Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

4 posters

The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT)

Lance
    Lance
    Resistance
    Resistance

The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT) - Page 6 Empty Re: The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT)

Post by Lance Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:01 am

The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT) - Page 6 Lance_zpsyyjslvgv

Fallarbor Town||Late Afternoon
    (50)

"It's fine," Sara-Anne soothed, earning a pleased rumble from the giant dinosaur. He hadn't massed up, thank goodness! "We're not trying to sneak around. Just trying to be polite while our host talks to his people by not interrupting them." Oh, well that made sense. It was good that she was smart-- Dinadan wasn't the most experienced of pokemon when it came to social interactions with complete strangers.

They didn't have to wait long for Chris to show again, however, and for a moment, both humans looked a little uncomfortable. Dinadan imagined it was because of traveling alone for so long-- he could certainly relate. "Oh-hey. Is everything alright?" Dinadan looked down to the human beside him and felt his heart go out to the small trainers. They looked so nervous. If only there was something he could do to help...

However, a new voice spoke before Sara-Anne plucked enough courage to answer, the bitterness immediately drawing the dragon's attention and growing ire. "You know, an ambush works better when your prey can't see through walls."

"Alistair!"

He couldn't see the owner of the voice that scolded this "Alistair", but her words came too late. One look at Sara-Anne showed that the damage had already been done. "I- I-"

"Chill, kitten," the little monkey shot back, which... made things worse? What was happening? "S'not an ambush. We just came to see our host and didn't wanna interrupt whatever conversation he was having, that's all."

"We were being polite," Dinadan confirmed, glowering down at the haughty lion. He heaved a loud, sharp snort through his nostrils, punctuating his words as he rose back up to his normal height. Stupid jerk.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:33 pm

The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT) - Page 6 Tumblr_nn1i5iDnBa1s5iyovo1_r1_400

Fallarbor Town | Late Afternoon
    {13}

Sara-Anne's smile and wave is reminiscent of his own nervous tendencies, and suddenly, Chris doesn't feel much like a deer in the headlights. It's nice that someone else is just as socially awkward as he is. However, before she can speak, Chris feels Atlas brush up against him and looks to his side, seeing that Alistair has approached. Chris' heart drops six-thousand feet below the ground when he spots the look on the feline's face. What did he-?

"You know, an ambush works better when your prey can't see through walls."

"W-what?" An ambush? Oh no no this isn't good. Chris knew he'd made a mistake as soon as he realized he hadn't said a word about his other guests, and now this is happening. Fuck. Why did his anxiety always have to be so right about everything? Now Alistair will be pissed at him and pissed off at Sara-Anne and her companions, making everything crash down around him. Damn it. If Chris could actually kick himself and make it hurt, he would. Damn it, why did he have to be so stupid?

"Alistair!" Well, at least Kaeli is kind of on his side? Her protest isn't enough, though; Sara-Anne looks petrified, and Chris is struggling to come up with the right thing to say to defuse the tension. He might recognize the look on her face, and even if his gut feeling isn't correct, something is still wrong.

"Chill, kitten." Chris instinctively reaches to adjust his translator's earpiece as Sara-Anne's Chimchar speaks. His trainer isn't looking any better, and Chris doesn't think calling Alistair "kitten" is going to help anyone. Oh God, don't let this devolve into some kind of fight. Alistair wouldn't try fighting with an injured Kaeli so close by, right? Maybe that'd just make him fight harder. God, Chris doesn't know, he doesn't want to find out. "S'not an ambush.  We just came to see our host and didn't wanna interrupt whatever conversation he was having, that's all."

"We were being polite," the dinosaur with Sara-Anne asserts, Chris despairing even further as he glares down at Alistair and stands back up completely. This isn't good, not good at all. He looks down to see Atlas, the typically-laidback Vaporeon far too tense, as though ready to spring into action at any moment. But Chris doesn't want anybody here getting hurt; hell, he doesn't even like the idea of an argument.

"Please don't fight," Chris pleads, finally finding the courage to speak up. He doesn't want everything to go up in flames when he's literally just met everyone here, not when this is the first time in years he's seen other people and Pokemon. I made a promise. It's a mercy that Azelf can't see him now, and how he's already making a mess out of everything.

"I know this is my fault," Chris speaks to Alistair, knowing the feline was right to be suspicious when his mate was hurt and strangers were all too close. "I was stupid, and didn't tell you about them being here. All of you arrived here on the exact same day, and I'm not used to having guests, and-and my memory just really sucks. I should have told you earlier...I'm sorry."

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:36 am

The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT) - Page 6 Jonniduo_zps12b93fad
    Route 114 (Fossil House) | Late Afternoon
    23 - Both

"Chill, kitten." Alistair stairs incredulously at the tiny primate clinging to his master’s back, the female too stunned to move. Good. She should be for trying to sneak up on them like that. "S'not an ambush.  We just came to see our host and didn't wanna interrupt whatever conversation he was having, that's all." Alistair glared at the cheeky monkey for a moment but had to draw his gaze to the much larger potential threat that stood alongside them.

