Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+3
Nightfall
Fox
renegade
7 posters

(ELITE) The SNOWPOINT Team

Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

(ELITE) The SNOWPOINT Team - Page 7 Empty Re: (ELITE) The SNOWPOINT Team

Post by Fox Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Snowpoint Outskirts | Night | 85 | 40

"Well, I think that's pretty admirable. Regardless of who you were you are trying to do good with who you are now." Frustration sat like a knot in his chest, growing heavier and heavier every passing moment. They didn't know Dante- the idiot was a goddamn saint. They don't even know Rune or himself. Why were they all so quick to assume they were all worthless crap?

"So...ya want me to be a panderin' doxy? What a ruttin' load of pi gu." Rune spat out in disgust. Strix shot a glare at her as she jumped from his shoulder and landed with a soft crunch of the pale snow. "If you gonna just be a hwen-dan, I'll tell 'em myself." With that, she trotted away from him, towards the head of the group. Strix growled, his large teeth grinding against each other as he watched her approach Dante.

"Look, now I know you don't care for me much, but you gotta listen." She said as she stepped in front of Raiden as if he weren't there. "I don't exactly know where this here shelter is, but hell, we heading right towards death if it's 'round that hellhole of a place." Her irate tone disappeared for a moment as her wide eyes pleaded with the dark hound. "I was there! I saw Reavers! Ain't you heard of them?? Humans!- rapin' and eatin' and mutilatin' on each other and anythin' else they were able to get their grimy hands on!" Runes' small form began to quake involuntarily as she recounted what happened. "I was with the others that you knew, and they prolly dead now- eaten! Ain't no way this is alright, Dante!" Her voice rose in pitch and began to squeak. Her breath was coming out in heavy little plumes as she stared at him.

Behind her, Strix trod up and quietly motioned to her. "Rune, you said your piece. Come on." He muttered, his ears low as he kept his gaze from rising to the hellhound or the others.

"No! Strix!"
    She snarled whirling around on him. "You might be a-scared of all of 'em, but I sure as hell ain't! You be their doxy," She hissed, her ears lowering as she glared up at the nidoking. "At least I ain't lettin' everyone walk into a gorram trap!!"

The behemoth cringed in pain, his face scrunching up as his gaze began to boil. A heavy snort escaped his nostrils. "You goin' against me again!? Last time you did this, it turned into a gorram witch hunt! You really wanna do that to someone else?!" He growled menacingly, swiftly picking her up and confining her in his large claws as he began to stomp back. "You're going to quiet down or so help me, reavers will be the least of your worries."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:32 am

Post 119||Post 2

Acuity Lakefront/Snowpoint Outskirts||Night

Dante hadn't expected the little Jolteon to come trotting up; he hadn't even realized his words had been loud enough for the others to hear. Oops. "Well, I think that's pretty admirable. Regardless of who you were you are trying to do good with who you are now."

His pace slowed a little as he was genuinely touched by her words. With all the accusing and anger being thrown around the air like ragdolls, he hadn't thought that anyone actually still thought well of him. Hell, it even gave him a little hope that maybe he was still a decent person, even with the Manectric wanting his blood, and maybe there was a civil way out of this. "Thanks..." he murmured, his voice little more than a quiet token of gratitude.

"Well," Dante turned back to the Manectric as he began again. "I could tell you of our brief time together if you'd like. At least from my perspective, and maybe that could help trigger some clarity for you. Completely up to you of course. I would never pressure the mentally ill to subject themselves to what they potentially would rather not know. After all, how many people want to be told that they are a murderer?"

Dante's expression soured into a soft frown at the "mentally ill" comment, but he stumbled at the word "murderer". Wide-eyed and almost terrified, Dante eyed the other hound a moment. "...What... what did you--"

"Look, now I know you don't care for me much, but you gotta listen." The Sneasel's sudden appearance caused Dante to jump a little. "I don't exactly know where this here shelter is, but hell, we heading right towards death if it's 'round that hellhole of a place." He watched as her anger and frustration melted into desperation and fear. "I was there! I saw Reavers! Ain't you heard of them?? Humans!- rapin' and eatin' and mutilatin' on each other and anythin' else they were able to get their grimy hands on!"

Dante blinked; Reavers... were people? He had only dismissed the term as another name for the Undead. He flinched at her sudden bout of terror-- she was shaking, despite being an Ice-type in the snow. Concern filled him, but he wasn't entirely sure what he could do in the face of her pure fear. "I was with the others that you knew, and they prolly dead now- eaten! Ain't no way this is alright, Dante!" As she continued to rant, her voice rose higher in pitch and volume, causing the giant hound to shrink slightly in the face of her fear. He didn't know what to do with her, how to assuage her or even what to say. But the large Nidoking, her handler, soon took it upon himself to handle it.

He stood behind her, gesturing for her to retreat with him. "Rune, you said your piece. Come on." Guilt struck Dante as he quickly noticed that the worn Nidoking was avoiding eye contact; something stirred in his chest. What the hell was it? Regret? Fear? It was unnamed and intangible and wholly too frustrating and difficult to figure out. Not with this... shit storm whirling around his head.

"No! Strix!" she snapped at her compatriot. "You might be a-scared of all of 'em, but I sure as hell ain't! You be their doxy." What the hell was a "doxy"? Dante wanted to sympathize, but goddamn, he could barely understand the tiny Dark-Type. "At least I ain't lettin' everyone walk into a gorram trap!!"

A heavy snort preluded Strix's fury. "You goin' against me again!? Last time you did this, it turned into a gorram witch hunt! You really wanna do that to someone else?!" With a savage snarl, he snatched the little mouthy Sneasel up from the snow, tromping back to the rear of the group. "You're going to quiet down or so help me, reavers will be the least of your worries."

Dante found himself panting lightly from all the emotional drama that had just occurred in the last few minutes and he shut his eyes to try and find his bearings again. The Manectric had more or less accused him of murder, the Sneasel had a little breakdown and Strix was on the verge of one himself from the looks of it. He hung his ornate skeletal head a moment as he pushed all of that aside. All of that could wait. All of that could be sorted once they were inside and out of the cold. Shelter was what was actually important. Shelter.

Shelter.

He took in a slow, deep breath, lifted his head and opened his eyes. There was the trail, provided by Candice's pokemon. They were getting close and everyone was tired. Just a little longer and then he could focus on another problem. "I..." He turned to the Manectric, taking in another steadying breath. "Murderer"... "We... need to get inside. Once everyone's safe and warm, you can... we can talk more." He nodded a little to himself.

Thankfully, they weren't much further out from the shelter. Dante sighed in relief as he paused by the door, letting everyone else enter first. A small gesture of his head to the Manectric meant for the other hound to hang back and, once everyone else was inside and getting acquainted, he stepped away a little from the entrance to speak privately with his fellow canine. "It just occurred to me that I don't know your name," he began sullenly, as the thought of him having turned into a cold-blooded killer had dampened his spirits considerably. "And... I guess... we didn't get along?" His false humor cracked a little as he swallowed against the lump in his throat, and his face turned desperate with fear. "What happened...? What did I do...?"

