfall Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:25 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Acuity Lakefront/Morning
    (G: 12 | E: 16)

It wasn't long before the spotted Persian came bounding back over the hill towards them, a berry branch in his teeth. "Carry that; they're for your brother," he huffed, dropping them at her feet before dashing off again. Eris scooped them up and held them tightly against her chest, watching the feline create a path for their larger forms. "Let me widen the door."

They entered their shelter and Eris immediately scanned the area for other Pokemon, any potential threats, with her fangs bared. But there was not another soul there. "Dante, put him on the big bed. We have to stop the bleeding and close the wounds." Cradling the berry branch close as Dante unloaded her unconscious sibling onto the bed, she settled herself next to Greg, curling her tail around her feet and gripping at her brother's arm.

"There's just the two of you here?"
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:39 pm

Post 102

Acuity Lakefoot (Koru's Den)|| Morning

Dante had to keep his focus as to not shake or dislodge his passenger, so Koru's running and flitting about barely registered in the giant hound's mind. He did manage to widen the door, its questionable height and girth passing in his thoughts momentarily on the climb there, but apparently it was no longer an issue. Koru had guessed the size needed correctly and Dante was able to cart the limp charizard in without issue. "Dante, put him on the big bed. We have to stop the bleeding and close the wounds."

He merely nodded, unable to make much more of a reply without losing focus. He made it to the bed, managing to put the dragon down without completely just dropping the body. Taking a few steps back and heaving very labored breaths, he sat near the spot he'd woken on not an hour ago. His tongue was even lolling out of his mouth as he panted, watching the others with a weary eye. "There's just the two of you here?" the black female asked, to which Dante looked behind him to the still open door.

"No, there's..." But seeing only the bloodied snow instead of the timid little umbreon gave him pause; where had he run off to? He swallowed as he managed to get his breathing back to normal and looked to the others. "You should try cauterizing the wound. My fire would only hurt him-- I'm gonna look for what's-his-face and cover our tracks." Without listening to more, he slipped out of the widened door and began burning the bloodied snow, as well as the snow around them to prevent leaving a less obvious trail.

Something occurred to him as he melted some of the snow with his fire that felt an awful lot like deja vu; he'd really done this before. But not here, obviously; maybe... somewhere else? He had no idea, but it was entirely possible-- who knew how long he'd been out in this bullshit snow? He shrugged the thought off; he had more important shit to do.

Waylon? That was his name, right? Fuck, he sucked with names, even WITHOUT amnesia-- anyway, the umbreon wasn't anywhere in sight. Being white would do that, running around in snow. But it only made Dante think he'd run off on his own instead of getting caught by something and dragged off-- there were larger and more vulnerable prey than some skinny, skittish, hard-to-see umbreon. The thought of desertion put a sour taste in Dante's mouth, but there was nothing to be done about it. He was gone. With a sigh, he continued his work, using flamethrowers to burn away their trails and any luring scent of blood.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed May 06, 2015 2:19 pm

Acuity Lakefoot (Koru's Den)/Morning
    (G: 12 | E: 17)

"No, there's..." Dante started to reply but trailed off, looking towards the door. Eris stared at him curiously; had one of them gone missing or wandered off? "You should try cauterizing the wound. My fire would only hurt him-- I'm gonna look for what's-his-face and cover our tracks." And without another word, the large dog slipped outside, flashes of fire erupting from his mouth as he melted the bloodied snow.

Eris sighed and turned her attention to the Persian as he flustered around her, looking for something to cover Greg's wound. She snapped her gaze to her brother, her heart clenching with fear in her chest as she waited for movement in his sides. With relief, she still saw that they rose up and down, steady puffs of air exhaling from his nostrils. He looked really quite peaceful; almost as though he was just asleep. His breathing sounded normal as well; no sighs of any labouring, and Eris took this as a good sign.

She leaned her head onto the bed beside him, her tail flickering with impatience. "You got what you want yet, cat?" she asked, a swirl of smoke floating out of her nose as she snorted. "He hasn't exactly got all day."
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri May 08, 2015 4:17 am

Acuity Lakefront/Morning (1)

Of all the places in Sinnoh to visit, why did she have to choose Snowpoint?

Still, the city's surrounding harsh environment and its remoteness made it a decent spot for searching for supplies; no one else was dumb enough to go anywhere near it.

Marley, though, disliked just how cold it was around here. Sitting on the back of her Arcanine helped to strengthen her tired muscles, warm her numb fingers, the dog's fur radiating its own natural heat. She was hoping that her trip up north would be worth it, if her hypothesis about Snowpoint being still ripe with supplies due to its location was correct of course. If it wasn't, well ... more fool her.

