Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+8
Grimsley
Feraligatr
BatEmmaman
Starbits
Kaze
Fern
Kitty
renegade
12 posters

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    BatEmmaman
    BatEmmaman
    Ace
    Ace

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 Empty Re: (ACE) The LAVERRE Team

Post by BatEmmaman Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:16 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 Epidemic_johto_persian_1_by_hynoryuu-d9ewi82
    Laverre City [Inside Boutique] | Night | 2

"Mister!? Are you there?"

Bernie smirked to himself, whoever was behind the door sounded weak, and easily manipulated. It would be easy to talk her into letting him inside. Before he could reply the pokemon spoke to him once more. “Please back away! I'm going to break the door!”

He pulled back, staring at the door where the weak sounding creature spoke. A thud hit the door but it didn't budge at all/ He thought about breaking it down himself, but he thought it best to keep up his weak persona. Back in his day, pokemon were never this stupid, would never open a door to a complete stranger.

Bernie jumped in surprise when the door shattered, completely missing the Riolu and other pokemon's (what was that pokemon, he wondered) meeting. The door sprayed bits and pieces as a pink thing jumped and fell with the door. Bernie had backed away, the undead would have certainly heard that.

He raised his lips in a snarl as the pink (umbreon, Bernie decided) realized what she had done. "KNIGHTLY!"
    He heard a pokemon from inside say, “There’s no time to argue: You all need to run, now, or you’re going to die! I’ll hold them back for you the best I can. I’m...sorry. Now, get out!”

Bernie hesitated, he was old and his bones hurt all over, he didn't know how much longer he could continue running.
    "But.. but we.. we locked ourselves in here!" A leafeon replied as she crouched to the floor, ears flat. "This isn't a shelter. We created a tomb!"

A tomb..?

Bernie knew it was true, he should have left these pokemon alone, the undead could have gotten to them while he slipped away. He should have just left when he had the chance.

He lifted his lip into a snarl, it was too late now and he was responsible for what he's done.

He stepped further inside, until he could be seen fully by the Furfrou. ,"I'll help in any way i can," Bernie told her. His voice sounded weak and fragile, he hasn't spoke to anyone in so long it almost hurt his throat to speak.

((OoC: sorry it took so long I didn't realize it was my turn and sorry it's kind of short I didn't have a lot of time to get it done))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:47 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 GGMO1Zd
    ||Laverre City | Evening||
    ||9 | 9||
    Looking up, Kaneki listened to the conversing on the other side of the door. “Mister?! Are you there?” The Umbreon, again. His bi-colored eyes narrowed slightly. What were they..? “Please back away! I'm going to break the door!” Wait what?! "No!" The Phanteon called, his eyes widening. No, no, no. That wouldn't be good!  Whirling around to face the door, Kaneki's white gaseous mane cracked wildly with the movement.

“A-Alirah--!” His spectral ears flicked upwards, the white gas flickering wildly like a flame. Bang! The sound of a body hit the door and Kaneki winced. Beside him, the ghost saw his beau stiffen. Alirah! Crash! The door fell forwards, and Kaneki grabbed Hide and moved him out of the way, making himself intangible so the door passed harmlessly though him. “Wh-wha?!” Turning to face Alirah, Kaneki's eyes narrowed.

"What possessed you to do that?" He hissed, jumping up onto the door and glaring at the small Umbreon. They stared at him and Hide for a moment, confused before thye spotted the persian. Looking to check in the feline, Kaneki was pleased to see they hadn't been harmed either. Hide returned to his side, his orange fur a pleasant sight for the Phanteon.

“Um-um-um, are you... like, the Pokémon needing help? I'm... I'm here...” Lashing his two tails, Kaneki growled quietly to himself. Damn it, now they would have to act fast before - "Oh no." He said his thoughts aloud, his head whipping around to see a large mass of undead approaching. A growl wormed its way up the Phanteon's throat as he turned, his red eye glowing with a Detect. Hide came up beside him, his paws shimmering with a Counter. They needed to be careful here.

“KNIGHTLY!” Hide sighed and rolled his eyes. That was the complete opposite of careful. Turning to glare lightly at the Umbreon, Hide's chocolate brown eyes swept over their small frame. “There’s no time to argue: You all need to run, now, or you’re going to die! I’ll hold them back for you the best I can. I’m...sorry. Now, get out!” Hide smirked. "Don't worry about me and Kaneki, we'll keep them  off you for a moment." He said, clasping his paws together and throwing out an orange tinted protect barrier. "I'll c- cover you!" Looking back, Hide watched as Fuel ran out, moving to help them.

"But.. but we.. we locked ourselves in here!" Another voice, turning his head back around, Hide spotted another Leafeon and an orange scaled Servine. It was a Grass type day, then? The Riolu chuckled quietly. "This isn't a shelter. We created a tomb!" Jumping back, Hide backed over to the door, his chocolate eyes narrowed slightly. "Okay, I don't quite have time for introductions right now, I'm a friend of Kaneki's. I'm here to help." He said hurriedly to the two grass types, his eyes widening slightly as he watched Fuel run off. "Hey wait-!" He called, reaching out a paw, but it was too late. The male Leafeon had fled the city, leaving Hide with the unfamiliar group. "I'll help in any way I can,"

Smiling at the Persian, Hide nodded. "Great. My protect will hold, but not for long. We need to get this barrier back up, that's our safest bet. Kaneki?!" Hide called, watching as the ghost bounded back to stay with his beau. "We need to keep them off us, can you help?" He asked, and the ghost nodded. "On it." He said, jumping though the wall and launching a Shadow Ball at the nearest undead, sending them staggering backwards. If his eyes were not deceiving him, he was looking at a Meowstic. Psychic type then. They tried to attack him, charging forwards with a slash, but Kaneki sidestepped them, kicking out with a hind leg and hitting them hard with Payback.

Sending out another Shadow Ball warning shot, Kaneki was vaguely aware of the grin that was spreading over his face as he fought, and his eyes burned with glee at the opportunity to fight something. Jumping onto a wall, Kaneki launched himself at a Mr. Mime, headbutting them and knocking the dual type back a few steps. Skipping backwards a few steps, Kaneki looked behind him at the others. "If you want to run, go now! I'll cover your escape! If not, come and help out!"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:13 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 Alirah3_zps7klkrz4n
    Laverre City [Boutique] l Night l (15)

As if a thunderstorm wasn't bad enough, a storm straight from the pits of Hell was on it's way now; it sounded as though the grim reaper unleashed his best pets to destroy. To kill.
    Rhythmical claws pounding the tile floor approached quickly, Alirah! Knightly looked over the Umbreon, whom immediately diverted her eyes away. She couldn't face her companion, not after what she'd done this time; Knightly's presence was like someone took a blade and thrust it straight into Ali's heart, twisting it for good measure until she was nearly crippled with shame.