"We were being polite," it all but growled down at him. “Yeah, real polite,” Alistair hissed in response. “I always try to remember my manners when lurking outside of a house deciding whether or not to eat the people inside.” Kaeli wanted to smack her mate but the dolt was too far away. Using her tail she curled it around a small rock that lay on the ground nearby and lobbed it at Alistair’s backside. Thankfully the strike worked as intended and the big cat turned around with a pout to question her. “Whaaat? I’m just trying to protect you.”

“Protect me from things that are actually dangerous. You’re scaring Chris and they just told you they know him, or did you not hear that part?” The Luxray thought for a moment as he tried to remember exactly what the fire chimp had said. He mostly ignored it over his desire to protect his injured mate. Had he missed something?

"Please don't fight," Chris looked absolutely wrecked and Alistair felt his resolve crumble. His ears went flat and his head lowered in shame for causing the young man, who had been so generous to them, such anxiety. "I know this is my fault," he continued, making Alistair feel even worse as he spoke. "I was stupid, and didn't tell you about them being here. All of you arrived here on the exact same day, and I'm not used to having guests, and-and my memory just really sucks. I should have told you earlier...I'm sorry."

As the large lion slunk back into the room Kaeli shushed Chris quietly, offering him a gentle smile. “Don’t blame yourself at all Chris. Alistair is the one who started this mess. If we all did just get here then how could you have expected to tell everyone about each other? You didn’t know, so we didn’t know. You can’t blame yourself for not being able to predict the future dear.” As her mate took to her side once more she gave him another smack with her tail as she spoke, never breaking eye contact with her new companions even though Alistair deserved to be scolded. Chris and the poor female, whose name she didn’t know yet, needed to be soothed first.

“Why don’t we have Alistair give you all a formal apology and then we can try starting over fresh. With my injuries I’m going to be stuck here for a bit so I would prefer it if we were all friends over enemies. Would that be acceptable to everyone?”
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:19 pm

The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT) - Page 6 Tumblr_nkwzlfaJjC1s5iyovo1_400
    Fallarbor | Late Afternoon | 52

"We were being polite," Dinadan huffed- or at least, that was probably a huff. Hopefully. Better that than a growl.

“Yeah, real polite,” the lion hissed. Sara-Anne was not shrinking back. Fuck. Is she really so stuck in shock over seeing a Luxray that she hasn't returned to the present yet?

“I always try to remember my manners when lurking outside of a house deciding whether or not to eat the people inside.”

That work. She jolts, stammering useless syllables as Flame's tail flares, issuing a warning growl in his throat. Turns out that he's not the only one angry over the lion's accusations; something clatters to the floor--probably something thrown at the cat that he can't see because his stupid mane is too big--and he turns over his shoulder to look back at whoever is behind him, immediately on the defensive. Like a fucking kid who got caught doing something naughty. “Whaaat? I’m just trying to protect you.”

“Protect me from things that are actually dangerous. You’re scaring Chris and they just told you they know him, or did you not hear that part?”

"Please don't fight," Sara-Anne now turns her focus onto the boy, watching his anxiety start to tear him down. The lion seems to realize his mistake. "I know this is my fault. I was stupid, and didn't tell you about them being here. All of you arrived here on the exact same day, and I'm not used to having guests, and-and my memory just really sucks. I should have told you earlier...I'm sorry."

The Luxray retreats; now they can see the other occupant. A... Persian? No, Persians don't have two tails. “Don’t blame yourself at all Chris. Alistair is the one who started this mess. If we all did just get here then how could you have expected to tell everyone about each other? You didn’t know, so we didn’t know. You can’t blame yourself for not being able to predict the future dear.” She smacks the lion with one of her tails as he draws close. “Why don’t we have Alistair give you all a formal apology and then we can try starting over fresh. With my injuries I’m going to be stuck here for a bit so I would prefer it if we were all friends over enemies. Would that be acceptable to everyone?”

"Y-yeah," she stutters, looking to Chris. "And- and it's- it's okay; you didn't do anything wrong."

"You didn't, kid; promise." The irritated voice from earlier is gone, slipping into something much calmer and more relaxed. She recognizes that voice. It's the one he uses whenever she's upset. "It's fine. We just had a little... misunderstanding."

The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT) - Page 6 RosaChallenge
    oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
    ♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

The FALLARBOR Team (PLOT) - Page 6 280
    Lance
    Lance
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Lance Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:22 am

(Skip me, please. Dinadan has nothing to add.)
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:26 pm

{14}

Chris' heart is still pounding in his chest even when Alistair backs away, a sick feeling creeping through his stomach. God, he hates conflict. It makes his hands go all numb and the urge to start chewing on his nails rise. At the very least, Kaeli has stopped things from going farther than they should have, and he mentally thanks her several times over. Thank the Legends some people-or Pokemon, more accurately-are better than him at handling tension.

“Don’t blame yourself at all Chris. Alistair is the one who started this mess. If we all did just get here then how could you have expected to tell everyone about each other?" Chris doesn't answer, instead looking at the ground sheepishly. It's a logical question (and probably rhetorical), but his anxiety has never been logical. It just...is, even when he knows it's irrational. There's no worse feeling than knowing you're wrong and overreacting, and being unable to rid yourself of the emotions. "You didn’t know, so we didn’t know. You can’t blame yourself for not being able to predict the future dear.”