Snowpoint||Abandoned Warehouse||Night

Ellie felt a warmth against her cheek, accented by the very cold nose at the end of it. "Come on now, chin up. You've been more helpful to me since I've met you than I'm sure even you realize. And it's not your fault you couldn't find much in a blizzard, I'm just happy you found your way back." At the gentle praise, Ellie couldn't help but let out a small whimper of gratitude as Ms. Ardere padded over to the Bag of Uselessness. "Just look at this, an Aspear Berry. This could be very helpful since we are trapped in snow. Oh and this blanket could help repair the sash I carry the egg in, and frozen water is still water dear. I'm a fire type, I can warm it simply by laying beside it. You did well dearie, truly. Do try to cheer up for me, alright?"

Though she still lay prostrate on the wood, the young Sylveon did look up and give her Houndoom companion a sheepish smile. She'd been lucky to find the expecting mother, that was sure. Especially since they were stuck in a blizzard. She pushed herself to her frozen feet and padded back to Ms. Ardere. It was way too cold to remain alone anyway. "Thanks, Ms. Ardere." She snuggled closer into the Houndoom's warmth, careful of the egg, and settled on the ground. "Do you think there's anything else we could find? Where even are we?" She had some idea about their whereabouts, but she had never been truly astute in navigation.

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:51 pm

Snowpoint Outskirts || Night
    Pachi 34 || Glalie 34

The Houndemn didn't yell or scoff. He didn't snap like Diana would or strike her like that awful man. If anything he was too quiet, like she had upset him or something worse. Unable to stop herself Pachi carefully shifted her eyes over to look at Dante, searching for any clues while trying to keep her head facing forward, and saw the subtle movement of his maw. The sound doesn't make it through her ear fur but since he didn't seem mad it had to be a good thing, right? Did I make him happy? Well, happy definitely wasn't the right word for him, but it was probably something like that.

The trailing thought bursts as the Sneasel is set off again. Her words were growing more and more garbled but the Jolteon's eyes went wide at a particular chunk. "I was there! I saw Reavers! Ain't you heard of them?? Humans!- rapin' and eatin' and mutilatin' on each other and anythin' else they were able to get their grimy hands on!" Stopping dead in her tracks the Lightening Pokemon stares agasp at the dual type. The Reavers were humans? Humans that the Sneasel, which she already forgot the name of, saw do unspeakable things? But it makes so much sense for them to be undead. Most of the human interactions she had had were pleasant! Before today she hadn't even seen a human in moons, and the two she met here were not 'Reavers' in the slightest.

Her rant continued, fueled by something Pach could not understand. "I was with the others that you knew, and they prolly dead now- eaten! Ain't no way this is alright, Dante!" Numbness sank deep in her belly. What had occurred here to make all these Pokemon so bitter and against Dante? Was he really that terrible of a guy? Then why are you guys still following him? Nothing was adding up. There were too many holes in all the stories and accusations. It was like everyone had woken up from a dream and filled any gaps with hurried thoughts and misinformation. Maybe its not safe with him after all.. no! Shaking her head clear of the thought the Jolteon pressed onward, listening as Strix subdued his unruly companion. A sigh weasels its way from her chest in a silent thank you, and the Jolteon had to admit that the Sneasel was proving more terrifying than her friend. The brute was fearsome as well, what with his size and type advantage over her, but he had managed to hold his temper better then the small female.

Maybe tomorrow, once everyone is warm and rested.. things will be different.

---

Darkness had swallowed the land completely by the time the structure's image was within reach. "Oh thank the legends.. we made it!" Pachi's exasperated glee fills Glalie's large ears and, instead of the usual grimace, he gave a relieved grin and short huff. Even his pads were feeling raw from the snow and a safe place with solid flooring sounded amazing.
    The Glaceon tilted his head back to examine their shelter. Years of neglect and heavy snow hadn't been kind to much of anything in this area and this building was no exception. It may not of been much to look at but it would be ten times better then a night out in the cold in some other makeshift den. Padding a few courteous steps away from anyone else Glalie shook any snow from his pelt before heading inside.

His legs tremble for a moment as they touch firm ground. The scent of unknown Pokemon brush his nose but the Glaceon keeps padding forward. That human set this place up for us. Candice.. The ice gym leaders name holds faint memories from a time long forgotten. This was her town, her home. Had she stayed here all these years to look after the place? Those scents are probably her Pokemon then. But what about all the other people? Had Marley been one of the citizens? Questions buzz in his head like a swarm of Combee. In all their travels Snowpoint, the city they had spent the least amount of time in so far, seemed to hold the most secrets. But they can wait until tomorrow..

Several paces behind him the Jolteon trotted in with relief plastered across her exhausted face. "I thought we'd never stop walking!" She wailed, flopping over on the first section of open space she found. A chuckle managed its way through Glalie's muzzle as he moved to settled beside her. Somehow she was still perky, still able to bounce her mood back like a Lopunny at the days end. How, he never really understood, but it was contagious as his grin remained on his own muzzle. Suddenly Pach noticed the new faces in the room and lit up like the journey hadn't even happened. "Hello!" She barked much too loudly, her forepaws shuffling in her slouch, "What are your names?"

((I don't know where Candice/her Pokemon are at Balth so she's talking to literally whoever is closest. I can either edit that last bit or just remove it if you want.))
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:41 pm

Acuity Lakefront {Snowpoint Outskirts} | Night
    [9]

Admittedly, Ma hadn't been paying much attention to the conversation being exchanged amongst the other Pokemon. She didn't have a real reason to do so; all the Weavile cared about was getting back home and away from the drama. However, the sound of that bratty Sneasel reels her attention to whatever it is the smaller Ice-type is talking about. They aren't exactly on good terms, and being a Gym Pokemon, Ma is no stranger to shit-talking. Whether an arrogant winner or a sore loser, there was always someone seeking to act pissy towards her and her trainer. That doesn't seem to be the case here, though whether that's a good or bad thing remains to be seen. What is so important that the petulant Sneasel would again confront the very Pokemon that had snapped at her not so long ago? "Look, now I know you don't care for me much, but you gotta listen. I don't exactly know where this here shelter is, but hell, we heading right towards death if it's 'round that hellhole of a place." Ma narrows her eyes at the words-what the hell is she talking about? They've been surviving near the city just fine, and there's no reason to believe everyone here is destined to die because of it. For all of her misgivings about the dangers of Snowpoint itself, Ma trusts her trainer enougn to not believe she would willingly bring them to a place if dying there was inevitable.

"I was there! I saw Reavers! Ain't you heard of them?? Humans!- rapin' and eatin' and mutilatin' on each other and anythin' else they were able to get their grimy hands on!” Ma freezes, whipping around to face the Sneasel, but words fail her. Humans? Did she really say humans? With the exception of that girl who'd been with Dante, they haven't seen another human close to the city since...Arceus, not since the very beginning. All of the townspeople had either died or fled with Candice, only to abandon her-could those same few have really survived this long? Maybe there were others who survived the fall of the city, or more likely, these “Reavers” were mere outsiders. That still fails to explain how these humans have lived inside the depths of Snowpoint, unless they were very, very new. More questions, and no real answers...but the desperation in the Sneasel's voice is real enough for Ma to believe she isn't lying. ”I was with the others that you knew, and they prolly dead now-eaten! Ain't no way this is alright, Dante!" Bickering begins between her and her handler, the Nidoking, but by then Ma has already turned away. Humans in Snowpoint, and they don't exactly sound like the friendly type. What would Candice think? Ma knows the woman can barely stomach the thought of undead infesting Snowpoint, but throwing living, thinking people into the mix, ones who are apparently killing to their hearts' content...