Marley buried her fingers into Arcanine's fur, her legs swinging on either side of him while he walked. She looked out at the waters of the lake, quite sure that they would be heavily contaminated by now. It reminded her just how thirsty she was; they'd ran out of fresh water the day before. Lake Acuity had once been beautiful; a sparkling sapphire admist a vast expanse of whiteness. Marley was also relatively sure that the legendary Pokemon that called this lake home was nowhere to be found either.

"How different things are," she muttered from her perch on her Pokemon's back. Arcanine simply grunted and nodded grimly.

Until suddenly, he stopped dead. Marley felt him tense underneath her, and she slid her leg round and hopped off his back and into the snow. "What's wrong?" Arcanine was staring fixedly at something moving in the distance, growling softly. Marley squinted to get a look at it. It was a large, black canine, shooting blasts of fire out of its mouth at the snow around it. "Odd." Arcanine inhaled sharply as he sniffed the air and appeared to relax. "Is it living?" He nodded.

A living Pokemon? Here, of all places? Marley didn't know how to feel; just because it was breathing didn't mean it was friendly. "Stay close," she instructed Arcanine as she moved forward, the large hound walking at his Trainer's side. She couldn't just walk past and ignore it; this could be the only uninfected wild Pokemon in the region for all she knew. Life, as twisted as it had become, was clearly still full of surprises. Slipping on her communicator, Marley was grateful to have found one.

"Excuse me," she said to the Pokemon as she neared it, now getting a good look at its features. It looked like a Houndoom, but it was much larger and had more bone-like armour on its head, back and tail. Marley had never seen a Pokemon like it. She looked down at the damp ground around the Pokemon where its fire had melted the snow. "What are you doing?"
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun May 10, 2015 4:35 am

Post 103

Acuity Lakefoot|| Morning

He was nearly done wiping away the footprints and blood, panting slightly from the exertion. Carrying a million-pound dragon and then running around spouting fire at snow like a goddamn moron was really exhausting. But as Dante wiped away the last bit of blood, he felt somewhat accomplished. Hopefully, this would keep those roaming assholes off their trail and give that dragon some time to recover. If he made it. He backed up, erasing his own tracks as he made his way back to the den when a couple of scents on the air drafted around him. The hound stiffened and sniffed cautiously, glancing to his right as he spotted them.

And Arcanine and... a ghost?
    No. It was human.

"Excuse me," she called out as she approached, Dante watching her and her dog warily while they drew near. He allowed them to get fairly close, seeing as how she hadn't bothered trying to sneak up on him or anything. It was a start. And really, he was way too surprised to see a human to even think about actually attacking it. Her. Right. As she got closer, he realized just how much larger he'd become in his "evolution" or mutation-- he was about a foot taller than her, and he had to look down in order to meet her eyes. The fuck had he turned into? "What are you doing?"

Icy eyes glanced to the snow behind them, causing him to sigh a little in irritation. "...Well..." he began quietly, looking back to the human, still eyeing her cautiously. "I was erasing the footprints around here to keep assholes off our trail, but it looks like that's not going to happen." He shifted so that he was more directly blocking the den entrance, even if it was still a few yards off, acting as a barrier between the strangers and it. It would only take a simple shift in the wind for the arcanine to pick up the blood since the "door" was still open. "What do you want?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon May 18, 2015 12:26 pm

(G: 12 | E: 18)

"Be more respectful when in someone else's den," said the cat stiffly. "We are helping you." Eris bared her teeth at the feline, angry puffs of smoke bursting out of her nostrils. She'd act however she fucking liked; neither of these guys had actually done anything to help Greg yet - he was still unconscious and bleeding - so she didn't have to be nice at all if she didn't want to. Maybe if Gregory recovered she'd lower her guard a little, but for now they were still strangers.

"I gave you the berries-- squeeze the juice into his mouth, small amounts. It will help heal him inside while we work on the wound." With a lingering scowl at the bossy little fluffball, Eris did as she was told, gently forcing Greg's mouth open. It was clamped shut at first, and she was worried that she'd break his jaw if she pulled on it too hard, but eventually it slackened and she was able to squeeze some of the juice in there.

"Help me saturate these with the sitrus, too. The berry juices will both help heal and keep them from sliding off." Eris nodded and squeezed more juice onto the leaves as they were placed onto Greg's shoulder. Eris grimaced as she looked at the wound, travelling up from the shoulder and onto the bottom of his wing membrane. She doubted he'd be able to fly properly for a while.