"Yeah, you're right," Chris admits, even though his mind is still saying that he should have at least mentioned Sara-Anne and the others. Isn't he at least partially at fault? But with the matter already settled, he knows better than to speak up about it, instead letting the far more capable Kaeli continue speaking. Chris can't help but admire her way of keeping a situation under control.

"Why don’t we have Alistair give you all a formal apology and then we can try starting over fresh. With my injuries I’m going to be stuck here for a bit so I would prefer it if we were all friends over enemies. Would that be acceptable to everyone?”

Chris nods, more than eager to forget this whole incident even happened. He'd forgotten how nerve-wracking a Pokemon like a Luxray could be when they were angry. His legs still feel a bit like grape jelly, and he scratches at the side of his fingernails, trying not to bite on them again. There's still angry red marks around the nails.

On the bright side, it seems Sara-Anne has recovered, at least a little. "Y-yeah.  And- and it's- it's okay; you didn't do anything wrong." Chris again looks away, his face feeling a bit red, unsure of how to accept the reassurance. He never could respond well to compliments or people being on his side, even before the whole 'end of the world' thing. Most of the time he just stammered a 'thank you' and turned bright red. Real smooth.

Sara-Anne's Pokemon jumps in too, and again Chris has no idea what to say. His awkwardness must be world-famous by now, a topic of gossip from here all the way to Kalos. "You didn't, kid; promise. It's fine. We just had a little... misunderstanding." Well, the word choice could be a lot worse. Try to keep things going smoothly, Chris...

"Yeah. Just a misunderstanding," Chris agrees, feeling as though he's stepping through a field of broken glass. One bright spot is that he has a crutch in the form of Kaeli already speaking what he thought before. "I'd rather everyone get along, too. I...really don't like fighting." Chris gives his best attempt at a friendly smile, though it's hard to do in a room full of people. It's better to try to look welcoming than completely uncomfortable, right?

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:51 pm

24 - Both

Kaeli's smile fell a little when she saw how nervous the two humans still were, the desire to scold her mate growing ever larger as she heard the poor girl stutter. "Y-yeah. And- and it's- it's okay; you didn't do anything wrong." What a fragile young thing. She looked over to her mate and thwacked him with her tail again offering him only a small glare in response to his pout. "You didn't, kid; promise. It's fine.  We just had a little... misunderstanding." At least the poor thing had a protective companion.

"Yeah. Just a misunderstanding," Chris managed to finally get out, his nervousness radiating in waves. "I'd rather everyone get along, too. I...really don't like fighting." Clearing her throat Kaeli nudged her mate insistantly. "Then I think he had better offer that apology now," she turned to glare at him, "shouldn't you dear?"

Alistair gulped and nodded his head slowly, standing up to address the whole room. "I, uh, I do believe I may have jumped to conclusions regarding this gathering and I..." the Luxray looked down to see his mate still glaring at him, tapping her tail expectantly. "I want to apologize for my uncouth behavior. I hope you can forgive my rudeness, I offended with my words and actions and that is a responsibility I must shoulder. I'm sorry."

Kaeli smiled and nodded letting Alistair lay back down beside her. She nuzzled into his soft fur and sighed heavily, her body weary from the pain and the extraordinarily long day. "Perhaps once I am rested we can all make proper introductions? I'm afraid I only know Chris's name and I hate the thought of being rude when addressing any of you. A few hours should be more than enough for me to rest up if you don't mind us meeting up with you later?"
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 pm

Fallarbor | Late Afternoon | 53

"Yeah. Just a misunderstanding," the young man adds, his anxiousness so palpable even less perceptive people should notice.  "I'd rather everyone get along, too. I...really don't like fighting."

The not-Persian cat is quick to handle the situation.  "Then I think he had better offer that apology now." She glares at him in the way only an irritated mate can.  There's something so comfortably familiar with her irritation that Sara-Anne can't help but grin a little.  "Shouldn't you dear?"

The lion, looking thoroughly hangdog now, stands up and addresses the others.  "I, uh, I do believe I may have jumped to conclusions regarding this gathering and I..."

He glances at the other cat, Sara-Anne's attention drawn to her as well, and she grins again.  

Oh- wait- okay now that makes sense.  She's almost certainly an offshoot of Persian.  And that glare is so incredibly Cookie right now...

I hope you're okay.  I hope I'll find you someday.

"I want to apologize for my uncouth behavior. I hope you can forgive my rudeness, I offended with my words and actions and that is a responsibility I must shoulder. I'm sorry."

She smiles, and with that permission, her lion sits down beside her, the cat nuzzling into her mate. "Perhaps once I am rested we can all make proper introductions? I'm afraid I only know Chris's name and I hate the thought of being rude when addressing any of you. A few hours should be more than enough for me to rest up if you don't mind us meeting up with you later?"

"O-oh-!  O-of course, yeah."  She gives her a nervous but appreciative smile.  "No problem, ma'am.  I'll- we'll see you later?"

"Was nice to meet ya, but wouldn't wanna interrupt your beauty sleep."  Flame winks at her with a smile, gently poking his human to move, which she does after giving the two cats an awkward little wave goodbye, withdrawing instead a little ways away from the house.

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Lance
    Lance
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Lance Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:02 pm

(51)

"Yeah. Just a misunderstanding," Chris added, his anxiety almost tangible. Poor guy. "I'd rather everyone get along, too. I...really don't like fighting."