There's a hollow pit in the place of where her stomach used to be. Whatever she feels about the days ahead, it certainly isn't optimism.

~

Candice observes the group as they approach, swiftly noticing that a few key members are missing. It would be difficult to miss the two Charizards the Houndoom mentioned, or the woman and her Arcanine, but none of the remaining members seem concerned over their absence. She can only assume that they must have left of their own accord. With the exception of the hounds and the Nidoking, none of these Pokemon are particularly large; there should be plenty of space for all. Candice lets out a held breath as her two Pokemon join her side, giving them a rare smile for a brief moment. All of these new Pokemon were merely allies, not family, and giving them entrance to the shelter only brought back Candice's typical icy expression. She'd never put much stock into allies, not since the city's evacuation. Even now, bringing these Pokemon into her home still held a degree of uncertainty, but it was a choice already made. To throw the group back into the snow would be the height of unnecessary cruelty. With all the Pokemon inside, minus the hounds, Candice left the door slightly ajar to allow them access back. It could be shut fully whenever the two were done with whatever conversation they needed to have; it wasn't her business.

"I thought we'd never stop walking!" One of the outsider Pokemon, a Jolteon, exclaimed, her voice too loud for Candice's liking. Valhalla was entering the room at that moment, the Froslass giving a little wave to the newcomers. Borealis had already left for a different room-he'd never liked being around company-which left Valhalla, Ma, and Candice herself to accommodate the newcomers. The rather excitable Jolteon was the one to kickstart the introductions, though Candice couldn't say she was pleased. These are allies, nothing more, and in her mind there's no point in trying to be all buddy-buddy. Besides, since they were traveling with the Houndoom, it's likely they already know her name already. "Hello! What are your names?"
    ”I'm Valhalla,” the Froslass replies, though it is directed at all of the new Pokemon rather than just the Jolteon. Ma decides to chime in after her.
    ”Name's Ma. Just Ma, though, it's not short for anything.”
    ”You might not have seen him, but the Abomasnow outside is Yeti, and the Glaceon is Borealis.”

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Snowpoint Outskirts | Night
    R - 34 | A - 36

As the shitty runt of a Sneasel began running her mouth once again, completely disrupting the rapport Raiden had been building with this new Dante, the Manectric felt himself ready to give up on his vow and crush the little rat into the ground until the blood painted the snow. But he held himself back. Even as she began spewing her exaggerated lies all over the group about humans and how they were these 'Reavers' she was so damn concerned with. If they were such a menace how come no one in the group had any clue what she was spouting? Hm...imagine that.

Thankfully it seemed Strix had collected himself enough to stop her before things got worse, causing another brief round of bickering between the two, which was now just normal for them he supposed. But the increasing tempers seemed to be taking a heavy toll on the hound beside him, the other canine beginning to show signs of stress as he panted and darted his eyes around the group. "I..." Dante's voice sounded unsure, Raiden's eyes meeting his for a moment as the fire type tried to collect himself. "We... need to get inside. Once everyone's safe and warm, you can... we can talk more."

Raiden nodded in agreement, giving a small smile to the hound for his initiative, reminding himself to be polite to this new Dante until he could properly discuss their mutual past with the male. It wouldn't do any good to send him into a spiral without giving him a foundation to build upon, justice would never prevail that way.

~^~

The distance was relatively short, thankfully, and soon the group came upon the humble holding of the gym pokemon's trainer. It would serve as a defensible shelter for now, though with so many pokemon, one being quite large in fact, the Manectric wasn't entirely sure how long it would stay that way. Small shelter and big group didn't tend to stay discreet for long. His last encounter with Dante had proven that well enough.

As the group slowly entered the abode Dante waited patiently outside until he was sure everyone had gone in before him, though he gave a slight pull of his head when Raiden met his gaze. Dante wanted him to hang back, did he? This could prove progressive for his new plan. As the two finally found themselves with a moment alone, without the sassy ice type, it ended up being Dante to speak first. "It just occurred to me that I don't know your name."

His voice was low, empty, as though his mind were a deep chasm from which he could only echo the words he wished to express. It was a bit depressing. "It is Raiden," he offered politely, trying to draw the other hound back out. "And... I guess... we didn't get along?" The dark canine's attempt at humor backfired on him, though it did cause a sad smile to cross the Manectric's face as he nodded, and soon Dante was right back in that chasm in his mind.  "What happened...? What did I do...?"

Raiden hushed him quietly and shook his head, creeping up closer to the other hound to seem more sincere. "Shhh, hush now. There is time for that later. I will admit I allowed my feelings of our shared past to color my apparently new first impression and I apologize, but for now you've had a trying enough day without this painful conversation hanging over you. Get some rest, I will be here in the morning if you still wish to talk. Alright?"

As Ellie settled down from her self deprecation she happily cuddled up next to the Houndoom and calmed remarkably fast from the simple contact. Ardere smiled at her companion and gave her an affectionate bump with her head, laying down quietly to try and rest. But it seemed Ellie's mind was not quite ready to let the child sleep yet as she asked the questions that were plaguing her. "Do you think there's anything else we could find? Where even are we?"

Ardere gave a small shrug and shook her head, not entirely sure herself. "I'm certain we could find something in town once the sun is up, but as for what town this is? I honestly couldn't say. This whole region is a bit of a mystery to me. This is actually the first I've ever even seen snow outside of a Pokemon battle. I grew up in a desert region."
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:53 pm

Snowpoint Outskirts | Night | 86 | 40

"-Hey! You gorram bast-!" Strix moved his large claws to cover her very loud mouth, ignoring the growing ice engulfing his claws. He didn't give a goddamn if she froze his hand clean off- she was not going to continue her yowling. "When ya learn to behave yourself, you earn your freedom," He grumbled at her, his voice worn thin. He could feel her thin body struggle for a short while, before going limp. Heaving a sigh, his icy fist crunched open and let her drop as shards of ice and snow cracked and fell off his scaled hands. He didn't give it a passing glance as his broken gaze sullenly stared ahead under his heavy brows.

As they approached the shelter, a human had come into view; a slender young woman, with dark long hair. It seemed the others inherently trusted her, for they entered the shelter without delay. His heavy feet halted as his critical gaze searched their surroundings. Finding nothing out of the ordinary he slowly made his way in, his steely gaze eyeing the human up and down before nodding and ducking into the structure. He vaguely acknowledged the welcoming pokemon, barely feeling the warmth of the room against his long frozen body as large chunks of snow fell off his armored limbs. He glanced down at the weasel, who was clearly sulking but had a subtle shiver to her. A pang of guilt slid across his heart for treating her as he did, but he quickly shoved it away.

