Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

A Few Questions

Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

A Few Questions Empty A Few Questions

Post by Baloo Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:39 pm

The Virus:

Certain Skills:
    Min
    Min
    Centurion
    Centurion

A Few Questions Empty Re: A Few Questions

Post by Min Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:37 pm

For the Virus one...
    For a Pokemon to learn the type effectiveness against the virus would require a long time, and when I say long, I mean pretty long time just observing every type of Pokemon. Because they would have to watch the Pokemon from the moment they are infected, all the way to their state of complete...undead-ness. There's also environmental effects to the undead body (the heat, the cold) that could easily thwart a Pokemon's theory because they wouldn't know that heat speeds the infection up, the cold slows it down, etc.
    In my opinion, I'd say that a Pokemon so far would only have a very minimal understanding of the virus. Minimal, because to fully grasp and theorize and prove all said theories of the infection would take much longer than a year if they're doing it on mere observation. [Now if we're talking about humans, that would be a different story--humans have access to technological advancement that can help them research better, but that's going off-topic lol.]

For the skills part...
    For Pokemon who are known to have high intelligence/IQ, like Slowking or Alakazam, I'd say that learning about human technology is certainly possible for them. [Seeing as Slowking is said to have intelligence that rivals one of human scientists, and Alakazam are known for their amazing intellect.] A Flygon isn't really known for it's knowledge, and it would've been hard to train a Flygon to use the camera as a Trapinch and Vibrava [since you mentioned "really young"] due to the lack of hands. Flygon have 3 fingers and no thumb--which itself proves a problem.
    Also, depending on what camera it is, most cameras run on battery and with already a year or so into the Epidemic the camera would have ran out of battery by now. [And depending on how much it's been used, it would've ran out of film too.] They'd have no way to recharge it.
    A Flygon would probably know that clicking one button would capture an image, which then creates a photo, but that's about it. They wouldn't know why a photo was made, nor any inner workings of a camera per say.
    I doubt a Pokemon would be allowed to use a Pokedex, nor learn how to use one. It was an invention made for humans to better understand Pokemon, and the mechanics behind it are complex.

I'd wait for the admin's final say on this. ^^;
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:52 pm

You bring up interesting points Miss Lulu and also more questions.
    I must return to the BuizelCave and contemplate these new points and questions
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:55 am

I have a question, Baloo if you dont mind me asking, what do I do when i want to get back in the post cycle of my team. Ive been trying to come active for about a week or so, ive also been inactive for about 5 weeks. What do i do?
    Baloo
    Baloo
    Rookie
    Rookie

Post by Baloo Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:43 am

You comment on the original profile of the character saying you wanna put him/her back on their team ^^ And change the title too and Mewtwo will re-approve
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:52 am

I would have to agree on Lulu's points on this; well said, Lulu.

I doubt, other than limited personal experiences, that any pokemon with a normal IQ, like your flygon, would have little to no understanding of the virus. In order for it to understand any immunities or resistances, it would need to have studied hundreds, thousands of specimen going through the entire lifespan of the infection. I would be able to see, though, that maybe instinctual knowledge, like "This pokemon was infected, therefore, it might be in its meat-- I shouldn't eat that," or "This water has infected blood in it-- I shouldn't drink that," or maybe even "That pokemon's infected, I shouldn't let him bite/wound/lick me because it might get me sick too." It would be all right to play into natural instincts to avoid the sick, but a different thing entirely to actually know what the virus was doing, if that makes sense.

And, as Lulu pointed out, unless the flygon has been working with technology for a long time as a flygon, there's little chance that would be allowed. Trapinch and Vibrava are not the best choices when it comes to using and understanding human tech, and therefore might only be able to understand a very limited amount of the tech at hand, as she suggested, like pressing the button= picture on the screen. Your character wouldn't have been able to successfully handle it until they evolved into their final evolution, which, would require a lot of out-of-the-lab training anyway. Level 45 would be hard to get to in a lab full of cameras, so I find it hard to believe that a trapinch/vibrava would be able to learn anything while struggling to level up.

And no, no battery would last two years without a charge, so any tech would be completely useless anyway.

A Few Questions Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:46 pm