Dinadan turned as the strange two-tailed cat spoke her piece. "Then I think he had better offer that apology now." The glare she gave the lion was reminiscent of an angry family member, or possibly spouse. Both were possible, but Dinadan leaned toward the latter. "Shouldn't you dear?" Yeah, probably the latter.

With the ire of his likely-mate at his back, the lion lost his gusto and anger very quickly. "I, uh, I do believe I may have jumped to conclusions regarding this gathering and I..." He looked back again to see his angry mate still scowling at him, which prompted him to continue. "I want to apologize for my uncouth behavior. I hope you can forgive my rudeness, I offended with my words and actions and that is a responsibility I must shoulder. I'm sorry."

Well, that was certainly one of the longest "I'm sorry"'s Dinadan had ever heard. It was like listening to Arthur apologize. Man. The others seemed to readily accept the apology, Dinadan joining them. It also looked to appease the lion's angry mate and she addressed them again. "Perhaps once I am rested we can all make proper introductions? I'm afraid I only know Chris's name and I hate the thought of being rude when addressing any of you. A few hours should be more than enough for me to rest up if you don't mind us meeting up with you later?"

"O-oh-! O-of course, yeah," Sara-Anne agreed. "No problem, ma'am. I'll- we'll see you later?"

"Was nice to meet ya, but wouldn't wanna interrupt your beauty sleep." Dinadan snickered at Flame's joke, but at the thought of leaving, the large dragon was reminded that Chris was there and that meant they could ask--

"Oh! Is it-- is it ok if we roam a little bit? Like to the waterfall?" Dinadan shimmied his hips a little as excitement overtook him. "Swimming sounds amazing!"
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:51 am

{15}

Chris thought he'd make someone upset with his ridiculous stammering, but yet again, Kaeli is on his side. Had she glared at him like that, he might have ran out the door and been halfway to Unova by now. Note to self: never piss off Kaeli, like, ever. He probably wouldn't get a long time to regret doing so.

"Then I think he had better offer that apology now, shouldn't you dear?" Oh. Yikes. Is this really what being a couple is like? Well, there goes any sort of desire Chris had for a relationship. Alistair looks more like a kid caught doing something naughty than a strong Pokemon ready to defend his beloved, which is so absurd that Chris manages to feel a bit of relief; maybe things would turn out alright for once.

"I, uh, I do believe I may have jumped to conclusions regarding this gathering and I...I want to apologize for my uncouth behavior. I hope you can forgive my rudeness, I offended with my words and actions and that is a responsibility I must shoulder. I'm sorry." Chris can't help but be impressed by the scope of Alistair's apology. Had he thought of that on the spot? Wow. Ignoring Alistair's obvious embarrassment, Chris wishes he had the ability to improvise speeches like that, especially during an awkward situation like this one.

Everyone seems satisfied with Alistair's apology, and Chris doesn't doubt his sincerity. Nobody could blame him for being quick to defend his mate. With the two felines settled down together (and looking rather adorable in the process), the tension in the room defuses itself. The knots in Chris' stomach begin to untie themselves, too.

This time, Kaeli speaks up, addressing everyone else in the room. "Perhaps once I am rested we can all make proper introductions? I'm afraid I only know Chris's name and I hate the thought of being rude when addressing any of you. A few hours should be more than enough for me to rest up if you don't mind us meeting up with you later?"

Oh-Chris hadn't forgotten about Kaeli's injuries, but he hadn't expected the conversation to end so quickly. Still, what she's saying makes sense. It wouldn't be right to impose upon her when she's no doubt exhausted and in pain. Besides, it might be nice to give everyone space after that uncomfortable bout of tension; Chris still feels a little dizzy from the lingering anxiety.

"O-oh-!  O-of course, yeah.  No problem, ma'am.  I'll- we'll see you later?"

"Was nice to meet ya, but wouldn't wanna interrupt your beauty sleep."

Chris can't help but smile a little at the two of them. Sara-Anne and her Pokemon seem to really get along, and it's really cute how she has an unevolved starter. A small Pokemon for a small person. He doesn't know how she feels about her height, though, so Chris doesn't say that aloud. Plus, it'd just be awkward to say something like that to someone you barely know.

"We'll see you later. It was nice to meet you both," Chris says to the felines shyly, though still managing to make eye contact with Kaeli, then Alistair. He then leaves, Atlas at his feet, following after Sara-Anne. She'd probably still want to talk, right? Hopefully so. The Tyrantrum that arrived with her seems rather enthusiastic, and positively bursting with words. Chris, however, feels like a shriveled up sapling under the impressive height and girth of the Rock-type. If they wanted to, the dinosaur could crush him with ease, and those jaws are nothing to shake a stick at.

"Oh! Is it-- is it ok if we roam a little bit? Like to the waterfall?"

Chris is a little shocked, and doesn't respond immediately. He expected such a big, intimidating Pokemon to act more, well...serious? Not that he's complaining, of course; the dinosaur's joyous excitement is a welcome sight. The waterfall isn't that far away, and though wandering from Fallarbor itself makes Chris' stomach feel like lead, he can't bring himself to say no.

"Sure," Chris agrees, "It'd be fun. The waterfall is pretty much right next door, too."