But then, Eris heard a new noise. A voice. Her head snapped up from her work, snarling at the entrance to the den. "Who's there? Someone is there. Someone new." Her tail lashed aggressively, more than ready to tear outside and slash the thing to pieces if it posed any sort of threat.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri May 22, 2015 4:25 pm

Acuity Lakefront | Morning
    Pachi 18 | Glalie 18

The Jolteon bounced high in the air, diving downward with her forepaws pressed together. She sank instantly into the snow, clumps flying from around her paws as she romped about like an excited pup. "This time Im gonna do a super jump, watch me Glalie!" She squeals back to her partner who was moving much more calmly, taking time with his steps so that his paws wouldn't sink into the snow. Is it true? The Glaceon wonders. This place is sacred? I evolved near the home of a Legend? The land around him is faintly familiar, pinging an odd sense of nostalgia in the Glaceon though he can never remember seeing this exact area. Was it just the snow, the smell in the cold air, the pine trees that was drawing him here? The icy rock was in the opposite direction but this place sent a vibe through the Ice Type he just could not understand. What draws me here, the place of my evolution, my species native habitat? He questions himself, grimacing. Was it the lake itself and the prospect of a legend or a sense of returning home to the land of his people? "Look at that huge clump! Watch me watch me!" The Jolteon yowled at him, oblivious to his thoughts and her own obnoxiousness in the solemn environment.

Ripping across the snow Pachirisu jumps as high as she can before plowing into the heap of snow. It was a lot denser then she had expected though and she didn't quite sink into it. Instead the solid pack scraps at her legs and belly, the Jolteon yelping and scrabbling away from the snow as the pain prickles at her body. "Ow ow ow!" She barks, the Glaceon already at her side as she flops to the ground. Looking into his blue eyes, half hoping he would say 'are you alright?' or something close to it, she can already read his expression. Getting back to her paws she mutters begrudgingly, "Okay.. maybe that wasn't the smartest thing ever." A cold breeze starts to blow through her thin fur and instantly the Electric Type begins to shiver, flecks of snow caught in her pelt to go with her new scrapes. It seemed her fun out here was over.

The Glaceon stood very still, looking over his friend for anything serious. Those will sting but should be okay. Whipping his tail back and forth he withholds a sigh. Wounds really weren't a good idea in a place like this.. no matter how minor. "Now I huurrttt." She continues to whine, giving her pelt a shake and sending snow flying. Wincing as a clump smacks him in the face Glalie gives no other reaction. Maybe there are things out here to tend to those scratches? The chances for that weren't great but if they were moving anyway he could keep his eyes open. Walking past the Jolteon he can not ignore that the shivering was already getting more intense. He had told her not play in the snow but, just like when they were kits, she did it anyway and was not regretting it. If she can get out of the cold for a bit that could help.. But where could they stay out in a place like this?

Marching onward, his wide paws acting as perfect snow shoes, he drags his tail across the Jolteon's side to say he was moving on. She lets out a small whine but otherwise does not protest. Ears high and alert they cant help but focus on the crunching from each of the Pachi's steps. "My paws are cold.." Letting the sigh go his time with a small roll of his eyes Glalie knows their progress toward the lake would now be hindered. She would eventually have to stop and there was no where in sight that they could rest at. If we don't find anything soon I could mak- He stops dead in his tracks, blues eyes locking on a shape on the ground. A, that.. massive tracks? Prints of something much larger then himself. "What is it Glalie?" The sad mewl seemed to of picked up his anxiety. How long have these been here? Sniffing the scent is still ashy and fresh, the moist snow smell had yet to cover the Pokemons scent. The Glaceon hesitates. ...We should probably avoid whatever it is. But something was telling him to follow the tracks. They hadn't seen a single Pokemon in what seemed like forever. The land out here was desolate but it shouldn't be that barren. Grinding his teeth the Ice Type decided he at least wants to know what kind of Pokemon it is, even if that plan was dangerous. "We're following them," His voice was faint but the Jolteon perked at hearing it once more. "Okay!"

((Omg I missed these two ;  ; They should be pretty close to the others and he saw Arcanine's prints since I think those were still there.))
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Mon May 25, 2015 2:17 pm

Acuity Lakefront/Morning (2)

"...Well...I was erasing the footprints around here to keep assholes off our trail, but it looks like that's not going to happen."

Instantly from her side, Arcanine began to growl, showing his teeth at the fellow canine. Marley simply blinked, slightly raising her eyebrows. She hadn't expected an overwhelmingly friendly reception, given how a lot of these Pokemon were clearly either wild or distrusting of humans, but ... that was just downright--

"Rude." Her monotone expression not faltering one bit, she slowly looked down at the melted snow around the dog's feet and then back up at him. "That was rude." She patted Arcanine's rumbling side and stepped forward. "I mean no harm ... I haven't seen any living Pokemon besides my own for ... a long time now."