The shadowy Furfrou took off back into the Boutique, offering a command that took said metaphorical knife and killed Ali: “There’s no time to argue: You all need to run, now, or you’re going to die! I’ll hold them back for you the best I can. I’m...sorry. Now, get out!”
    Alirah's already-damaged heart sunk so low, it felt like if she even moved her tucked-in legs wrong, it would just fall out in a heap of blood. "But.. but we.. we locked ourselves in here!" The girl Leafeon cried with little hope,"This isn't a shelter. We created a tomb!"

None of this is Knightly's fault!” Alirah leapt from her place beneath the eave of the Boutique, sliding across the floor with her soaked paws having no traction. She skidded almost straight into Knightly's flank, “All of this... All... It's my fault. Don't,” Ali fell to her haunches and lowered her face in shame, “Don't blame her. I just,” she closed her eyes, preparing to give the apology that would fix nothing, “I just wanted to help.. I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry...”
    Kitty
    Kitty
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Kitty Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:04 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 KnightlyDuma_zpstjvcfhvc

Laverre City | Night | 13

"Don't worry about me and Kaneki, we'll keep them  off you for a moment."

Knightly nodded lightly in thanks. “Just keep them off yourself, first.” Of all the Pokemon in the Boutique, she was least worried about Kaneki. She preferred the two Pokemon not waste precious time fighting undead they could be running from, but she trusted Kaneki to stay safe. He was strong and kind enough to protect Alirah before - Knightly knew he could protect himself and his friend just fine.

"I'll c- cover you!"

The Leafeon rushed over to Knightly’s side by the doorway, his fur sparkling with a glow. What was he doing? Knightly appreciated his bravery and heart-warming kindness, but she would not allow him to stand by her side. She could never live with herself knowing a small Eeveelution was hurt trying to protect her. She was the Furfrou; It was her job to protect others, not the other way around.

“Thank you. But this is no time to be a hero - you need to run, fast. I won’t have you dying for me.”

The indescribable, horrid sounds of the undead rang louder in Knightly’s ears. Objects boarded up against the windows began to fall inwards into the Boutique, crashing loudly as the undead more forcefully attacked the building.

"This isn't a shelter. We created a tomb!"

Knightly turned to the other Leafeon, her face stern with fear and impatience. “This is only a tomb if you lay down and die in it. If you want to live, move!

“None of this is Knightly's fault!”

Alirah slipped and slid her way over to Knightly, nearly running into her. “All of this... All... It's my fault. Don't,” The Umbreon lowered herself shamefully, “Don't blame her. I just,” As Alirah’s eyes closed, Knightly’s widened in horror. This was no time to be closing their eyes or having conversations - the doors were down and undead would be pouring in any second. “I just wanted to help.. I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry...”

“We don’t have time for this, Ali!” Knightly didn’t know her voice could go that high, but apparently it could with enough panic.  “We have to run, now, do you understand me!?”

Knightly glanced back at the doorway. The undead were attacking them already - the male Leafeon outside was bracing himself with an Endure, barely able to keep the monsters off himself. Without even a thought, Knightly charged out the doorway and threw multiple Dark Pulses at the Undead, knocking them back from the Leafeon. She ran to his side and glanced over him - good, he didn’t look bitten or scratched. A small sigh of relief escaped Knightly. She looked into the Leafeon’s brown eyes, fear plain to see. With her own eyes gentle but her voice firm, she told him, “How ‘bout I cover you?

Knightly was yanked back suddenly. A snarl escaped her as she whipped around to see an incredibly skeletal Mightyena pulling at the Silk Scarf around her tail, dark blood oozing from its nasty fangs. She jerked away from the undead’s grasp, then rammed into the bony monster with Take Down in one single, swift movement. The Mightyena flew backwards, the Silk Scarf tearing into two as the undead hit the ground with a sick crunch.

Knightly looked to the Leafeon, her voice quiet and full of dread.  Run.

The Leafeon fled the scene in a panic, leaving Knightly relieved. But it wasn’t over yet. Before she even tore her eyes away from the Leafeon, she spotted more danger for him up ahead; As the Eeveelution ran through the street, an undead Gardevoir drenched in blood stalked him from behind a corner.

Knightly and the Gardevoir both charged towards the Leafeon at once without a second to spare. Knightly reached the Leafeon first, throwing herself to the ground behind him so that the Gardevoir crashed into her instead. Go! Knightly yelled, hoping the Leafeon would not stop to help her. Knightly struggled for control but knocked the undead off of her, then threw a Dark Pulse at the Gardevoir’s decayed face. Her attack seemed to do very little but buy Knightly time as she ran back towards the Boutique… but it wasn’t enough time.
    The Gardevoir threw itself onto Knightly, but rather than opening its jaws to bite her, the undead began glowing white and seemingly transparent. But there was no time to question what was going on; Knightly forced her aching limbs to jump up off the ground. She stumbled forward to run, but the Gardevoir clung to Knightly’s hind legs, and suddenly, she realized what was going on: The undead was Teleporting, taking Knightly with it as prey.

((OoC - This is my leaving post. As Vince said in Fuel’s last post, I have permission to write what I have about Fuel. :3 ))

Last edited by Kitty on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:57 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 CKB03At
    Laverre City [Boutique] | Night [Raining/Fog]
    Rush - 14 | Xana - 33

Why had she done this to herself? She was a loner, or at least not good at keeping company, so why had she sucked herself into this group of misfits seeking massacre? Cry for help my ass. It had been bait and now they were Grumpigs for slaughter! “This is only a tomb if you lay down and die in it. If you want to live, move! Xana drew her lips back and let out a dry hiss, eyes blazing with both ferocity and fear. These Pokemon could not be trusted- look where that had gotten her! "How can we run when our only exit is not but suicide!" The calls, the cries of the undead and the fighting that had already started could not be ignored. One could not avoid a fight if they went that way. None of this is Knightly's fault!” The pale pink Umbreon wailed from the back, bounding back toward them. The fur along Xana's spine rose to tiny peaks, her thin tail trashing. "I never said it was hers." Clearly, it was everyones fault, including a slight bit her own for going along with them. The Umbreon sank pitifully to the floor, furthering the Leafeon's doubt in judgement.

Knightly's voice grew shrill and she made for her exit, throwing ahead of her a series of attacks. Xana's small paws hesitated for a heartbeat. For at least a few moments the path would be clear. The  undead would flinch just long enough for the pair ahead of her to make it out before they gave chase. After that, she had a free shot. Paws drummed ahead of her, the others waiting no longer, and after one more heartbeat the Leafeon followed. Dashing as fast as her paws would carry her Xana did not look back. Bursting through the door she saw little but thick fog and rain that tried to drown it. With a sharp turn to the right she decided to follow along the back of the buildings, possibly making her way back to the shack, and away from the chaos.

Three buildings passed by in a matter of moments and the female felt home free. She heard no undead after her and did see any on this path (though she couldn't see too far). Water had pooled high on the ground, falling faster then the waterlogged boggy-earth could take it in. Skirting around a tree the Leafeon's paw sunk deep in mud on her very next step. Shrieking in surprise Xana flailed, stumbling to the ground and struggling to remove her leg from the suction force of the pudddle.