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:57 pm

25 - Both

"O-oh-!  O-of course, yeah.  No problem, ma'am.  I'll- we'll see you later?" Oh the poor dear, she was still a shaking leaf. "Certainly. And I promise Alistair will be on his best behavior next time dear." Alistair ducked his head in embarrassment and at the same time Kaeli leaned her head into her mate's soft fur, her weariness beginning to catch up to her. "Was nice to meet ya, but wouldn't wanna interrupt your beauty sleep." Kaeli smiled after the pair as the fragile female and her primate companion began to leave, followed shortly by Chris himself.

"We'll see you later. It was nice to meet you both," he offers before departing. "You too Chris, we'll see you shortly." As everyone left Alistair watched as his mate drifted off almost instantly, the Luxray keeping a careful eye on her breathing to make sure it wasn't labored from pain. After a while he himself began to feel exhaustion take hold and figured a little cat nap wouldn't be out of the question. Giving Kaeli an affectionate lick while she rested he shifted his position to lay down more comfortably and within moments was drifting off to sleep himself.
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:10 pm

Fallarbor | Late Afternoon | 54

"We'll see you later. It was nice to meet you both," Chris says to the two cats as they withdrew from the home.

"You too Chris, we'll see you shortly."

She really does sound like a nice lady...

"Oh! Is it-- is it ok if we roam a little bit? Like to the waterfall?" Dinadin blurts out, his whole body wiggling a little like an excited puppy.  Flame grins in relief as the delighted smile returns to his human's face. And really, Chris's shock is just the icing on the cake.  That's much better.

"Sure," Chris agrees, "It'd be fun. The waterfall is pretty much right next door, too."

"Oh- thank you!  Thanks so much!"  Sara-Anne grins at the boy, the grief melting like snow under sunlight as the waterfall serves as a welcome distraction.  "Tyrantrum let's go check it out!  Oh and- you can come too, Chris, if you want?  Especially since it's your farm?"

"I think," Flame says, eyes glowing. "we should race."

"Flame that is the worst idea; there's no way either of us would win!"

"Che!  Maybe not you on your short, skinny human legs, but I'm a chimp and he's a dinosaur."

"So you'd set up a contest knowing I have no shot?  Fuck you too, mister."

"Aw shush; if Chris comes along maybe he'll race you and then maybe some magic bullshit will happen that'll let you win."

"You're the worst," she snorts, crossing her arms.

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Lance
    Lance
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Lance Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:31 pm

(52)

"Sure," Chris agreed, earning a more enthusiastic butt waggle from Dinadan. Oh, he actually agreed! He never got to do anything fun because he always had all the supplies, but not anymore! "It'd be fun. The waterfall is pretty much right next door, too."

"Oh- thank you!  Thanks so much!"  Sara-Anne exclaimed, mirroring the dinosaur's excitement. "Tyrantrum, let's go check it out!  Oh and- you can come too, Chris, if you want?  Especially since it's your farm?" Chris didn't get much of a chance to respond before the little monkey spoke first.

"I think," Flame began, his expression alight with mischief, "we should race."

Dinadan's face lit with the proposition. A race. Oh, he hadn't run full-out in... well, all the times he had run were not terribly pleasant, lately. But this was a game! This was going to be fun! Though he was completely for the idea, Sara-Anne voiced that she was not. "Flame that is the worst idea; there's no way either of us would win!"

To Dinadan's glee, Flame disagreed. Well. Mostly. "Che! Maybe not you on your short, skinny human legs, but I'm a chimp and he's a dinosaur." Were chimps faster than dinosaurs? He honestly had no idea. Guess we'll find out soon, won't we? Heeheheheheh.

"So you'd set up a contest knowing I have no shot?  Fuck you too, mister."

"Aw shush; if Chris comes along, maybe he'll race you and then maybe some magic bullshit will happen that'll let you win."

"You're the worst,"

Though Dinadan was always a fan of banter, he couldn't keep his excitement in check and bounced. "So we're racing! OnetwothreeGO!" He giggled as he burst out into a sprint, his long legs taking him far from the group in only a few strides. He wanted that waterfall, and he fully planned on jumping in ass-first when he saw it.
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:59 pm

{16}

"Oh- thank you!  Thanks so much!" A bit of pink returns to Chris' cheeks; these new people are so nice, and he's so awkward. What are words, again?

"No problem," Chris replies with the biggest smile he can muster, which isn't saying a whole lot when you're used to looking gloomy all day. He adjusts the collar of his flannel, realizing that it had slipped from covering his throat. This small action takes the smile right off of his face.

"Tyrantrum let's go check it out!  Oh and- you can come too, Chris, if you want?  Especially since it's your farm?"

Once again, Chris finds himself pleasantly surprised by his guests' kindness towards him. Man, he really has been socially deprived for too long, hasn't he? This would have been nothing back in the day. Unfortunately, he doesn't get a chance to really speak, as Sara-Anne's Chimchar gets his own words out before Chris can even finish thinking of a response. His social incompetence flushes his now-pale cheeks with color again; he can only hope nobody is actually watching him, or that they would at least not mention it.

"I think we should race."