"What do you want?"
    "To help if I can." Marley craned her head around the hound's shoulder towards a sort of den that he appeared to be guarding. "Are there others with you?"
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:16 pm

Post 104

Acuity Lakefront|| Morning

Dante had to admit, he couldn't remember ever meeting anyone like this chick, much less a human. He stared blankly as she monotonously accused him of being rude --which wasn't surprising in and of itself, it was just that... her voice was so... vacant? It was certainly something that caught him off guard to say the least. But when she spoke again, he found himself slightly shaking his grand armored head to rid himself of the weird vibes the girl was putting off.

"To help if I can." The lack of emotion in not just her voice, but her expressions and body language, made it hard to gauge whether or not she was actually a threat. A little too late, Dante realized she was looking over his shoulder to the exposed den, and took late he shifted himself to once again block her view. "Are there others with you?"

"I..." What the fuck was he supposed to do? He guessed if the girl meant harm, she would have ordered her arcanine to do something by now, so... there was that? "....Yes?" He stepped aside a little, allowing her access before turning and calling to the others, "Uh, there's company? The girl could help, I think." He looked to the weird human before asking, "Don't suppose you know how to mend a dragon wing?"

But then, as he moved past the strange duo, something else caught his attention. New smells, something that was strangely familiar. Frowning, he stayed put, letting the newcomers make their own way into the den by themselves. He didn't think there would be an issue; humans tended to be pretty adept at healing wounds. Besides, he still had all the footprints to erase.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:58 am

((Eeeeh...skip me. Eris isn't doing much. She's sitting next to Gregory looking tensely out at the door. She hasn't seen Marley yet.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:09 pm

Acuity Lakefront | Morning
    Pachi 19 | Glalie 19

The Jolteon had finally quieted herself but Glalie could not relish in the silence. She was hurt- yes, they were minor little nicks but any scratch would feel so much worse in this chill. Why couldn't she just be quiet of her own accord? Why did it take a wound to pacify the yapping female? Holding back a groan he pauses, sniffing at the snowy prints once more. The scent was getting stronger, bolder and more familiar even under the wet snow smell. We're getting closer. Before he can even bring up his head though a soft whine bats against one of his furry ears. This time he must grit his teeth to keep the groan in. What am I going to do with you.. It wasn't in her nature to act like an adult, he knew that, but she was really trying is patience. "This is boring." The Jolteon moans, stamping one paw deep in the snow. Boring?! Glalie's ears shoot up tall and he instantly turns to face her. Heaven forbid that trying to find the first other living thing after hours of wandering was 'boring' to her. Pachi must of noticed the shock in his visage as she diverts her eyes and takes a step back. "Sorry I.. I didn't mean that." Finally letting a sigh go he turns back to the trail, head shaking, and starts to move forward once more. No, you did mean that. You just regret saying it.

Why do I gotta go and mess everything up.. The Jolteon's ears lie flat against her skull, green eyes bulging with shame as she follows slowly after her pale furred friend. Im cold. She keeps her jaws shut. Its so quiet out here. Its creepy He didn't need to know. Hell, he probably already knew those things. Why are we out here? She cant remember anymore.. the snow had been too much of a distraction to pay attention to the Ice Type. The snow still looked so appealing and fun, her paws itching to jump and run in it some more, but she kept to her place behind the Glaceon. He was so engrossed with his tracking, so determined, so poise like a hunting searching for its prey.. What if there is something scary at the end of these tracks? They are awfully big. Would he notice with his eyes on the ground? Both her ears stood tall once more. If Glalie was going to be watching below she would look ahead!

Bounding past the Glaceon, smothering the prints in her own and a cloud of snow, Pachirisu is determined to look look for the other Pokemon. There is a gasp from behind but the female does not hear it as her own voice echos in her head. You are his voice. Now you must be his eyes! He.. he needed her! He needed this. Yes! Completely forgetting any pain or cold the Jolteon feels light and rejuvenated, dashing much too far away from her companion.
    Weaving between trees a once distant mountain is suddenly right before them. Were they about to climb, did the tracks go up? Her forest colored gaze drifts high into the sky, following along toward the mountains peak until she must crank her neck back. I hope we dont have to- Yelping loudly she smashes face first into a pine tree, the branches shaking with a hiss as snow falls from their needles. "Ahh, whoops!" She murmurs into her paws as her wrists rub her muzzle. Dont say ow dont say ow dont say ow! "Yaaaao'hhiiiii!" She barks the gurgled word while gritting her teeth and backing away from the tree on three legs. Moments pass before her eyes clear but when they do she sees two things- the Glaceon beside here with a panicked expression and a canine of sorts not too many yards away. "Oh..." She whispers, not wanting to drop the one leg that was still on her muzzle. "H-hello?"
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:01 am

Acuity Lakefront/Morning (3)

"I...Yes?" The large dog stepped aside, revealing an entrance to a sort of den. As he turned and alerted any others within of her presence, Marley gave Arcanine's side a pat. Her own hound was beginning to calm, although he still had his eyes firmly on the Houndusk. He'd clearly never seen a Pokemon like this before either; from what she could see, it was some strange branch off the Houndoom evolution line. Their kind received a lot of bad press and stigma from their ominous appearances, but Marley knew that they were just misunderstood. She had a lot of sympathy for creatures like that.