A low groan danced in her ears, brown eyes locking immediately on the approaching shape. She vaguely recognized it, as both a Pokemon she hardly knew and one that was heavily swamped in disease, but the faint scent of ash under the rain hit her like a truck. The Litleo limped forward, emitting a strange sound as it approached, fire dripping from its maw as the little fur on its head shined. Shit shit shit shit. She thrashed harder but the grass types limb seemed to sink even further into the ground until she was slumped on her shoulder, thoroughly stuck. "F-fuck off!" She gapes, kicking out with her hindlegs though it did little more then splash water at the fire type. The Litleo continued its advance, spitting a small burst of fire straight at her. The Embers scattered against her flank and tail, sending a painfully familiar agony across her pelt. Xana growled in pain, her damp pelt doing little to protect her. "Leave me alone!" But the fire type only picked up its pace, rushing for what would certainly be a killing blow.

Her vision swamps with nothing but orange. The memory of the fire becoming reality. The smell of ash, the gagging smoke, the sting of fire. It didn't get to kill her before, it was only fair it got her now.
    But pain did not follow, and when Xana realized her eyes had closed and opened them once more it was not a wall of flames before her but the shimmery orange scales of the Servine. Rush stood confidently before her, a thin streak of blood smearing his flank though it was not his. The Litleo was several feet away now, its shoulder sunk in from the Slam. With several harsh flicks of his tail Rush sent a flurry of razor sharp leaves at it, slicing neat scores across its decaying flesh. The undead roared, but could not move with its rotted limb now mangled and useless.

With the threat taken care of for at least a moment the Servine immediately set to freeing the downed Leafeon. Snaking his vines into the syrupy hole he shoveled the mud out with swift motions. Xana's eyes were wide, sparkling with fear. "Pull." He ordered, continuing to shovel mud. The Leafeon's jaw quivered but she did not argue, tugging her leg hard until it came free with a loud squelch. Stumbling backward she struggled to maintain a standing position, mud coating several portions of her fur. With a hard shake mud and water went flying though Xana remained no cleaner. "H-how?" She questioned him, voice shaking from the 'ordeal.' He could school her later- now was not the time. "Can you run?" Testing each paw Xana only winced when her tail twitched. "Yeah.." The Servine points to the ground that was dotted with similar puddles then to the closest alley. "Then run."
    Starbits
    Starbits
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Starbits Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:49 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 Tumblr_npkeaxjTnS1s5iyovo1_r2_400
    Laverre City | Evening | 6

They got in.

Ali thought the barricade would last longer than this, that maybe it wouldn't fall at all.  Maybe they could truly be safe in here until the sun came out--whether that was at dawn or whenever it stopped raining wouldn't matter, as long as it lasted until the sun drove the undead away back to the darkness of wherever the hell those things hid when the light shone.

At the dog's command to flee, Ali wastes no time.  Lisia, in shock, has lept to her feet.  She's shouting a command at Gaia.

"No, we need to go!"   The dragon doesn't even wait for Ali to tell him to do so; he grabs her by the back of her sweater.

"We can't leave them!" Lisia howls, but Gaia will have none of that, thank god.  She pulls Lisia from the building and takes off, the cloud dragon glancing around just for a moment before following after.

Sorry, Lissa...

(Leaving post)

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 RosaChallenge
    oh, captain, let's make a deal
    where we both say the things that we both really feel
    i feel scared and i'm starting to sink
    and i'll only sink deeper the deeper i think

desktop||starbits shop||trainersona
    ♋️19 Badges♋️
    little fairy

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 280
    BatEmmaman
    BatEmmaman
    Ace
    Ace

Post by BatEmmaman Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:37 pm

Laverre City | Night | 3

This was his fault, Bernie realized. If he hadn't called out to the miscolored Umbreon the other might have been safe. He fought off the guilt, it had no use to him now and he needed to get away.

He watched as the others dashed out of the boutique and he followed them, his old age slowing him down. Everyone had separated, going their own way in their attempt to escape. He saw the others fighting infected pokemon during their flight.

He ran slower then the others, and was easily caught by an infected houndour, it was foaming from the mouth, fire mixing with it's drool as it growled at Bernie. The smell of decay hit his weakened sense of smell.

Bernie took a step back from the canine, a weak house cat hiss escaping from him. It charged and Bernie panicked as he used swift on the dog. It knocked it aside, more blood now coating it's dark fur. It stood again.

Bernie searched through his aged mind, he had almost forgotten his attacks back from his prime, it had been so long. As the Houndour rose Bernie stood his ground, planting his claws deep into the hard ground as he scrounged up one of his old moves. Electricity tore through him as a weakened by age thunder shot out at the canine, electrocuting it. The scent of roasted flesh hit him and he rose his lips in disgust before turning back to his escape.

As he turned he saw the pink Umbreon being followed closely by a Primeape and he snarled, running a little faster towards it. He had to be careful, a the fighting pokemon could easily overpower him, but he couldn't leave the pastel pokemon alone.

He charged up and released his power gem move, tripping but not stopping the Primeape. Bernie jumped with frail limbs in front of the Umbreon, blocking her from the infected pokemon.

"Are you okay," he asked, trying to hide how heavy he was breathing.

((OoC i got permission from Nightdaze to about Ali))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:03 am

||Laverre City | Evening||
    ||10 | 10||
    This was bad.

Hide gritted his teeth, his chocolate eyes narrowing as he surveyed the situation. Jumping back to avoid a punch thrown at him from an undead Mr. Mime. Hearing a quick shout from behind him, Hide ducked, watching as Kaneki sailed over him and tackled the Mr. Mime to the ground with a Payback. “Just keep them off yourself, first.” With a nod, Hide jumped forwards to help his beau out with the Mr. Mime, swinging his paw forward as though he was going to give them a right hook, before following through with his Feint by continuing the spin and kicking out, catching the undead in the ribs and sending them crashing to the ground, where Kaneki took no time to launch himself at them, bringing his paws down on their head with a satisfying crunch.

Springing backwards onto his front paws, Hide performed a backwards handspring over an undead Meowth, landing feet-first on their back. The Riolu's weight proved to be too much for the Meowth's back, which snapped under the sudden weight. Finishing it off with a weak Counter, Hide stopped to catch his breath. By this stage, his Protect had been shattered, and although the Riolu was glad for the lessened energy strain, he was worried for the others. Swinging his head to either side, Hide tried to assess the damage done to the building and the group. “Thank you. But this is no time to be a hero - you need to run, fast. I won’t have you dying for me.” The Furfrou was talking to Fuel, trying to get the Leafeon to run. In Hide's eyes, the Riolu had the same opinion.

With a loud sigh, Hide rubbed his muzzle, trying to strive away a headache that was beginning to pulse just between his eyes, a result of him overusing his aura sensors. “This is only a tomb if you lay down and die in it. If you want to live, move! Well, he couldn't argue with that. Shaking his head, Hide was aware of Kaneki returning to his side, the Phanteon's body curling around him to form a protective shield. "How can we run when our only exit is not but suicide!" Whipping his head around, Hide narrowed his eyes at the female Leafeon. "Kaneki and I already said this before, if you are going to run, we will cover your exit. Don't worry about us." He said, patting the taller Phanteon, who playfully bit at Hide's paw.