Chris' embarrassment would normally be palpable, but he must have improved on hiding it, because nobody said anything. Not even Atlas...boy, do I have a talent for dropping the social ball. A race, huh? He may be fast, but against a huge dinosaur...well, those odds aren't pretty. Sara-Anne doesn't sound too thrilled about it either, and Chris can't blame her. He hears Atlas snickering at their banter, or maybe at the mental image of her and Chris trying to defeat Tyrantrum in an ill-conceived race. Aren't you supposed to be on my side?

"Aw shush; if Chris comes along maybe he'll race you and then maybe some magic bullshit will happen that'll let you win." He perks up a bit at the mention of his name. Did they really want him to race Sara-Anne? Well, if she wants him to, he'll be too shy to refuse, but isn't she a little, um, short? Don't say that, Chris, sometimes short people can run scarily fast...and he's not exactly towering over anyone himself, either. Stupid average, in-between 5'8". He is 5'8", right? Chris can never remember.

"Hey, I don't let people win," he teases, which isn't a lie. When you grow up as the youngest sibling, you'll take any victory you can possibly rip from defeat's jaws, and that includes races.

Tyrantrum-didn't the poor guy have a name?-simply cannot contain his excitement, though, the dino taking off at an almost intimidating speed. Chris is momentarily jealous of the Pokemon's ridiculously long strides; he wouldn't want the dinosaur's bulk, but the height? Definitely envious. "So we're racing! OnetwothreeGO!"

"The waterfall is mine, bro!" Atlas shouts as he immediately hauls after the tromping dinosaur, leaving Chris in the dust, literally.

"Atlas, don't run off without me!" It's no use, though, and Chris really should have known better than to think he could stop his Vaporeon from having fun. Once Atlas got an idea in his head, there was no stopping it. "Well, maybe they'll try not to break the fence."

Last edited by Abysswalker on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:54 am

((Skip for now, I'm just going to have these two resting this round. Tried to think of a cute post but only got two lines lol))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:25 pm

Fallarbor | Late Afternoon | 55

"Hey, I don't let people win," Chris says, and Sara-Anne snorts in amusement, a hand going up to try to hide it but not actually succeed.

Dinadin wiggles like a puppy; really, if his tail had different bone structure, it would probably wag a lot like a dog's.  Oh my god I wonder if he likes belly rubs.  A puppy dino is not something I knew I needed in my life and yet here we are.

"So we're racing! OnetwothreeGO!"

"It's a race of speed not words you absolute ass!" Flame hollars after him as he bolts.   Aw.  He likes him.  Seriously when was the last time any of them made a friend?  First Charizard and now Tyrantrum?  At this rate Flame will basically adopt Lance's entire team as kin.  

"The waterfall is mine, bro!" crows the Vaporeon as he takes off after them.  There's no way Flame will win unless he cheats.  And she's sure he'll try.

Even as she thinks that, Flame is trying to catch hold of Dinadin's tail so he can hitch a ride, because the universe finds coincidences funny.

"Atlas, don't run off without me!" Chris yells after him the way an exasperated parent does when their kid has already run off without them and fuck it; they're excited.  She snickers.  "Well, maybe they'll try not to break the fence."

"I mean, Tyrantrum's polite as hell, but he's also a puppy in dino clothing.  We might need to write an eulogy for your fence," she half snorts, half giggles.  Might as well start walking towards the waterfall.  She looks back at Chris to see if he's coming.

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Lance
    Lance
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Lance Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:56 pm

(53)

"It's a race of speed not words you absolute ass!"

"The waterfall is mine, bro!"

Dinadan barked out a laugh as he heard the smaller pokemon complain behind him. Nope, that waterfall was gonna be his and it was gonna be fantastic. Little did they know that he had something up his proverbial sleeve. With a small glance to see the ragged scarf on his arm, he lowered his head for an attack-- the Choice Scarf did the rest. With a sudden boost in speed, the giant dinosaur pulled further from the group and quickly began to close the gap between himself and that fantastic waterfall.

Spotting the group moving rapidly toward something, Galahad flew to them, flying just over Flame's head as Dinadan led the way. "Is something wrong?" he called over the roar of his teammate's giant footsteps. "Why are you all running?"
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:38 am

{17}

"I mean, Tyrantrum's polite as hell, but he's also a puppy in dino clothing.  We might need to write an eulogy for your fence," Sara-Anne says to him, giggling. Chris almost wilts at the idea of his poor fence being crushed under the trampling feet of a Tyrantrum. Getting that fence up took a lot of time, and even more trial-and-error effort. He would hate to lose even a small section. Even so, the obvious amusement of his companion offsets the frustration he should be feeling. How can anyone be mad after seeing a puppy-like dinosaur?

"I worked hard putting that thing up," Chris complains, but it doesn't take any time at all before there's a smile on his face too. He tags along after Sara-Anne, quickly catching up to her. Though their Pokemon are engaged in a race, it seems the two humans prefer to walk instead. Chris is totally okay with that. He can be competitive when he needs to be, but it doesn't seem smart to show that side of him to people still acquiring an idea of who he is. It's both lucky and a little sad that Chris has no opportunities to show any of the newcomers just how mad he can get when playing video games.

With nobody except them there, Chris felt almost obligated to say something else and keep the conversation going. What can he possibly say? They barely know each other, and he doesn't have the luxury of depending on their Pokemon to help bridge the gap. It's a bit of a walk to the waterfall, and the thought of spending that in complete silence makes Chris want to hide his face for the rest of his life. For the billionth time in the past hour alone, he wishes he could be normal and either enjoy the quiet or make conversation like any average other human being on this planet. Think, Chris, think...