Did any of it matter anymore? Whether they would die by the cold, one of these vibrant personalities or by the humans' treachery, it made little sense to fight it. All he wanted to do was sleep.
    "I thought we'd never stop walking!" The chipper yellow fox proclaimed as she seemed to slump into the ground.
    Ignoring the others, he found himself a wall and let his legs fall out from under him as he slid down. A groan escaped him as his screaming limbs finally let him know their pain. His mind was a blur, as was his vision. Every bone felt like it was on fire. His eyes were sunken in his skull and his weatherbeaten face was frost-laden and shades of deep blue.

"Hello! What are your names?" The fox chirped again, full of energy. The Nidoking ignored her, not really catching anything the others were saying. Out of everyone they had found since the caverns, he hadn't forgotten any of them...but there were just too many names of the long gone slashing around in his head, attacking him every time he closed his eyes. The beast let out a wheezing breath as he stared emptily at the ground.
    Pain seemed to be his one and only friend since the world died, and there was no changing that. Everyone else was just...a liability, intent on making that pain worse. And the only one left that he thought would be the exception turned out to be the rule. So really, what else was there for him to do? Slumping forward, his eyes slid shut as exhaustion overcame him. He couldn't pretend anymore. He wasn't strong. He just wasn't. He had no one to be strong for. And now it was all just gone, and he had nothing.

Crossing one arm over himself, he covered his face with the other. He was passed the point of shivering, but that didn't make the cold any more bearable. Pulling his legs up, he cringed against the deep-seated chill and curled into himself.

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:33 pm

Post 120||Post 3

Snowpoint Outskirts||Night

Raiden, as he had just introduced himself, strode forward a little to close the short gap between them as Dante had begun to lose his hold on his emotions again. "Shhh, hush now." The strange way he was almost cooing at Dante came as a shock, to say the least, especially when compared to the venomous way he'd first spoken to him not an hour ago. It was... like a mother shushing her child. His gut churned a little at the visual. "There is time for that later. I will admit I allowed my feelings of our shared past to color my apparently new first impression and I apologize, but for now you've had a trying enough day without this painful conversation hanging over you. Get some rest, I will be here in the morning if you still wish to talk. Alright?"

Well... that made sense, at least? Even if Dante's skin was crawling-- and not from the cold. "I... yeah... Tomorrow would... be better." The day had been too damn long. Maybe he'd get lucky and forget it all tomorrow; he could do with that. "Let's get inside, then."

He walked into the shelter, grateful to have his feet on something other than snow. Tiredly, he gave a small nod to the others and noticed the large purple one -Strix, right?- already passed out with his arm over his face. Yeah, that looked like a great idea. With a sigh, he plopped down in a corner away from the others, still a little too uncomfortable with the day's events to place himself in the group. He curled a little at first, then disregarded any sort of restraint and spread out. He was too damn tired to be polite anymore.

Fuck it.

"I'm certain we could find something in town once the sun is up, but as for what town this is? I honestly couldn't say." Ellie frowned at the admittance; damn. Weren't grown-ups supposed to just... magically know everything? What was the point of adulting if she wasn't going to be omniscient one day? "This whole region is a bit of a mystery to me. This is actually the first I've ever even seen snow outside of a Pokemon battle. I grew up in a desert region."

The news surprised her a little. "Really?" she blurted out, though she had no reason to be indignant. Now that she considered it, had she even seen snow -real snow- outside of battle? She sighed and shrugged. "Well, you've got plenty now," Ellie replied with a wide grin. "Was it everything you thought it would be? I think it's pretty nice when it's not constantly trying to murder you."

[[Time skip next round, y'all~]]

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:27 pm

Snowpoint Outskirts || Night
    Pachi 35 || Glalie 35

”I'm Valhalla,” the Froslass was the first to respond, motioning her greeting to everyone. Pachi's forepaws worked against the floor, her claws clacking noisily. ”Name's Ma. Just Ma, though, it's not short for anything.” The Weavile from earlier followed up, and Valhalla continued, ”You might not have seen him, but the Abomasnow outside is Yeti, and the Glaceon is Borealis.” She had seen the Glaceon but an Abomasnow? Those are the fluffy snow tree people, right? She hadn't noticed any strange trees outside though, to be honest, she didn't really pay attention to anything past the sight of the building. Regardless, it was good to know someone was looking out for danger.

"My name is Pachirisu," She barked a bit too loudly before motioning to the Glaceon beside her. "And this is Glalie." The ice type curled his tail upward in acknowledgement then let it hit the floor once more, saying nothing. Grinning with her maw ajar Pachi swept her head around to face the others as they gave their introductions. Instead of quiet voices she finds everyone collapsing, energy spent, and keeping to themselves. The remaining hounds had padded inside and Strix had already curled in on himself. Each had found their own place in the room and kept a distance from the Pokemon they had just marched with. Just like a collection of strangers.

As if a cold rush of air had hit her face the Jolteon was suddenly aware of the rooms lack of energy and felt herself freeze. She was the only one buzzing, the only one shaking off the cold like a shed skin and making the most of things. Her green gaze shifted between Candice and her Pokemon and she gave a hasty, "Thank you for the shelter." Taking in a deep breath Jolteon forced herself to calm down. No one was in the mood to really talk and the last thing she wanted to cause anymore bickering. Nudging Glalie's flank with her nose she hoped for some soft words but only received a brush of his tail across her shoulder. Such a response was not unusual for him but it certainly didn't help. Trying hard not to whimper she placed her head on the floor. She could not understand these Pokemon but, if it was quiet they wanted, she could at least oblique to that.

With the Jolteon finally silent Glalie could breathe with relief. Letting his jaw fall upon his paws he peered out toward the window with narrow eyes. There was an Abomasnow? It was a bit unnerving to know they were being watched but the fact he still couldn't see the thing did not help. Even if it was Candice's Pokemon she had said nothing, and the feeling unwelcome had crept through his fur. If for some ungodly reason someone tried to leave during the night would it do something? No. She extended the shelter to us. We are.. guests, for now. He tried to reassure himself but it was of little use.

We shouldn't stay here long. A large group offered safety but in such a harsh environment any attention they attracted would be bad news. Were the 'reavers' still lurking about? The city was closer now and, while its supplies were probably long since spent, they could probably find somewhere else to stay. Would Dante move them all in the morning, or would the group fizzle apart? Things were not well between these 'mons but if they-

The Glaceon grunted, slamming his eyes shut. His thoughts had been racing since he sat down. Relax already. Whatever happened in the morning.. he needed rest to prepare for it. Still, daylight would come too soon.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:01 pm

(skip me please. With everyone else getting some rest, Ma follows suit and eventually Candice as well, with Valhalla keeping watch for her.)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:18 am

Snowpoint (Candice's Hideout)||Night
    R - 35||A - 37

"I... yeah... Tomorrow would... be better."

Raiden nodded slowly at Dante's tired affirmation, the hound already beginning to turn towards the door. "Let's get inside, then." He followed his new "companion" inside but paused briefly to try and shake the snow from his body before crossing the threshold. It was only polite. As he made his way into the warmer domicile the Manectric couldn't help but feel himself relax at the sight of Strix already dozing on the far wall, glad there wouldn't be another argument for him having spent time alone with Dante without the Defender of Hypocrites at his side.