None of this is Knightly's fault!” Kaneki snapped his head up and narrowed his eyes at the Umbreon. Didn't they just get through why yelling was a bad idea? It would attract more undead to their position. "I never said it was hers." Nodding in agreement, Kaneki moved from his protective state around Hide to force back another undead with a Shadow Ball. While it didn't do much to the Floette, it was enough to warn it away enough for Hide to throw up another Protect wall. “All of this... All... It's my fault. Don't,” Placing his paws against the wall to give it more energy, Hide gritted his teeth and glanced back at the pastel Umbreon. "This is emotional and all, but if you're not going to help, can you hide somewhere were we can protect you, or better yet, run?"

“Don't blame her. I just,” Hide had to suppress his groan, nearly rolling his eyes. And more dramatics it was then. “I just wanted to help.. I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry...” Hide's eyes widened when he realized that the Umbreon had their own ones closed. Don't do that! We're surrounded by undead and you closed your eyes?! He thought hurriedly, stepping back from his Protect shield as an undead Pawniard began to attack it repeatedly, creating dull scratches to appear on the glass-like barrier.

“We don’t have time for this, Ali!” Wincing at the pitch of Knightly's voice, Kaneki almost glared a the Furfrou, but instead he had to force the Pawniard away as it broke through Hide's Protect, making the barrier disappear with a sound not unlike breaking glass. “We have to run, now, do you understand me!?” Forcing the Pawniard to step away, Kaneki pushed it back with multiple Shadow Balls, each one sending the duel type skidding back a few extra meters. The Pawniard was then sent flying off its feet by a Dark Pulse that was sent from Knightly. Kaneki stared at her in a mix of jealousy and appreciation. They needed that help right now. “How ‘bout I cover you?

Kaneki was about to say something when the shiny was yanked backwards suddenly, and he whirled around to help, watching with wide eyes as Knightly twisted out of the undead's grasp and rammed into the skeletal Mightyena with Take Down. Humming his own appreciation for the display of power, Kaneki then returned to his task of keeping the undead off them. Run. The dread in Knightly's voice was almost enough to make him comply with her order, but the Phanteon stood his ground, kicking away a Watchog that had gotten too close for comfort, sending them careening back into an undead Houndour.

Go! Looking around for Knightly, Kaneki was horrified to see the Furfrou in the arms of an undead Gardevoir. Racing forwards to help, Kaneki lunged to try and cover the last few meters when the two disappeared in front of him. They had teleported away, leaving Kaneki standing there in the rain, his eyes wide and breathing irregular. "No..." He breathed, his chest heaving as he began to look around again. "No, no, no no!" How was he going to explain this to Alirah? Spinning back around, Kaneki ran back to the Boutique, just in time to see the human fleeing the scene as well, their pokemon shouted something that Kaneki couldn't hear, and his tails lashed in annoyance. Wasn't anyone going to stay and help?!

"We can't leave them!" With a loud snarl, Kaneki whirled around, spotting a large Primeape advancing on the older Persian and Alirah. His eyes hardened, and the Phanteon picked up a running pace, charging towards the undead. The Persian tripped them up with a Power Gem, but it didn't do much to stop their advance, even as the older cat placed themselves in front of Alirah to protect the pastel Umbreon. "Are you okay?"

Dashing around the two, Kaneki lunged at the Primeape, his tackle empowered by a Payback. The Primeape went to hit Kaneki with a Karate Chop, but the Fighting Type's attack phased right through him, causing the two Pokemon to fall forwards. Jumping away from the Primeape, Kaneki landed neatly in front of the Persian and Alirah. "Keep back. If he lands a hit on either of you, it will hurt. It can't hit me, so I'll be fine. Hide's inside, go stay with him." Kaneki said in a hurried growl, turning his head to glare at Alirah and the Persian with a hard but not unfriendly gaze. "And don't try to be a hero. I've already died once, and I don't want to have to die again saving your asses." He said, turning back around and shooting a Shadow Ball at the Fighting Type. "Now go!"
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:04 am

Laverre City [Boutique] l Night l (16)

Was today their dying day? Would they meet their end because one little Umbreon decided to play a hero when she was nothing but a hindrance? Ali sunk further to the floor as Knightly snapped, “We don’t have time for this, Ali!” The soaking wet fox nodded, “Sorry…”
    “We have to run, now, do you understand me!?” The black Furfrou bolted away, leaving her companion in a daze. Run. Run, she needed to run.
    The guttural sounds of undead snarling and clawing at the walls did not cease. It only grew louder, as the windows became a target too. Lightly, there was a clink, and then another. And another.

Alirah hadn’t noticed until it was barreling at her in a storm of glass and debris. A monster broke through the window and was reaching at her with fingerless hands clenching and opening. “Knight--” The Umbreon froze. Her dark savior was gone.
    She made a split second decision; the Primeape was racing at her with blood leaking from it’s nose and flesh colored eyes staring into her soul, she had to move. In mid jump, she plummeted down, landing right on top of the Fighting-type. She scrambled frantically as it grasped her back ankle. Without thinking, she phased away from it with a Feint Attack. Lucky thing she didn’t think before she acted - that probably saved her life.

She bounded out the broken window, “Knightly? Knightly?!” Her friend did not respond to her calls. Knightly! A ferocious sound behind her, even above the pounding rain, told her that the Primeape wasn’t quite done with her. It fell out the window, bloodied with shards of glass protruding from it’s fur. Pushing itself up with a snap of joints, it froze for a moment, studying her and just… staring. With a face turned into a hateful, hungry scowl, it advanced even faster than before. Ali jumped, moving as quickly as her paws would grant, the Primeape right behind her.

Knightly, I‘m gonna die! Please, please help me…! Ali kept running until her pace slowed and eventually her paws just came to a stop. Her chest heaved and her legs buckled. Too… too much. She couldn’t run anymore. Knightly… Before it could get any closer, it was stalled some type of move. A creamy form landed between the Primeape and Ali, asking, "Are you okay,"

“I-- I… I‘m… Yes,” she stuttered, “Please, don’t let it hurt you, mister!” What happened next was a blur, a dark form crashed into the Fighting-type with a powerful move. “Knightly!” Alirah grinned, “You‘re oka--” "Keep back. If he lands a hit on either of you, it will hurt. It can't hit me, so I'll be fine. Hide's inside, go stay with him." Kaneki recovered from a physical move and landed just ahead of Ali and the Persian, further proving this thing had no effect on him. But Ali’s heart sunk. It wasn’t Knightly. ”Kan--” Alirah bit her lip as the stronger Eeveelution ordered, "And don't try to be a hero. I've already died once, and I don't want to have to die again saving your asses."