"Don't suppose you know how to mend a dragon wing?" the dog asked, turning back to her. Marley inclined her head at the question, humming softly. Her own dragon, Noivern, had occasionally sprained or pulled a tendon in her wing during battle, which Marley had had to treat with some berries and TLC. Of course, it all depended on what kind of injury it was. Still, how hard could it be? Perhaps if she helped them, she'd be able to ask them some questions.

"My name is Koru, this is my home." Marley hadn't noticed the cream-coloured feline approach her from the den, his pelt nearly camouflaging him in the snow. She looked up again to the entrance of the den and then back down at the cat.  "We have an unconscious dragon with a wound on his wing-- can you help us?"

Marley nodded, gesturing to her backpack. "I have some bandages and medicines that may be able to help ... I'll try to, anyway." Guessing that she had received the green light to go, Marley stepped forward towards the den. Arcanine followed her tensely. "Arcanine, keep watch outside." Her Pokemon reluctantly did as he was told, standing guard at the entrance as Marley ducked under the threshold and entered.

It seemed that the injured Pokemon was a Charizard. Marley instantly spotted the nasty wound at the foundation of his left wing, cutting across the edge of the membrane and into the shoulder. Something with sharp claws had slashed at the poor thing. Beside the unconscious creature was another Charizard, except this one had dark, ashy scales and red wings. This place was certainly full of surprises; first a strange new Pokemon and next a shiny Charizard.

Marley put down her backpack, reached inside and pulled out her first aid kit. She unzipped the little green bag and took out a roll of bandages and some antiseptic spray. By the looks of the wound, the Pokemon had already tried to patch it up themselves.

"I'm here to help."
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:19 am

Post 105

Acuity Lakefront|| Morning

At first, Dante was somewhat relieved when Koru made his appearance from the den, greeting the human and her Arcanine pleasantly enough. "My name is Koru, this is my home." But as the feline spoke, there was something off. He couldn't really put his paw on what, but... maybe it was his imagination. After all, he'd always been a guy to second-guess things. "We have an unconscious dragon with a wound on his wing-- can you help us?"

"I have some bandages and medicines that may be able to help ... I'll try to, anyway." The human seemed calm and confident enough to perhaps help; that was what was important, right? "Arcanine, keep watch outside." Dante gave the other canine one last look before turning his head back to what had been his goal in the first place: the fucking footprints. Though he didn't trust the Arcanine much, Dante knew the species well enough to know there was little the canine could do as far as attacking went, even with the element of surprise. It was a safe bet to continue going on about his business and hope that--

The sound of rapidly crunching snow stops Dante in his tracks and as he looked up, he saw a blur of yellow streaking through the trees. The speed didn't last long, however, as it gracefully slammed itself into a tree. Dante could only stare a moment as a glaceon went to its side -he could now tell it was a jolteon- and watched over it a moment. Heaving a very loud, audible sigh that likely should have been called a groan, he trotted toward them. If they were hostile, it'd be easy. Just kill them. But if they were friendly... what was he supposed to do? Turn them away? Would Koru's meager den even be enough for himself, Dante's fat ass, as well as two dragons a human and these guys? It was quickly becoming far too crowded, but... it wasn't his den. He'd just have to ask, if it came down to it.

Dante paused a good ways from them, watching warily as the jolteon speedily recovered. "H-hello?"

"...Hi," Dante dryly replied, stepping closer, taking a careful sniff of their passing scents. Not infected, it looked like. Well, that was step one. "What do you want?" he began carefully, watching them for a moment before continuing. They looked young. And the jolteon looked dumb. Not a good combination. "If you're looking for trouble, I'd suggest knocking yourself into a tree a few more times-- it'd be better than what you'd be getting from me."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:56 am

(G: 13 | E: 19)

Eris sat tensely at Gregory's side as Koru left to investigate them newcomer, leaving the both alone. She didn't move a muscle as she listened to the conversation. Whoever it was said that they wanted to help, but something was ... wrong. Something in the air, in the way the new voice sounded made Eris feel uncomfortable. She turned back to Greg and gave him a gentle lick on the cheek. Surely she was just being paranoid and it was a Chansey or something; a Pokemon with good healing skills.