As Raiden pushed the door closed behind him Dante moved off and isolated himself into a corner quickly. Within moments he gave up trying to keep a protected fetal position and instead stretching out gracelessly into whatever position his body could find comfortable. Raiden felt his pain, in that regard. His entire body ached and protested from the arduous week and the bitter cold and he couldn't wait for the warmth to seep in and relieve him of the tension.

His gaze eventually found their human host and Raiden felt a small blossom of warmth at the knowledge that at least some of their race had survived. He offered a small smile and a nod of his head in thanks to the Gym Leader, giving each of her visible pokemon a polite nod as well, before lightly padding his way over to prop himself against a bookshelf and lay down. He would introduce himself properly in the morning but for now his body was too weary. His eyelids were so heavy and as the heat of the room began to cradle him he found that he could no longer bear their weight and let them slide closed. Within moments the canine was fast asleep.

Ardere couldn't help but lightly chuckle at Ellie's sudden outburst from the Houndoom mentioning her lack of ever seeing snow, and the chuckle became a laugh as the Sylveon visibly started pondering the revelation with some inner monologue she could only guess at. The child was such a delight to have around, a bright beacon of hope in this rather cold and distant darkness. "Well, you've got plenty now," Ellie chirped happily, grinning like a cheshire cat. "Was it everything you thought it would be? I think it's pretty nice when it's not constantly trying to murder you."

"Sitting here like this, with a friend at my side, and watching it swirl and dance outside, yes. Yes it is everything I thought it would be. And I can only imagine it will be better once the sun comes up and we can see the light reflecting off of every tiny speck of crystalline ice decorating the ground." She wrapped her tail lazily around the back of her companion and pulled the torn blanket Ellie had found over the smaller canine. "I'll keep you warm tonight. Just try to get some rest little one." They both needed to try and get some sleep or neither one of them would be any good tomorrow.

As she began to drift off the last thought to cross her mind was that at least in the morning they would also be able to see any tracks of creatures that could be hunting them. Yes. Snow was a wonderful thing when it wasn't trying to kill you.
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:24 pm

(Welp, I tried of thinking of something but no dice.
    Skip me plz)

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:10 am

Post 121||Post 3

Snowpoint Outskirts||Early Morning

[[Skipping Ellie]]

Faces.

Nothing but faces... and blood.

Why was there so much blood?

Screaming bombarded him, teeth and claws cut him. A faceless skull, chittering and shrieking. Red eyes. So many red eyes. Snow beneath his feet and then suddenly, a sickening crunch. Pink beneath the snow. Legends above, what the fuck were these things?

Though Dante didn't know them, they certainly knew him. Blurs of color, but mostly red, danced in his dreams, voices shouting at him, calling for him, pleading... The stench of spilled blood choked him. He was suddenly drowning in it as thousands of pairs of eyes suddenly opened and focused on him, even in the blood that pulled him down and on his very skin. Hands, paws, jaws all stretched the shadows the eyes adorned toward him-- he couldn't tell whether it was to grab him or push him further down into the crimson abyss.

Down, down, he sunk. The voices grew louder, the eyes on his skin throbbed with pain, and no amount of thrashing pulled him from the pool of blood. Quietly, it claimed him even as the shrieking around him grew louder and louder. He only woke as the blood dipped into his mouth--

Dante sat up straight, his chest heaving as the feeling of blood trailing down his throat continued to alarm his senses. He coughed and frantically got to his feet, causing himself to clumsily careen into the wall. They were still screaming in his ears, the hot blood still seared his skin. He didn't even realize he was nearly whimpering with each panicked breath. All he could tell was that he was somewhere dark, somewhere confined. He couldn't have that now. Couldn't.

Where was the exit? How did he get out? Completely and utterly distraught, he practically flung himself to the other side of the room, accidentally stumbling on a large purple, spiny thing. As he looked down, he saw the skewed face of one of the flashes in his visions. It howled and bellowed at him, tusks lowered and positioned to gore him. Claws outstretched, intended to rip him apart. "NO!" Dante wailed, thoroughly consumed with fear. His legs pushed him away and into what happened to be the door.

He fell through the gateway into the sharp chill of the snow, the sudden change in temperature a small ease to his panic. Snow. Not hot, thick blood. Panting, he looked down to see his legs mostly covered in the stuff and not covered in other people's eyes. But instead of relief, dread further filled him. The crunch. The crunch beneath the snow... Pink...

As Dante stood, his eyes went to a hill he barely could see in the distance. There was something there. She was buried there, beneath the snow. He'd stepped on her. He couldn't name her, couldn't picture her face or species, but he knew she was there...

Before he knew it, he was running. His long, powerful legs moved him over the tranquil snow with ease. He paid no attention to anyone behind him or around him-- he had to run. Had to get there, to that hill. He had to see if the pink was still there, had to know that even a fraction of the terror he'd just experienced was real.

He knew the spot. Knew it like a piece of himself. Abruptly, he came to a halt and started clawing at the frigid snow, unaware of not only his surroundings, but the fact that he was weeping as he dug.

[[It's all right if anyone skips for lack of a post; I'd rather no one but Raiden chase him.]]

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:36 pm

(Skip; they'll wake up next round.)
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:06 pm

(skip)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:51 am

Snowpoint (Candice's Hideout)||Early Morning
    R - 36||A - 37
    ((Skipping Ardere)

Raiden's sleep was minimal, at best. After succumbing to its welcoming embrace he found himself wide awake a mere couple of hours after, glowering into the darkness of their hideaway and demanding his brain to allow him rest. But it seemed his mind and body thought the meager nap plentiful enough and even the pangs of morning hunger began to keep him awake. He sighed fitfully and rolled over so that he was upright, laying on his belly and surveying the room. Everyone was still asleep it seemed, like he should be, but the soft gray of light outside was marking the beginning of sunrise. Perhaps they would all awaken soon then and he could inquire about sustenance. Or he could slip out and go hunting while they rested.

A sudden racket caught his attention as Dante erupted awake, panicked and panting as he scrambled to his feet. The Manectric began to as what was wrong but in whatever nightmare-fueled daze he was in Dante began running around the shack, even going so far as to trip over Strix. "NO!" What the hell was wrong with him?! Raiden was on his feet in seconds as Dante bolted for the door, throwing it open with his weight and tumbling outside. He didn't bother to check on the others before giving chase, hoping to keep Dante from waking a town of undead to come down upon them.

Dante's strange new form was much faster than Raiden remembered the Houndoom form being, his legs easily carrying him over the snow to the edges of the city once more. While he was grateful for the coming rays of the sun to help him track the black hound across the frozen tundra he still cursed his luck that the snow had not quite stopped. Raiden tried calling out for him but either the hound couldn't hear him or the winds carried his voice away, but still he followed. Through the snow and over hills they ran until the skeletal hound came to an abrupt halt, muttering to himself and digging into the snow at a maddening pace. He was sure that Dante would cut open his paws going at the frozen ground in such a way, and where would that leave them?