Alirah was about to repeat herself, where was Knightly?? Her eyes trailed from the ground to Kaneki as he threw a Shadow Ball at the Primeape. "Now go!" There… there was no choice… She was just a liability here. And she couldn’t let the Persian get hurt. “Follow me, mister…!”

((OoC - Emma, Ali is gonna lead them to the Boutique, through a broken window all incognito-like lol. You have permission from me to say she did so. Or if that doesn’t work, we can try something else! ^^))
    BatEmmaman
    BatEmmaman
    Ace
    Ace

Post by BatEmmaman Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:43 pm

Laverre City | Night | 4

"Follow me mister..!"

Bernie followed the pink umbreon, throwing a look over his shoulder at the ghost pokemon. He hoped he would be okay, he helped him out after all.

It didn't take Bernie long to realize where they were headed, and he hissed, "We're going back to the boutique? Are you crazy?"

"I-it's okay mister, it'll be safer there, or I-I think it will be," the pastel pokemon replied nervously.

Bernie shook his head but followed her anyway, it couldn't be worse then standing out in the open for all the infected to see them. He stared around as they walked, the last thing he needed was to be surprise attacked.

He shivered thinking about attacking the Houndour and how long it had been since he had been in a fight. His trainer had been retired for so long he was surprised he even remembered what to do. But it was natural, an instinct he'd never truly forget.

"How do you expect us to get inside?" Bernie asked sharply as they neared the building.

"Ah I-I don't know," Alirah replied. She looked around nervously, "Oh! There should be a broken window around back, we can get in that way mister!"

Bernie nodded and continued to follow her behind the building until they reached said window. It was low enough to the ground for his old legs to allow him into. He watched as the Umbreon prepared to leap through it and he prepared himself to follow.

((OoC -I hope this is kind of what you planned? Let me know if you want me to fix anything. (I have permission to write Ali))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:38 am

||Laverre City | Night||
    ||11 | 11||
    Jumping to the side, Kaneki hissed lowly, watching as Alirah and the Persian ran off. Good. Now that they're out of the picture... A large grin found its way to the Phanteon's face. "Lets have some fun." He said, lunging straight for the Primeape with a loud snarl. They reacted with a Focus Punch, but the attack had no effect on the ghost as he phased right through the punch and landed on the Pig Monkey's face, all four paws sinking their needle-sharp claws into it's decaying flesh.

With quick, fluid motions, Kaneki raked his back claws down the undead's face, tearing off large bloody chunks, coating his underbelly, paws and face with decaying blood that was made slick from the rain that was pouring around him. The Primeape screeched loudly, gaining the attention of other undead in the area as they slipped on their own blood, bringing Kaneki down to the ground as the undead and ghost toppled over. Charging a Shadow Ball, Kaneki shot it point-blank into the Primeape's screeching mouth, and the resulting splatter of blood from it's head exploding was enough to send chunks of skull and brain matter onto the walls of the Boutique.

Now coated in gore and decay, Kaneki stood up from the corpse of the Primeape, his red tails lashing wildly as his eyes sparked with the thrill of battle. Letting out a dark chuckle, Kaneki raced forwards towards an Espurr which was limping towards him. Jumping over them, Kaneki landed and spun around, lashing out with a front paw and hitting the Espurr with a Payback. The Psychic type toppled forwards, hitting the ground face-first. Not giving it time to react, Kaneki jumped onto it, his weight crushing the smaller pokemon until he felt the spine crack under his paws. A wide grin had now formed on the Phanteon's muzzle, and instead of being playful like the were before, the ghost's eyes held something that was almost crazed.

Hide sighed and looked away from the window where he had been observing Kaneki fight. He knew the ghost would be fine - he just didn't want others to get hurt while he fought. The Riolu had managed to get the door back up to cover the gaping hole that was the doorway, and just on the inside was an obvious orange shimmer as Hide fortified the door's defense with his Protect as he worked on trying to repair what he could and board up what he couldn't. He heard the muffled conversation of the pastel Umbreon and the Persian, and leaving his task, Hide dropped his Protect and made his way over to the window, poking his head up just to make sure it was them and not an unwanted guest.

"Ah. If I had known you were coming back in here, I would have left the door for a moment. Are any of you hurt?" He asked, clearing the floor from shattered glass and other hazards. He then flicked some glass off the window and stepped back, satisfied that it wasn't as dangerous to jump through. "Don't worry about Kaneki, he can take care of himself." He added, picking up a discarded jacket and wrapping the over-sized article of clothing around himself to warm up. Kaneki would be done out there soon, and the Riolu hoped that he had the decency to clean off before he came back inside. The last thing they needed was rotting undead meat in here to attract the other undead.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Laverre City [Boutique] l Night l (17)

Arguably, it could've been going worse. Or better. Heck, the world could've not ended; that would've been cool too. Ali and the elderly kitty were insidiously-enough moving along, until danger reared it's head. “Eep!” She squeaked, tripping over herself and nearly falling flat on her face as something popped it's face out the window of the Boutique. "Ah. If I had known you were coming back in here, I would have left the door for a moment. Are any of you hurt?" Oh... It was Kaneki's friend. Ali stared dumbly for a moment, processing his words in the gears of her mind. “U-uh, I'm okay,” Ali stammered, glancing back to the Persian. “Mister, are you...?”

The Riolu plinked! some standing glass from the window, moving away so that the short-statured Umbreon could jump through. At best, she nearly made it, her paws landing on the frame and pushing her off into the Boutique. “Your friend, though!” Alirah said in a hushed whisper, “He helped us, and now he's outside fighting!”
    "Don't worry about Kaneki, he can take care of himself." The Riolu was unbelievably calm, picking up a coat from the floor and covering up-- what had he and Kaneki gone through that this was fiddle faddle? “Ah... Achoo!” Ali sneezed daintily, her little pink form freezing now that she'd stopped to think how darn cold it was. “Excuse me.”
    BatEmmaman
    BatEmmaman
    Ace
    Ace

Post by BatEmmaman Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:31 am

Laverre City| Boutique | Night | 5

"Eep," squeaked the Umbreon as she tripped over herself as she saw the Riolu peeking it's face through the window.

"Ah. If I had known you were coming back in here, I would have left the door for a moment. Are any of you hurt?"

" “U-uh, I'm okay,” Ali stammered. She glanced back at Bernie.  "Mister, are you...?"

Bernie grunted in reply. Plink, and the remaining glass fell away.

He watched as the Umbreon jumped and slipped before catching herself and slipping into the boutique.

He looked at the window warily, didn't these kids know he was old? He wished he could risk going around front and walking through the door. His hips hurt just looking at the window.

To hell with it, Bernie thought, ignoring the two talking inside.

He braced himself before pouncing up to the window, just barely catching it before he slipped (or fell) to the floor inside. He attempted to hide his embarassment at falling by snarling at the pain in his bones and the still healing cuts on his pads.

“Ah... Achoo!” The Umbreon sneezed, making Bernie jump slightly. "Excuse me."

Bernie lowered himself until he was lying down, attemping to rest his old bones, even for just a moment. He needed a moment.