Out of all the things it could've been, a human was the last thing on earth she would've asked for.

Upon seeing the girl, Eris's wings snapped open as she hissed aggressively, baring her teeth. No. No way. Anything but a human, anything--

"I'm here to help."

"No." Before she could help it, Eris was scrambling up the side of the bed and practically on top of Greg. She leaned over him, black smoke coiling out of her nose. "Not you. Not a human. Get out," she spat, venom and hatred dripping from her voice.

Humans were bad; humans hurt and mocked and humiliated. This girl wasn't fooling anyone with her claim of wanting to 'help'. She was here to corrupt and destroy; to beat her to a pulp just like Damon used to--

"I'm not telling you again," Eris snarled, her tail lashing dangerously behind her. "Get out, or I swear to Arceus I will cook you."

"...Eris?"

The sudden voice jolted the dragoness's heart with joy, like birdsong in a rainstorm. Only just realising that she was practically lying on top of him, she slid off onto the floor and gripped at his arm, looking deep into his half-open eyes. "Greg? Oh legends, Greg! Are you OK?"

His eyes flickered open slowly as he began to raise his head, looking around the den dazedly. "...What's going on?"
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Acuity Lakefront [Outside Koru's Den] | Morning
    Pachi 20 | Glalie 20

Dammit all. The Glaceon's mind went on high alert. That Pokemon.. it looked like a Houndoom which meant it was a damned Fire Type. Out here in the snow!? Why should he of expected anything less. Is he hostile, have we run ourselves into a fight? His wide paws spread a bit further atop the snow. Type disadvantage or not he would have to be prepared. But instead of attacking canine offers a simple, "...Hi," back to them. Letting the fur along his neck lay flat Glalie nimbly moves himself in front of Pachirisu while never taking his eyes off the hound. A return greeting, a movement closer, no sense of hostility. His tail whips slightly behind him. Friendly? Cautious? Defensive? If it was not planning on attacking there was no way the Glaceon would instigate one on purpose. Ill-feelings trickle down his spine; he didn't know what it would do.

Pressing her leg hard against her face as she drags it away Pachi can see that some spot was oozing blood on her snout after all as a red smear is present along her wrist. Great, another wound. That was just what she needed right now. "What do you want?" Stiffening at the unknown Pokemon's voice her green eyes snap back to it in an instant. To feel my paws again. The reply hums in her head but the Electric Type holds her tongue. She would get smacked for saying that to a stranger.. "Nothing sir. I, I mean we were just.." A lump wads in the back of her thought as she draws a blank. Oh no.. What were they doing again? Why had she been running and accidental clonked herself against a tree? "If you're looking for trouble, I'd suggest knocking yourself into a tree a few more times-- it'd be better than what you'd be getting from me." Shrinking down low to the ground Pachi's ears press tight against her skull. Oh no another Pokemon was thinking her nothing more then a moron. "No, no no trouble!" She exclaims, still blanking on what their objective had been moments before. We had a purpose I swear!

With his jaws clamped so tightly his teeth ached the Glaceon could not wait for his partner any longer. The tracks girl, the tracks! Giving her a very sturdy nudge with his shoulder she turns her sights toward him, obvious panic and desperation gleaming in her forest gaze. Lifting one paw he points, angling his head to the massive depressions in the snow. Whatever had made those must have- With a hng and a flinch Glalie notices the Arcanine that was also watching them. How in the hells had he missed that? "We were just following the tracks!" Pachi finally explains after taking in the hint. "That guy," A sad awkwardness fills her mew as she shakes more snow from her yellow fur, "We just wanted to know what had made such big pawprints." Forcing herself to stand tall once more she continues, "We hadn't seen a single other thing out here since we arrived. We just wanted to find someone else."
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:48 pm

(Skip.)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:17 am

Acuity Lakefront (Koru's Den)/Morning (4)

Well. She hadn't expected a red carpet with roses and confetti, but something better than this.

The black Charizard took one look at her and looked as though she wanted to commit murder. She bared her teeth, lashed her flaming tail and practically climbed on top of the injured male to shield him from her. She was almost mad with panic; clearly humans weren't on her nice list.

"Get out, or I swear to Arceus I will cook you." She was serious. Marley could see the hatred burning inside her eyes. One more step and she would be barbecued. She stood very still, her expression blank as she looked the Charizard straight in the eye.

Please ... don't attack. Don't make me hurt you. Her hand itched as she thought of the knife tucked into her shoe. If this dragon did indeed decide to go for the kill, she'd be ready to stab her in the throat, no questions, no excuses. She needed to live.