"Dante..." he called out as he approached, slowing himself and keeping a fair distance in case the frenzied male decided to attack him for following. "Dante what are you doing? Stop this madness before you hurt yourself."
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:28 pm

Candices' Hideout | Early Morning | 87 | 41

The small sneasel startled out of her restless sleep as frantic whimpers and panting woke her. She leaped to her feet, her fur bristling as she cursed herself for sleeping on the ground and not someplace high. In the darkness her groggy vision didn't see much; only white stripes leaping towards them before she had a chance to cry out. The black and brown body nearly crushed her as it fell atop them, pinning her with its' arm.
    The nidoking seemed to leap out of his skin next to her, half-snarling at whatever had fallen onto him, but froze as his gaze met with the hounds'.
    "Dant-" She began as she struggled in vain to get his heavy arm off of her chest. "NO!" He let out a terrified bellow right into Strix' face and pushed himself off of him like he was Darkrai himself, ready to take his very soul away. The behemoth grunted as the massive hounds' weight launched right off of him, his face wrought with bewilderment and his eyes wide with fear. His large head whipped to look around the room, but found no threat to instigate such an intense reaction. His gaze locked onto the hounds' frame as he stood in the doorway and stared at the ground at his feet in horror.
    Gasping in painful bursts, Rune padded up to the side of the crouching nidoking. "What in all hell is wrong wi-" She began to snarl at the panting figure, but quickly stopped as he bounded off wildly, Raiden bolting up quickly in pursuit. Hissing, she crouched to run after them but the sudden large arm that struck out before her stopped her in her tracks. "Strix! We gotta g-...." She began in anger, but fell silent as she gazed up at his face. Her expression softened as she saw what could only be horror in his eyes- but not 'my friend just screamed in my face' kind of horror. The kind that slowly creeps up on you before it guts you and hollows you out. The kind that saturated her entire being while she was still imprisoned in her parents' 'care.'

"...Hey..."
    She murmured, gently putting a paw on his armored leg. He remained unmoving, still staring into the empty space where Dante had been standing. "Strix...are you okay?..." She said in uncertainty, her brow furrowing with concern. She had never seen him this way before; so...traumatized. Hell, nothing seemed to phase the wall of determination and aggression that was the horned beast, not even suffocating on his own blood. So why this?...Her face scrunched up in confusion as the scene ran through her mind again.

It didn't make no sense.

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 am

Post 122||Post 3

[[skipping Ellie again]]

Pink. Where was it? It... it had to be here-- "Dante what are you doing? Stop this madness before you hurt yourself."

The Houndemn whirled around, his breathing hitched and labored and eyes glassy with tears to find a quadrupedal shape near him. One of the shadows in his nightmares? A ghost? He jumped away a little bit, fear consuming him, but then his eyes went back to the hole. It was just a ghost, right? He couldn't run from it, from this spot. He had to find the pink. He vigorously shook his head and continued digging, his sobs racking his lungs.

"It's... she's here..." he whimpered, his paws clawing at the frigid snow. "Pink..." But as he delved deeper and deeper, his paw turned up brown and a deep green. Dirt? Grass? But... "No... No, no, no. NO!"

He shoved aside more snow, shoveling it away from the walls of the hole he'd just dug, widening it. She was here. She had to be. This was the spot--! "I stepped on her. I stepped on her. I stepped on her and she crunched! WHERE THE FUCK DID SHE GO?!" His tired limbs collapsed from underneath him, his paws oozing red, leaving him to weep his panicked confusion on the snow. "I..." He looked to the shadow, who he could now clearly tell was Raiden. His face helpless, he succumbed to weeping. "I don't... know what to do... I don't know what I... Oh dear God, what did I do?"

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:00 pm

Acuity Lakefront {Snowpoint Outskirts} | Early Morning
    [10]

It'd been a long time since she'd properly slept through the night. Candice often woke up several times during the night, or simply didn't sleep at all. The time spent in the wilderness rather than in this repurposed building had made a restful sleep near impossible; she needed to be alert for threats that could appear at any moment. There were nights when, out of pure necessity, Candice needed to start a fire to keep warm, and she did not dare left herself fall asleep again. Every time she closed her eyes, a primal fear lurking within her began to stir, reminding the former Gym Leader that she might not wake up again. Tonight, though, she'd only stirred once, and quickly drifted back into her slumber. Was it due to the presence of other Pokemon outside of her small family? There was little reason to suspect anything else.

The night was peaceful...but then...

"Candice! Wake up!"

Her eyes snap open, a mild shock going through her as Candice realized that she was not immediately alert. Even a slight sensation of grogginess was foreign to the woman, and the one moment of surprise somehow threw off her entire reaction time. There was whimpering, the sound of something stumbling around-the Houndoom? Valhalla is next to her, the uncertainty on the Froslass' face plain to see. What is going on? Getting back on her feet, Candice can faintly discern the outline of the Houndoom through the darkness, the canine definitely the source of the distressed sounds. But there is nothing to indicate what set him off, and Candice can think of no other solution than to stop and restrain him before things could spiral out of control.

"NO!"

In a frenzied rush, Dante bursts out the door before Candice can do a thing; a mix of different curses races through her mind. Rushing so blindly outside, he truly must be out of his mind-and in such a state, it's unlikely he's thinking about potentially attracting undead from the fringes of the city, or far worse, from the interior. She cannot allow that to happen. No, no matter their state of mind, Candice will not let anyone bring down danger upon her, or her Pokemon, or the rest of this group that she had offered her help to.
    "Ma!" she calls, intending to send the Weavile ahead of her to keep the Houndoom from running straight to his death, but the Manectric is already out the door. Without her gear on, Candice cannot hope to follow as quickly as he had. Now she is left with a dilemma; send one of her own Pokemon out there as well, or trust in the Electric-type to bring back Dante. Maybe "trust" is too strong of a word for someone she knows nothing of, but for now, it would do. Though she knows her Pokemon can handle themselves, she has no desire for them to go anywhere near Snowpoint without her there with them. With the Houndoom being both unstable, and having a type advantage...no way in hell. Her Pokemon mean more to her than a stranger.

"Candice? Do you want me to go after him too?" Ma asks, the Weavile nervously glancing at the rest of the Pokemon in the room. She really doesn't like the look on the Nidoking's face...just what was the relationship between him and Dante?

"Leave them," Candice responds immediately, her voice more of a low growl than anything else. Had she acted sooner and kept the Houndoom from leaving, this would not be a problem. It seemed that history wanted to repeat itself here, near her city; a sickening feeling lingers in her gut. It was as if, just like all those years ago, the people here would all run off, or die, or otherwise be beyond her own help. Had it been a mistake to reach out and allow them shelter here? Grabbing her parka and boots, Candice stamped the thoughts out of her mind. There was no time for frivolous mental wanderings. The woman that allowed the people under her protection to perish did not exist anymore, and this was not the same situation. Stop thinking about it. "They'll find their way back. We don't need to go running about aimlessly."

"But-"
    "No. I'm not risking you going out there again." Candice opened the door again, seeing that the snow had not stopped. The winds had not either, and they bit at the exposed skin on her face. This was no surprise. Snowpoint had never liked letting up with this weather, no matter the time of year. She turned back to the other Pokemon there, the Eeveelution pair and the Nidoking with the little Sneasel. "If any of you want to follow your friends, go ahead. I won't stop you from doing so." Candice then tugged her face mask back up, stepping outside to await the return of the two canines. If they returned, that is. Should that situation arise, she would deal with it then.

(her image is all weird-looking now?? but this laptop is too slow to properly fix it for this post. I am sorry :/)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:29 am

Snowpoint||Early Morning
    R - 37||A - 37
    ((Skipping Ardere)

"It's... she's here..."