((OoC: I'm so sorry again, I hadn't predicted my laptop would die like that.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:40 am

||Laverre City | Night||
    ||12 | 12||
    Hide listened closely as the Umbreon confirmed that they were okay.  Well, at lest Kaneki had stayed true on his word - Hide knew that the ghost would never forgive himself if someone got hurt when he was around. “U-uh, I'm okay,” Smiling, Hide went and grabbed a sheet that had once been used to cover the clothing and brought it to the window, waiting for the others to get in so that they could dry off. "Mister, are you...?" All that the two got as an affirmative grunt from the Persian.

The pastel Umbreon jumped into the Boutique, and Hide stepped forwards to catch the Eeveelution when they almost fell, sighing in relief when they quickly recovered and jumped into the building. Handing the blanket to the Umbreon, Hide turned around when he heard a loud scuffle of the aging Persian literally falling into the building. They tried to cover their pain with a loud snarl, but Hide was already at almost their side, but hesitated at the last few paces.

"A-ah, sir are you okay? I know a little bit of first-aid, not much but it's usually enough." His chocolate eyes wide as he looked over the older cat. Besides the cut paws and the large-ish gash along their shoulder, the older cat seemed alright, just bruised.

“Ah... Achoo!”

Hide yelped quietly and turned around, startled by the Umbreon's quiet sneeze. He soon realized this and bashfully rubbed the back of his head, an awkward grin growing on his face. "Excuse me." Chuckling lightly, Hide grabbed another thick jacket and offered it to the Persian. "Here, you should be able to keep warm with this on." He offered, looking above the Persian to observe Kaneki as the Phanteon fought.

The Phanteon was having the time of his life, honestly. His red eye flashed as he used Detect, dodging around the attack of a Meowstic, phasing through their Barrier and striking them hard with Payback. The bipedal cat wheeled back, tripping on its own entrails and falling back, which Kaneki took no time in wasting, launching onto it's stomach feet first, his sharp claws raking through the rotting skin and  puncturing the lungs, heart and diaphragm of the Meowstic.

Spinning in place and further mutilating the innards of the undead, Kaneki brought one of his back paws around with another Payback, cleanly cutting the Psychic's neck and spine. Looking around, the Phanteon discovered that the place was mostly cleaned out, save for a few undead that were either feasting on the slain or were keeping a sensible distance from the Ghost. Disappointed, Kaneki frowned, his tails drooping slightly. Finally, Kaneki decided that he wasn't going to get anymore undead toys, and the Ghost shook himself off, the blood that had stuck to his fur slid off his fur as he turned himself slightly ethereal, and now clean of most blood, Kaneki walked towards the Boutique, bunching his muscles and jumping through the window.

Landing just beside Hide, Kaneki stretched, his lithe form moving in such a way that it showed off the various markings he had, as well as a few mostly hidden scars. His tails arched over his back, before falling back down to kiss the floor. With a quiet purr, Kaneki literally rubbed his entire frame - which was still soaked - against Hide, who exclaimed in exhasperation, "Dammit Kaneki, I just got dry!"

The Phanteon gave Hide a grin, showing off his sharp teeth. "I know, that's why I did it." He said, and Hide rolled his eyes, tapping the Phanteon on the nose with the metal nubs on the back of his paws.

"You're a dick."
    "But I'm your dick."
    "I hate you."
    "No you don't."

Knowing he wasn't going to win this battle, Hide rolled his eyes and found an area to sit down. The Riolu sighed and rubbed his muzzle, just between his eyes. Kaneki came and joined the small Fighting Type, curling around the other shiny and placing his head between his white-banded paws, eyeing the Persian wearily. Hide sighed and lazily combed the Phanteon's fur with a paw. "So, I'm Hide, a good friend of Kaneki's. Uh, I don't think I know your names."

At the mention of names, Kaneki seemed to perk up. His white gaseous ears lowered slightly, and the Phanteon looked towards Alirah, but wouldn't meet the Umbreon's eyes. "A-about Knightly..." He began, a frown forming on his face. "I couldn't get to her in time. I was fighting an undead, and I heard her cry out. When I looked, a Gardevoir had her." Sucking in a breath, Kaneki had to lean into Hide's side to continue. "I tried to get to them in time, but the Gardevoir used Teleport, and the two of them were gone before I was even able to finish my jump." He finished, waiting for the accusing remarks from the Umbreon, that he should've been faster, that he should've kept a closer eye on the Furfrou, another reminder that he couldn't save everyone.

Hide's orange furred arms surrounded the Phanteon's chest, the white gas around his throat and chest billowing up around the Riolu's paws and arms like a fire. "Calm down, Kaneki." The Riolu whispered to the Phanteon, who glanced at the Fighting Type and sighed lightly. There were times where he felt like he didn't deserve such an understanding friend. Now wasn't any different . Mumbling a quiet thank-you, Kaneki turned his eyes back to Alirah, waiting for her reaction.

Last edited by Duma on Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:55 pm

Laverre City [Boutique] l Night l (18)

So, from the point of view of the undersized pink Umbreon, tonight had been bad and continued spiraling downward; it was the dead of night and their shelter had been wrecked. And it was storming. Storming. But Kaneki and Knightly were nearby, they would for sure know what to do. But Alirah was pretty sure she had caught a cold. Stupid weather, stupid temperatures. It was all stupid, Ali concluded as she brooded.

The blanket Hide offered her became a fortress as a dark creature leapt into the window near her, the Umbreon giving a yelp and tucking herself under it as though she instantly became invisible. "Dammit Kaneki, I just got dry!" Hide groaned. Kaneki! Alirah beamed, grinning as she bolted out of the cover of her blanket. He was alright, thank Legends. "I know, that's why I did it." Kaneki’s lightly accented voice remarked, Ali giving a giggle as they playfully argued.
    "So, I'm Hide, a good friend of Kaneki's. Uh, I don't think I know your names." The Riolu brushed his paw through Kaneki’s fur, leaving Ali wondering what it was like to touch a ghost. Her head tilted a bit to the left with a playful smile. “My name is Alirah! But my friends call me Ali. Which means you can call me Ali too, if you want.” Her poofy tail swished side to side a little, “The Furfrou‘s name is Knightly! She‘s my best friend.”

"A-about Knightly..." Kaneki had a look of… dread? Why? "I couldn't get to her in time. I was fighting an undead, and I heard her cry out. When I looked, a Gardevoir had her." Alirah’s heart dropped so hard, she could’ve sworn it was on the floor with blood and entrails. "I tried to get to them in time, but the Gardevoir used Teleport, and the two of them were gone before I was even able to finish my jump." The Phanteon was genuinely distressed, and though Ali hadn’t known him long, he didn’t seem like the type to just lie about something like this.