"...Eris?"
    "Greg? Oh legends, Greg! Are you OK?" The female seemed to instantly forget that Marley was even there as she clambered back onto the floor and gripped at his arm, relief flooding from her in waves. If she hadn't just threatened to kill her, Marley would've felt glad for her.

The male had regained consciousness though; that was the important thing. He blinked sleepily as he looked around the room. "...What's going on?"

Marley didn't speak until his eyes found her, and she still didn't move. She didn't want to provoke the female any further. "My name is Marley," she said, "and I'm here to help." She looked again to the black female, still holding her first aid kit against her chest. "...May I?"
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:10 pm

Post 106

Acuity Lakefront|| Late Morning

"No, no no trouble!"

The jolteon is a ditz. It's not hard to tell; her dopey voice, the fact that she drew blood running into a goddamn tree, and, well, she'd just called him "sir". No one called him "sir", except for dipshit kids that didn't know any better. He quirked an eye as she panicked, looking around herself for a moment before continuing. "We were just following the tracks!" She exclaimed after earning a forceful hint from her icy companion. "That guy," she commented as Dante took a small moment to see the new Arcanine watching them from afar. "We just wanted to know what had made such big pawprints." ...Really? "We hadn't seen a single other thing out here since we arrived. We just wanted to find someone else."

"So... you... just... found some tracks... followed them haphazardly and just... hoped that whatever pokemon was at the end of them was friendly?" Dante questioned flatly, his head inclining slightly as he questioned the dumb jolteon. "That doesn't, in the least, strike either one of you as the least bit ridiculous or, I don't know, fucking STUPID?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:39 am

(G: 14 | E: 20)

His vision was blurred, his eyes heavy and his left shoulder shooting bolts of pain down his arm and up into his wing. His mind clambered at every detail around him, trying to remember what had happened. He'd been with Eris by the lakefront; she'd been fussing over a gash and blaming herself for what had happened. Visions of blazing red eyes and huge talons flashed across his vision, and Gregory gasped with a start, trying to sit up.

"H-Hey, Greg! Ssh, slow down. Don't try to get up yet," Eris soothed as her brother gritted his teeth in pain and let his head flop pathetically back down onto the bed. His eyes scanned the room, his vision slowly beginning to clear. He saw a small, brown figure and a much taller black and white one standing nearby.

The fuzzy brown thing spoke first. "My name is Koru, and this is my den. You were injured, but my friend and I found you along with our sister. Don't move yet, we don't want to restart the bleeding." Greg blinked sleepily at the cat and turned his head round to face Eris again. "Did they...?"

"Yeah, they helped us. Dante helped to carry you here and Koru has started to cover your wound." Her face suddenly scowled angrily, her tail lashing. "But her..."

Gregory turned back to see that the tall black and white figure was, in fact, a human girl. She stood off to the side, holding a small, green pack to her chest. "My name is Marley," she said flatly, "and I'm here to help." She looked towards Eris. "...May I?"

"No you may not," the shiny female snarled, snapping her jaws. She leaned in closer to Greg, and he could swear that he felt her body quivering against his. "Don't worry, Greg. I'll make sure she doesn't hurt you."

Gregory fully understood his sister's hostility to the girl; her own experience with humans had hardly been pleasant. The sight of Marley screamed 'DANGER' at her. Gregory knew well that not all of Eris's scars were inflicted by Pokemon.

But Gregory looked into Marley's vacant, almost bored gaze and felt no need for alarm. She looked as though she was holding a first aid kit, a little bag that some humans carried around containing medicines, bandages and other essentials. If she meant any harm, why would she have that? "I don't..." he began, placing a hand on Eris's trembling arm, "I don't think she means any harm, Eris."

"How do you know that? Who knows what she has in that pack?" Eris's voice was rising in pitch. Greg wished that he could move just to be able to restrain her. She was beginning to panic, and when she panicked she became unpredictable. "Could be a whip, or a knife, or a Nidoking--"

"You know that's ridiculous, Eris," Greg soothed as his sister's wings shook. "Maybe..." he turned to the human and gave her an encouraging look, "maybe Marley can show us what's in there first?"
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:16 pm

Acuity Lakefront [Outside Koru's Den] | Late Morning
    Pachi 21 | Glalie 21

The Jolteon can feel her heart pummeling against her chest. "So... you... just... found some tracks... followed them haphazardly and just... hoped that whatever pokemon was at the end of them was friendly?" He was not impressed or amused with them. Oh gods what could she say to not look like more of an idiot?? "Well no, I mean.. not exactly.." Pachi swallows but there is a hard lump in her throat threatening to gag her. He was kinda right and that was terrifying. "That doesn't, in the least, strike either one of you as the least bit ridiculous or, I don't know, fucking STUPID?" She flinches, shrinking low to the ground with ears pressed firmly against her skull and eyes wide. It wasn't that dumb.. was it? While her jaw quivers any words die on her tongue as the Jolteon is scared silent. Terrifying fit in more then one way.