The first thing his mind throws at him is Sara-Anne's Chimchar. They seem very close; what region are Chimchar from? Sinnoh, that's right. It's a starting point. Now, all Chris has to do is hope that his guest wouldn't mind being asked stuff, or else this would turn sour real fast.

"So, um..." Chris begins to say, already regretting his decision, "Your Chimchar is an interesting Pokemon. A-are you maybe from Sinnoh?"

~

Atlas can't believe it. Nobody said anything about items like, ever, but the dinosaur he's racing is running way too fast to be going at a natural speed. Tyrantrum aren't that fast. How'd he miss the Choice Scarf? Oh my Arceus, that was so dumb. Atlas is an amazing Pokemon and all, but his legs are just short of the "stubby" range; there's no way he can keep up. Man, another race lost! Nobody back at Fallarbor can be allowed to know. Like, ever.

"Is something wrong? Why are you all running?" Atlas looks up for a second to see a Charizard, of all things. Now that is sweet. Wait, who is he again? One of the Tyrantrum's friends? He's got to be, because obviously he knows them, or at least some of them, because Atlas doesn't know the guy from Adam (whoever Adam is). Well, if he's one of their guests friends, then Atlas is chill with the dude.

"It's a race, dude!" Atlas shouts without a single care as to who could overhear his loud voice. "And someone is cheating!"

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Phoenix
    Phoenix
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Phoenix Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:40 am

((I am so sorry to skip after so long a wait but I am still sick and cannot think straight today. Since everyone hasn't even gotten to the waterfall yet I can let these two sleep a little longer. Again I'm sorry to flake out with a skip after making you wait.))
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:09 pm

Fallarbor | Late Afternoon | 56

"I worked hard putting that thing up," he gripes, but he's smiling too. She can't help but grin back.

The walk is a little awkward; should she say something? She should be saying something. Polite people talk to their hosts. You don't just invite yourself over and not-

"So, um..." Oh, thank god. Guilt burns inside for making her host be the first one to have to talk, but at least actual conversation is now happening. "Your Chimchar is an interesting Pokemon. A-are you maybe from Sinnoh?"

"Yup. Jubilife. What about you; you from Hoenn?" It's hard to tell, with the few pokemon she'd seen. Realistically he could be from everywhere; a specific pokemon famous for its native habitat didn't mean that it was necessarily found by the trainer in that habitat. After all, Ralts were known for being native to Hoenn and she met hers in Sinnoh.

---

Grabbing onto Tyrantrum's tail was easy. If by 'easy' you mean 'very hard.' But he's done it, hurrah! And it won't be long before the giant dinosaur feels him on his tail, probably, though he doubts he'd whip him off.

A shadow falls over the grass and Flame glances up, grinning.

"Is something wrong? Why are you all running?" Charizaaaaaaaaaard.

"It's a race, dude!" the Vaporeon shouts. "And someone is cheating!"

"I prefer to think of it as leveling the playing field!" he laughs. "You wanna join in or just supervise?"

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Lance
    Lance
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Lance Wed May 03, 2017 3:59 pm

(54)

Though Galahad had been somewhat concerned about all the running, it looked like his worry had been for nothing. "It's a race, dude!" the Vaporeon shouted, earning the Charizard's attention for a moment. "And someone is cheating!"

Ooooooh. See, that made a lot of sense. Especially since he knew the Tyrantrum had a Choice Scarf. A devilish grin spread across his draconian face as he looked to the chimp tagged on Dinadan's tail. Oh, man. That poor kid was going to get some serious whiplash. "I prefer to think of it as leveling the playing field!" the little guy laughed. "You wanna join in or just supervise?" Galahad banked a little closer, dipping his head close enough for Flame to grasp on of his horns.

"Why don't you grab on? Cheaters don't get to win on my watch!"
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Wed May 17, 2017 7:30 pm

{18}

"Yup. Jubilife." Yes, he'd guessed correctly! "What about you; you from Hoenn?"

Oh, does she think that because of Fallarbor, or perhaps because Cassandra and Astora had been the first of his Pokemon she'd met? Either way, it's a good guess.

"Unova, actually," Chris says, some of his nerves slipping away at the mention of his homeland. Lovely, busy Unova...he would give a lot to see it in person even one more time. His (admittedly subpar) sketches of the region's landmarks are never enough to truly capture its beauty. "I'm from Nimbasa, but I have family from Hoenn."

Chris likes Hoenn well enough, but its tropic climate never did agree with him, nor his choice in clothing. That, and Fallarbor is so quiet. He remembers how familiar the 24/7 hum of lively Nimbasa was in his childhood; remembering it brings a painful nostalgia. Does Sara-Anne feel the same way as Jubilife? As far as Chris remembers, it's a pretty big city too.

He doesn't really have the courage to ask...

~

"I prefer to think of it as leveling the playing field!"

The Chimchar sounds especially proud of himself. Oh, that sneaky little-if Atlas were just a little smaller and less quadruped, he'd snatch onto that dino's tail faster than a fish would hop back into water. From above, his Charizard buddy flies down near the Fire-type.