Alirah’s chest tightened and a breath just wouldn’t come. Her eyes moved from Kaneki, to the floor, the Umbreon’s eyes void of tears; she had used them all up tonight. “W-why…” She whimpered, her paws clenching so tightly that her nails dug into her pads. “She‘s all I have left… the only one who cares about me…”

She flattened herself to the floor, wrapping her tail around her body. “I.. I don‘t understand. Why did this… have to happen? Is it my fault, too?”
    BatEmmaman
    BatEmmaman
    Ace
    Ace

Post by BatEmmaman Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:10 pm

Laverre City| Boutique | Night | 6

"Dammit Kaneki, I just got dry!"

"I know, that's why I did it."

Bernie looked between the two friends and then looked away, bored. Everything had been so excited and now that it had calmed down he honestly didn't know what to do. But he did know he was thankful for the quiet.

And the background of the two bickering friends was nice, he had another elderly pokemon that had lived near him back then, and he reveled in their friendly fighting until the other had passed away.

"So, I'm Hide, a good friend of Kaneki's. Uh, I don't think I know your names."

Bernie focused back on him as the Umbreon said, “My name is Alirah! But my friends call me Ali. Which means you can call me Ali too, if you want.”

Before Bernie could add in his name, Ali continued.

“The Furfrou‘s name is Knightly! She‘s my best friend.”

"A-about Knightly," Said the ghost. Bernie could tell this wasn't going to be pretty. "I couldn't get to her in time. I was fighting an undead, and I heard her cry out. When I looked, a Gardevoir had her."

He called it

"I tried to get to them in time, but the Gardevoir used Teleport, and the two of them were gone before I was even able to finish my jump."

Whoo boy it was worse then he thought. He looked at the pink Umbreon, knowing already what her expression would be.

“W-why…” she whimpered. “She‘s all I have left… the only one who cares about me…”

Bernie stared at her worriedly and considered comforting her as she flattened herself to the ground and wrapped her tail around herself. He wouldn't be any help but he could try. He wagged his tail in irritation at himself, he'd never been any good at the mushy shit.

“I.. I don‘t understand. Why did this… have to happen? Is it my fault, too?”

Finally, Bernie pushed himself to his feet and slowly crept towards her. "Of course it's not your fault," he croaked, his voice surprisingly sturdy. He sat next to her, just barely brushing her. "If anything it's my fault.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:23 am

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 AyJK9bl
    Laverre City|Night

Barry arrived in Laverre as he began his search for Jill and Chris. The Umbreon clueless to their whereabouts began searching the city from the entrance. It was storming outside and Barry was taking advantage of the rain and lightning to see around corners. His red eyes looking around searching for any survivors as well. "Chris! Jill! Where are you? Give me a sign!" Only thing that replied was a rumble of thunder. The rain began getting heavier as it started making it more difficult to see where he's going. "I better find some shelter and call it a night. If I keep this up I'll end up getting lost." The eeveelution looked around pushing against doors seeing if they'd budge. Most of them was boarded up and locked. Some had holes in the wood showing bullet holes. Others was forced open by the undead. The Umbreon readied a dark pulse as he slowly walked through the desolate city. After passing a house, a houndour comes outside. Its eyes devoid of any life and its ribs showing through the chewed up meat on its side. Barry turned around seeing it wander aimlessly away.

A sigh of releif came over the Umbreon as he heads towards a Boutique. It was the only structure that looked like it was still standing in this mess. The Dark type continued to walk towards the building as lightning continued to flash overhead. Finally, as he reached the boutique he started hearing voices coming from inside. It sounded like there was survivors in their and it was probably the best place to stay the night until dawn. "Is someone in there?" Barry asked. The Umbreon started pressing against the door as it began to open. It was dark inside, but thankfully with his yellow rings glowing he was able to make out faces of the other pokemon inside. "Thank Arceus your alive. The name's Barry." Said the Umbreon as he shook his wet fur to dry it out. "How long have you been here and is there any other survivors?" Asking them for information if anyone else is alive.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:05 pm

||Laverre City | Night||
    ||13 | 13||
    The Umbreon's enthusiasm was almost contagious for Hide, who grinned widely at Alirah.“My name is Alirah! But my friends call me Ali. Which means you can call me Ali too, if you want.” His own orange furred tail thumping twice against the floorboards, Hide waved with a grin. “The Furfrou‘s name is Knightly! She‘s my best friend.” Hide felt Kaneki stiffen, his own eyes falling. After his spiel, Hide could see Alirah visibly droop.

“W-why…” Kaneki's teetch clenched to tight he felt something creak. Breathing in a deep sigh, Kaneki let it out in a quiet, long, drawn-out hiss. “She‘s all I have left… the only one who cares about me…” His spectral ears falling, Kaneki looked away from the scene, his own gaze falling to the floor, waiting for the scorn that he wasn't getting. Perhaps they were going to wait until he had his guard down? “I.. I don‘t understand. Why did this… have to happen? Is it my fault, too?” Flicking one ear, Kaneki's eyes widened, and he opened his jaws slightly as the Phanteon gasped lightly. Here was this small Umbreon who loved her friend, and he was the one who failed, taking the blame for his failure? The Phanteon bit his lip, turning his head away.

Hide watched with a sad expression as the Persian walked over to Alirah, sitting down next to the curled up ball or pastel fur. "Of course it's not your fault," With a sigh, Hide looked back at Kaneki, nudging the Phanteon. He turned to face Hide, who grabbed his cheeks in his paws, tilting the Phanteon's black furred head down so that he could press their foreheads together. He stared at Kaneki's surprised expression for a moment, before releasing the Phanteon and pulling him closer in a hug. He knew that even if the Phanteon didn't say it, he would need reassuring that it wasn't his fault.

"If anything it's my fault. Getting to his paws, Kaneki paced over to the other two Pokemon, stopping only a few feet away. "I may not have been able to protect everyone, but I swear on whatever I have left that substitutes for a life, I won't let anyone else get hurt. That includes you, Alirah. If you'll let me, I can be your friend and guardian, like Knightly was." He said, his ear flicking as he heard the newly-repaired door creak open. Turning his head to look, Kaneki's eye flashed with a Detect, and he turned, pacing over to block Hide and Alirah from view from whoever it was that had entered their shelter.

"Is someone in there?" His eyes locking onto a yellow glow, Kaneki's eyes narrowed, watching as an Umbreon came into view. With a flick of his tails, the Phanteon paced up to the Umbreon, looking them up and down with a searching gaze. They looked clean, and their red eyes weren't glowing, so he ruled them as safe for now. "Thank Arceus you're alive. The name's Barry." Narrowing his gaze, the Phanteon nodded, replying curtly, "I'm Kaneki."

"How long have you been here and is there any other survivors?" Turning away, Kaneki returned to Hide's side, plopping down beside the Riolu. "My friend and I only recently arrived. There was a group of us, but... Complications came up and now it's only us." He replied, turning away.