In one fluid motion the Glaceon moves in front and somewhat over the Jolteon, draping his tail across her back, while his muscles tense for a possible attack. Though its clear for all to see the furry appendage can easily feel her shaking beneath him. Goddammit. She was blanking, bad, and making them both look like utter morons. We weren't supposed to approach the Pokemon, just see what was here! What if it was food? He groans to himself and rolls with blue eyes. God why did you have to freeze now!? Usually she was good with stupid, stupid witty replies that were at least entertaining but she was completely frozen. Gritting his teeth the Glaceon knew he shouldn't just let her squirm, especially with a potentially dangerous pair of Pokemon staring them down, but the girl was their voice and had to learn to take care of that under pressure. That will never happen. That was painfully obvious, and this was not the situation for her to learn from.

He had to saying something, anything. 'Don't do it.' A voice whispers in the back of his head. 'Speaking will only make it worse.' The fur along his neck raises with the uncomfortable feeling of being watched as the Glaceon takes in a deep breathe. The chances were so low but what if a certain someone was nearby? A lashing on his home turf.. what if this Houndoom-esk Pokemon was one of hers? "It didn't m-matter what was at the end.." The quivering sound of the Jolteons voice surprises him and Glalie jumps back, spooked. She was going to power through? "Just as long as there was something there." Pachi stood once more, taking a few small steps forward then stopping to get her breath back. "We have been out here for gods know how long and its been all but desolate." The Electric types voice is shaking as she snaps, "Is it so wrong to want to know that we aren't the only pair of beings that exist in this.. this.. this godawful place!?"

The Glaceon grinds his teeth. Why couldn't you just say we were hunting Mamoswime..
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:07 am

Acuity Lakefront (Koru's Den)/Late Morning (5)

Thankfully, the spotted Persian from before had stepped in to try and diffuse the situation. Marley cast a glance at Arcanine, who was still outside but had a glare aimed inside at the black dragon. He would not leave his position unless she instructed him, but she hoped it wouldn't come to that. No one should have to harm another for trying to protect a loved one.

The female was still not convinced, however. "Don't worry, Greg. I'll make sure she doesn't hurt you," she hissed, pressing herself against Greg's form. So that was the problem ... she'd obviously been abused in some form or another to have such a hostile view of her kind. If Marley was feeling any sympathy for the scarred dragon, it did not show on her face, but her heart ached as her head brought up all sorts of unpleasant images. Her Trainer must've been a monster.

"I don't..." Gregory began quietly after examining her for a moment. "I don't think she means any harm, Eris."
    "How do you know that? Who knows what she has in that pack? Could be a whip, or a knife, or a Nidoking--"

...A Nidoking? Marley would've laughed if she wasn't in danger of being mauled to death by a Charizard. She immediately scolded herself for even thinking of cracking a smile; Eris was clearly panicking, and poor Greg was struggling to keep her calm in his own immobile position.

She wished she knew what to say or do to make the situation easier, but thankfully Gregory seemed to find a solution. "Maybe," he looked at her encouragingly, "maybe Marley can show us what's in there first?"

Getting the message, Marley knelt down without a word and emptied the contents of the first aid kit onto the ground. There was a roll of bandages, an antiseptic spray and some wipes, a pack of disposable gloves, some tweezers, a thermometer, some painkillers and a pair of scissors. Marley hoped that the latter wouldn't spook the female further as she looked up at the dragons.

"See?" She laid everything out in a line so that they could easily be seen. "No Nidokings." She expected a hostile reaction from Eris as she got to her feet with the spray, wipes and bandages in her arms, but the Charizard simply growled at her. "We really ought to get that wound properly cleaned sooner rather than later..."

Without waiting for permission, Marley strolled over to the bed and laid the items down next to Gregory. Eris whipped over to the other side of him, still baring her teeth and watching every move she made. Marley could manage that; maybe the aggressive female would change her tone after she'd done what she needed to do.

She looked at the makeshift bandages that they'd made for him; large leaves soaked in what smelled like berry juices. Wild Pokemon were smarter than she gave them credit for.

Marley snapped on a pair of gloves. "I'll need to move these for a moment," she said, gently peeling the leaves away from the wound. Whatever had attacked him had torn straight through his scales. The wound stretched from the back of his shoulder right up into his wing membrane. It looked nasty, but Marley was confident that she'd be able to get it patched up properly. He wouldn't be able to fly for a while though.

"Can I ask how this wound was afflicted?" she queried, taking a wipe out of the pack and carefully starting to clean off the blood from the edges of the gash.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:21 am