Dante ignored him, too lost in his hysteria to comprehend the danger he was posing to himself. Raiden chanced getting closer to the other male as he continued to dig deeper and deeper into the frozen earth, moving to avoid the occasional sling of dirt or stone. In his mind he was searching for something specific, something 'pink', and Raiden wished he had stalked a little sooner so that he might be aware of what it was the frantic hound searched for. The only pink he could recall was...Hera.

"I stepped on her. I stepped on her. I stepped on her and she crunched! WHERE THE FUCK DID SHE GO?!" The pained expression, the panic, it made more sense now. This was Dante struggling between his memory and a dream, trying to find the truth of either. The smell of blood hit Raiden's nose hard enough to leave a bitter taste in his throat, the metallic heat incredibly obvious in the cold, wet snow. Dante had injured himself just as he had warned, but only collapsed once his mind finally let go of the delusions of finding something buried beneath the ice. "I..." Dante's head turned back towards him, and since he was much closer it seemed recognition finally hit him. Sort of. "I don't... know what to do... I don't know what I... Oh dear God, what did I do?"

"I'm not sure," Raiden said calmly, voice low and soft to keep Dante from rising into another panic. "This pink female you are searching for, it could very well be someone we both once knew. An Espeon named Hera. When I last left you she was still alive but something may have happened to her in the short time since then. This is a brutal world, and many of us have turned brutal in return." He lay down beside the weary and injured hound to wait for him to recover from his sobs, alert for any other creature that could possibly detect his fresh blood and seek a meal. When he felt Dante was calm enough he began to speak again, hoping to give them both some clarity. "Tell me what you think you saw, perhaps we can figure it out together without further harm coming to you."
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:24 am

Post 123||Post 4

"I'm not sure," came Raiden's low words, meant to soothe Dante's frayed mind. Little good it did as the latter's heart still pounded and raced in his chest. "This pink female you are searching for, it could very well be someone we both once knew. An Espeon named Hera. When I last left you she was still alive but something may have happened to her in the short time since then. This is a brutal world, and many of us have turned brutal in return." Espeon? "Hera"? Dante's mind flashed an image of the scarred Espeon that he'd met not a day prior, her face staring up at him in horror and shame. Had there also been recognition in her one good eye as the fear gripped her? Had "Hera" been the name she had given him?

He couldn't remember anymore. Not as the nightmarish visions still haunted him-- visions that could hold truth in their terrifying claws."Tell me what you think you saw, perhaps we can figure it out together without further harm coming to you."

Dante's breathing slowed, the ache in his paws beginning to make itself known as he calmed. Where could he even begin? There were too many fragments to pluck, too many shards to try and piece together. Even as he lay in the snow, they slipped from memory and back into oblivion, leaving only echoes of their existence. The only thing he could truly remember was that in which he'd focused: the pink crunching beneath his paws. And even then...

"I... can't... remember much else," he quietly admitted, keeping his gaze on his bleeding paws. His voice rose in tandem with his boiling frustrations, tears not yet done falling from his eyes. "It's all... fucked up. Just... bits and... tiny nothings that I don't even fucking know if they're real." Had he put her under the ice? She wasn't there, but maybe he'd gotten the spot wrong. Somehow. Even the details that had led him to this very hill were fading, taunting him as he tried to put the waning images into words. "It's just... It's all... gone again...!" Despite his slashed feet he stood, thrashing his head in a vain, fruitless bid to set his mind back in order. "Fucking... Christ!"

There was nowhere else for his frustrations to go. Any glimpse of his past was now lost again, just as it had been yesterday. His fury reaching an apex, Dante unleashed a stream of white hot flame, the hellish pillar cutting deep into the snow and dirt where he had so frantically dug minutes ago. What was he going to do? Was this going to be his life-- his past haunting him nightly?

Not far from the hill, Ellie had been roused by the unabashed shouting. Though she was warm and comfortable in the gentle, parental embrace Miss Ardere provided, her ears twitched in anticipation. The voice that carried over the long howl of the blizzard was deep and angry. What should she do? She had little power-- there was likely not a way for her to fight whatever was yelling. So they might need to flee...

Careful not to wake her companion prematurely, she slipped out from under the blanket and silently slinked to the door. She immediately regretted abandoning her little cocoon of warm safety, but she knew this was too important to simply ignore. It didn't take long to spot two figures on the nearby rise through the holes in the door, especially when they illuminated themselves with an alarming column of flame. The gasp that took itself from her lungs was lost in the storm. She didn't want to find out if they were friendly or not; now was the time to leave.

She quickly made her way back to Miss Ardere, nudging her with rapid nudges of her small snout. "Miss...!" she whimpered, valiantly attempting -and failing- to keep the fear from coloring her words. "Miss Ardere, there's someone here. On the hill-- they're huge and I think we need to go..."

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:09 pm

Snowpoint Outskirts || Early Morning
    Pachi 36 || Glalie 36

Well, today wasn't starting any better. Between Dante's whines and stumbling, and him charging out of the place with Raiden hard on his heels it was impossible for Glalie to remain asleep. He, along with everyone else it seemed, awoke harshly to the new day. "Leave them," Candice spoke quickly to her Pokemon, her voice coming in muffled. "They'll find their way back. We don't need to go running about aimlessly." Running about, find their way back? Is there danger? Rubbing a paw over his eyes the Glaceon tried to push the grogginess aside. She was making it sound like they just stormed out for no reason. Had something happened?

Struggling his way onto his paws the Glaceon stood and shook the sleep from his pelt. Sniffing, he didn't smell anything unusual, and only a few things seemed strewn about the shelter. Maybe they heard something? But.. it was quiet. Candice was still speaking with her Pokemon but there was a lack of clawing, screaming, or fighting ringing in his ears. Did they chase it off? Turning to Pach he wondered if the Jolteon had caught more than him when he noticed she was on her back, legs bend and paws twitching lazily. Her tongue lolled to the side on her stupid, grinning face and a soft snore whistled from her snout. Disbelief sinks deeply upon Glalie's maw, his claws scraping the floor. She slept, through all that? She could sleep through a tornado if she wanted..

With an exasperated sigh he nudging her roughly in the side until her head rolled and she groaned, "W'okay I'm uuuup.." Her legs flew to the side, kicking the Glaceon harshly in the ribs as she made her way into a standing position. He gave a sharp yelp and jumped back a step but her sleepy face and still closed eyes took no notice. "Morn-" she started, but cut herself off with a massive yawn. Great. She either needed a sack of rocks dropped on her head or a few minutes to wake up, and he didn't have the former. With a hard roll of his eyes the Glaceon padded toward the door, taking care to keep his distance from the Nidoking. The snow outside seemed to stretch onward forever, a bluish color in the early morning light. I don't see any blood. There were deep paw prints from the charging hounds but no splatters or clumps of fur. Had there really been no danger?