"Why don't you grab on? Cheaters don't get to win on my watch!" Wha-? That isn't fair, either! Technically speaking, this waterfall is property of Chris, and therefore his as well. No trespassers would lay claim to a fraudulent victory.    

"Heeeeeey!" Atlas calls out, "What about me? I'm more than chopped liver, y'know!"

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Fri May 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Fallarbor | Late Afternoon | 57

"Unova, actually," Chris replies, growing just ever so twitchier. Oh shit did her question make him remember bad memories...? She supposes that while plenty of survivors would fondly recall their homeland, others wouldn't--grief at losing it, or maybe because of memories of terrible things happening there even before the plague. "I'm from Nimbasa, but I have family from Hoenn."

"Oh, that's cool. None of my family lived in another region; I got to go on a trip once to Kanto and Johto. But I was like. Ten. So I don't remember it too well now." She glanced around at the farm. "I like Hoenn. Just wish I got to see it under different circumstances..."

Ugh, what a stupid obvious thing to say. Of course no one is glad that the apocalypse happened so they have an excuse to see the world.

---

"Why don't you grab on?" Charizard suggests, lowering his head, Flame's eyes sparkling as he catches on to what the dragon is talking about. "Cheaters don't get to win on my watch!"

"Heeeeeey!" the Vaporeon pouts, "What about me? I'm more than chopped liver, y'know!"

"Sorry my dude! Looks like you're all wet!" Oh that was the worst pun yet. Which makes it the best one. He should earn a medal for that, he thinks, laughing as he grabs onto Charizard's horn, swinging himself easily up onto the dragon's back.

♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

Lance
    Lance
    Resistance
    Resistance

Post by Lance Tue May 23, 2017 8:51 pm

(55)

"Heeeeeey!" the Vaporeon pouted as he ran beside them, "What about me? I'm more than chopped liver, y'know!"

Flame grabbed onto Galahad's head and situated himself, triumphant aboard a fire dragon. The Charizard's face erupted into a large grin as the monkey crowed his victory with a terrible, terrible pun. "Sorry my dude! Looks like you're all wet!"

"Just for that pun, he comes too!" Galahad called back, then picked up the water type in his claws. "Now get ready to win!"

He pushed himself forward, closing the gap between him and the racing dinosaur with ease. Dinadan's tongue hung out of the side of his mouth as they flew beside him, which retracted when he spotted them. "Hey, you're cheating!" he called as he lost speed, earning a cheeky laugh from his teammate.

"Says the guy with a Choice Scarf!" With one last hard push of his wings, he rocketed forward, flying low to the ground before it dipped down and fell away to reveal the waterfall and river it fed. Galahad took a victory lap around the water before slowing and landing on a bank, panting as he let his water passenger go. "We win!"
    Abysswalker
    Abysswalker
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Abysswalker Sat May 27, 2017 8:08 pm

{19}

"Oh, that's cool. None of my family lived in another region; I got to go on a trip once to Kanto and Johto. But I was like. Ten. So I don't remember it too well now." Chris doesn't want to interrupt her, so he keeps his reactions well within his mind. To be perfectly honest, his own memories of Hoenn prior to...everything, weren't exactly crystal clear. His father's ranch is still somewhat vivid, especially all of the Pokemon that lived there, but the rest has become blurs to him. It looks like they have something in common, at least. "I like Hoenn. Just wish I got to see it under different circumstances..."

Man, if only Matt or Lyka were here...they could be a lot more helpful than he's being.

"Me too. I didn't get to see much of it back in the day," Chris admits, though the image of his father's place and all of his Pokemon still lingers in the back of his mind. As nice as Sara-Anne is, he can't talk about that to someone he barely knows. The pain would be too much; Chris doesn't wish to start crying in front of her. He has to get back on track with something a little easier to talk about. The Pokemon have to be having a good time right now, with their race and all. Would Sara-Anne mind a subject change? He hopes not. "Say, do you think they've made it to the waterfall yet?"

~

"Sorry my dude! Looks like you're all wet!"

Atlas almost chokes from horrified laughter, the godawful pun making him feel...well, salty. Agh, that dude is really enjoying tormenting him, isn't he? The worst part is, Atlas can't think of a witty comeback, now of all times.

"Bro, never-never talk to me again!" Atlas shouts between his bouts of laughter. He likes the new guy; he's absolutely hilarious.

"Just for that pun, he comes too!" When the Charizard picks him up off the ground, Atlas nearly dies on the spot. Metaphorically, of course. The rush of the wind as they overtake Mister Cheater is awesome, and the schadenfreude is so tangible, he can almost taste it.

"Hell yeah!"

The master-of-cheating isn't too happy to see them. Heh. Good. "Hey, you're cheating!"

Atlas sticks out his tongue before laughing again. He's so out of breath that he can't put the sweet taste of irony into words. Take that! The wind and the secondhand feeling of flight becomes twelve times better knowing that they have secured a well-deserved victory. The waterfall is technically still his since he, you know, lives here, but hey. His new buddies can revel in the glory of winning too.

"We win!" When he's set down on the ground, Atlas begins to do an uncoordinated victory dance, not caring one bit for who saw him. Nothing can embarrass him after enduring the judging looks of Astora.

"Man, does winning feel great!"

Jonah / Nocturne
    i open the door

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 4:12 am