That makes no sense.. Turning away from the door Glalie padded past the Jolteon and gave the room another sniff. Unless... they're fighting again? No, no more of that. He couldn't sit through another session of accusations that didn't even matter. "If any of you want to follow your friends, go ahead. I won't stop you from doing so." Glalie's eyes lock onto the girl for a few moments, surprised. If they were fighting again, was she trying to lure it away from their shelter? Or was the effort to keep the others inside too great? "Glalie?" The Jolteon asks, her eyes a bit brighter and alert. "What's going on?" For a few more seconds his keeps his eyes on the human girl. If Strix and Raiden were so hellbent on getting the truth.. then he had no part in their squabbling. For all they knew someone could end up dead and he'd rather not that be himself. Looking Pachi firmly in the eyes he uttered, "We're heading out." The Jolteon stared him down, reading the unspoken words. We're moving on.

"Oh," falls from her jaws, not expecting that at all. Things had been okay when she went to sleep! A disappointed frown hardens her face. Well.. he's the whole reason were here. If he wanted to continue on then who was she to argue? Taking in a deep breath the Jolteon took a step closer to Candice and spoke with an awkward smile. "We uh," she started, not really sure what to say. "We actually were going to the great lake but we kinda got.. caught up in everything. Guess we gotta, double back heh.." She scuffed one of her paws against the floor. "Thank you sooo much for the shelter. We really appreciate it! But, we need to head out."

Giving the lady a bow Pachi turned and padded slowly outside. Glalie was quick to follow but stopped at the door. Looking back at Candice the Glaceon nodded, "Tell Dante thank you, and good luck." Then, he too walked out and the pair raced off toward the trees.

(This is a leaving post! It's been lots of fun but these guys just don't belong here and I've been struggling with them so much. Even the leaving post was difficult >.< Thank you for having me, and if I ever come back it'll definitely be with someone more appropriate.)
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:21 pm

Snowpoint Outskirts | Early Morning
    [11]

"We're heading out." Candice looks over at the Glaceon, mulling over the exclamation. Their group can't have been very close-knit if this is enough to spur the Eeveelutions to leave; had they come with the others purely for the promise of shelter? Well, if they want to leave, it's none of her business telling them otherwise. The only issue is that she is steadily losing the strength in numbers she'd been relying on, the very reason she accepted Dante's offer in the first place. But Candice knows fully well she cannot force them to stay, and so she says nothing.

"Oh." Apparently the decision doesn't settle right with the Glaceon's companion, but she doesn't protest. The Jolteon approaches Candice with a smile that screamed "uncomfortable." Yes, goodbyes could be awkward, if one cared enough of what people thought of them. None of them had known each other long, so Candice can't say she's seeing this goodbye in anything other than a neutral light. "We uh, we actually were going to the great lake but we kinda got.. caught up in everything. Guess we gotta, double back heh.."

"I see."

"Thank you sooo much for the shelter. We really appreciate it! But, we need to head out." The Eeveelution gave a polite bow and began to head out, her Ice-type companion following close behind; he and Candice exchange nods. Really, the gesture seems to be the universal language of the quiet types. "Tell Dante thank you, and good luck."

"Good luck on your travels," Candice says to the pair as they leave, watching until they can no longer be seen among the trees. She has no idea if Dante will be in any right mind to hear about the Glaceon's thanks if the Manectric brings him back, but still...well, Candice supposes it wouldn't hurt to let him know what the Glaceon had said. Maybe he could use the positivity.

(rip I tried to write something, I didn't want to skip again)

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Snowpoint||Early Morning
    Both - 38

"I... can't... remember much else." Dante's voice was hollow, empty save for the pain and frustration behind his eyes. Raiden watched as the hound began to once again break down and was determined to try and cut this one shorter than the last. They were too close to having something notice they were out here, Dante's dark fur and his own brilliant hues standing out in stark contrast against the pale white of the winter storm. "It's all... fucked up. Just... bits and... tiny nothings that I don't even fucking know if they're real."

"Dante, you need to calm down. Control yourself before we-"

"It's just... It's all... gone again...! Fucking... Christ!" As the dark hound paced his frustrations only grew deeper until in manifested itself into a searing hot stream of fire unleashed upon the snowy cloak over the ground. Raiden jumped out of the way in time and had to bite back a growl as he began to scold his companion. "Dante! Something is going to hear and/or see you if you don't try and calm down! Please, Dante, I understand that you are upset given your current situation but you can't help yourself or anyone else if you get eaten. Calm. Down."

It was much quieter back at the warehouse, at least from Ardere's perspective, as she still remained in the blissful realms of sleep. Since meeting Ellie her nightmares had greatly lessened and many times she was actually able to sleep through the night now, an accomplishment which the Houndoom truly cherished. "Miss...!" The hissing sound of Ellie's anxious voice cut through her slumber, however, and the dark canine slowly opened her eyes to see her Sylveon friend near tears from panic. "Ellie....what's wrong-"

"Miss Ardere, there's someone here. On the hill-- they're huge and I think we need to go..."

Ardere was up in a flash, scrambling to her feet and moving towards the open siding of the warehouse to peer outside. She could see two figures on a hill, one dark and one bright, and felt a grip of fear wrap around her heart. She immediately went back to Ellie and started gathering her egg in its usual tie, slipping the cloth over her neck and foreleg and shaking until it settled nicely on her sternum. "Let's go dearie, I don't know what those two things are but I'd rather not find out. We'll try and find another exit on the other side of the building so we don't have to walk out right into their field of vision. Follow me."
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:53 am

(I was going to write something up, but I don't want to screw with the timeline for next round any, so skip plz. I'll make up for the lost time next post, I hope lol)

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:56 pm

Post 124||Post 5

"Dante! Something is going to hear and/or see you if you don't try and calm down! Please, Dante, I understand that you are upset given your current situation but you can't help yourself or anyone else if you get eaten. Calm. Down."

The stream of fire exhausted itself, sputtering out into coughs as Dante ran out of breath. For a moment, he stood there in the snow panting, his mind still reeling. "How? How can I stay calm when all of those memories just slip away again? Is this... is this what I'm going to have to put up with for the rest of my life?" He turned from the charred, blackened pit he'd just created to face the old warehouse that lay at the foot of the hill they were currently perched on. "...Just... always on the cusp of remembering and dealing with it falling away, day in and day out?"

He hung his head as the wind shifted toward them, shuddering at the bitter bite the gales possessed. However, it brought something with it; a... a scent? He lifted his head out of his despair and sniffed, unsure if his senses had been tricked by the cold. Despite his uncertainty, there it was: two female scents. One was even a... wait, what the fuck...? "You smell that?" he asked in a low voice to Raiden. Without really waiting for an answer, Dante moved, his focus fixated on the warehouse.

Whatever those scents were, they were alive.

"Let's go dearie, I don't know what those two things are but I'd rather not find out. We'll try and find another exit on the other side of the building so we don't have to walk out right into their field of vision. Follow me." Ellie nodded and followed her Houndoom companion, eager to get out of the warehouse.

However, as they trotted away, the door creaked and revealed a giant looming in the threshold. "Uh... Hello?" it -he- called, causing Ellie to gasp a little. "Hey, it's all right, I just... I smelled someone nearby. I'm uh, I'm... Dante. Nice to... uh... meet you?" Oh God, he was terrible at this. Just terrible.

[[LOL I lied. I'm a liar. I'm so sorry, y'all. Skipping is fine until we get the group back together.]]

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:33 am