"You've caught us at a bad time, so you'll have to excuse Kaneki's curtness. I'm Hide." The Riolu explained, running his paw down Kaneki's side, his short, stubby claws drawing patterns in the Phanteon's fur. "We're friendly, Kaneki's just a little protective is all." He added, grinning at the Phanteon who glared at him. Hide shrugged and poked his tongue out teasingly at the ghost. They needed something to break the tension that had hung in the air, and the arrival of Barry seemed to have done just that.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:11 am

Laverre City [Boutique] l Night l (19)

Her new friends' reassurance that she hadn't completely damned her best friend did not calm the aching void in her heart. Her nose twitched lightly on her paws as the elderly kitty spoke, "Of course it's not your fault," She blinked softly, looking at him in the eyes and quickly darting her sight away. "If anything it's my fault." Feeling died a little more in Ali's heart as the Persian himself took the blame. She didn't want words that couldn't fix what she had caused; she wasn't a child. “No, mister, it's... not your fault at all.”

I keep making mistakes... Knightly, come back. I'll try harder. We, we can be happy again.

The nights ahead were going to be cold. Lonely and fearful. There would be no dark savior to tell her she only had a nightmare, or to wrap her tail around her as she shook. She knew she was going to look, to ask Knightly and there would be nothing but the ghost of a memory. The Umbreon's body felt numb. The prickly feeling of the cold gouging at her skin was gone and she stared into oblivion.

Kaneki padded to just before Ali and the kitty at her side. Her eyes slid up at the Haunted Pokémon and her collar shifted on her neck as she looked at the taller Eeveelution. "I may not have been able to protect everyone, but I swear on whatever I have left that substitutes for a life, I won't let anyone else get hurt." Kaneki was everything Ali couldn't be. She desperately wanted to be someone who could say that, to be brave and strong enough to be a protector, but... she knew she'd always be a helpless kit despite her physical age.

As though Alirah wasn't already at a loss for something to say in her river of self-pity, Kaneki comforted and broke her further beginning in the first four words:  That includes you, Alirah. If you'll let me, I can be your friend and guardian, like Knightly was." Alirah recoiled slightly into herself, lowering her head. “I don't deserve a friend like you.” She forced a smile, a failed lie that she wasn't dying inside, “I don't want you... Or Hide, or Mister to get hurt... I-I would rather be alone than for any of you to hate me because I caused something bad. I don't want that.”

Creeeeaaaakkkk!

The door whined as it opened, something (or someone, rather?) calling out a question Ali missed. She stood up on her paws, staying alongside Hide even as Kaneki moved away from his place separating them from the could-be threat to even inspect the glowing creature. "Thank Arceus you're alive. The name's Barry." He had red eyes... But he looked like Ali. Kinda. And as far as she knew, her species - aside from her - naturally had red eyes. Her fur relaxed a little on her shoulders as Kaneki returned to Hide's side.

"How long have you been here and is there any other survivors?" The other Umbreon asked. Ali felt herself growing irritated uncharacteristically. She was generally easy to get along with, but the questioning off the bat towards a fresh wound was like salt in it. "My friend and I only recently arrived. There was a group of us, but... Complications came up and now it's only us." Kaneki answered matter-of-factly.
    Ali's teeth clenched a bit. Complications. That was one way to put it... Luckily for the two Shiny Eeveelutions, Hide took the role of conversationalist. "We're friendly, Kaneki's just a little protective is all."

Alirah watched blankly as Hide playfully mocked his Phanteon friend, something she generally would've taken great amusement in and maybe joined, but much like the Ghost, she didn't see any humor through the constricting air.

“Hey, Kaneki,” Ali whispered to the Ghost-type. “Did you see what happened to the leafy Eevee and the orange... Um... You know, orange one she was with. I didn't see if they made it okay or not.”
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:25 pm

Laverre City | Night [Raining/Fog]
    Rush - 15 | Xana - 34

The plant guy could run a lot faster then Xana expected. She followed close behind as he ran, the pair keeping to alleys and sides of structures. At each corner Rush would stop for a moment, strafe, and keep going. Though he kept a good pace the Leafeon found herself confused; Rush was not moving in a straight line, his path utterly serpentine and disorientating. How does he know where he's going!? How long had he been in this city to know the terrain? "Whe.. where are we going?" Her words come out in a heavy pant, breathless. If nothing else he could of picked a better pa- "East." The serpent replies curtly.

What!? She had been headed west [or at least she thought she was] so all he had done was turn her around! Thats not a location, its a direction! Did he have no clue where he was going!? Digging her paws into the dirt the Leafeon skids to a rough stop. "East? What do you mean east!" She snaps suspiciously. Was this some sort of trap or was he just an idiot? The Servine stops at the next corner when he notices his charge has stopped moving. "East. The direction the sun rises." Xana's brown eyes narrow. Did he think he was clever? Taking one threatening step forward Xana rises her tail high in the air, barking, "Where are you taking me!?" It had been such a shit day the last thing she needed was another bastard trying to fuck her over.

Rush showed no sign of intimidation, his cold face unmoved. "To the eastern gate, the next route." The Leafeon did not answer. "I told you before if you don't want to die you'll listen to me. The-" "You don't even know where you are going!" Xana swiftly cut him off, her voice raised. The Servine flinches, not from the sharpness of her reply but the volume. The sound gave the slightest bounce off the nearby walls and there seemed to be a glimmer of satisfaction in her eyes. Was she trying to bring the undead to them after he had worked so hard to lose them and stay hidden!? "Im trying to get you out of this place alive." He snaps, venom in his forcibly hushed tone, "I could be well away from this place by now, I could of let that Litleo bite you, I could of left you stuck in the mud like a creature who is lower then dirt to feed whatever sorry thing passed by next." He steps forward with each word until his long snout nearly brushes the fox's. Fear sparkles brightly in her brown gaze, her legs crumpling low to the ground. Straightening his spine the starter Pokemon stands tall above her pitiful one. "Im trying to help you you pathetic cur."

The Leafeon didn't answer him but she was shaking, harshly, fight still possible from her body language through she was submitting. Grow a spine. Maybe he finally got through her thick skull. He points to the foggy area at the end of the alley with one leafen hand. "At the end of this stretch is the gate. You can stay here or wait there if you have the balls to walk in the open."

((Im having a horribly hard time finding an in-character way to make them stay that wont fuck things over.))
    BatEmmaman
    BatEmmaman
    Ace
    Ace

Post by BatEmmaman Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:02 pm

Laverre City| Boutique | Night | 7

Bernie stared mournfully at the curled up Umbreon, he didn't know what to do. He was never good at this.

"I may not have been able to protect everyone, but I swear on whatever I have left that substitutes for a life, I won't let anyone else get hurt."

Bernie looked at the ghost for a moment before turning back to the pink pokemon.

That includes you, Alirah. If you'll let me, I can be your friend and guardian, like Knightly was."

He couldn't quite tell if this was a good or bad thing to say to the mourning Umbreon, but by the recoil he figured it probably wasn't good.

“I don't deserve a friend like you. “I don't want you... Or Hide, or Mister to get hurt... I-I would rather be alone than for any of you to hate me because I caused something bad. I don't want that.”

The door creaked as it opened and Bernie jumped slightly, alarmed. "Is someone in there?" Surprised, Bernie just watched as the ghost walked up to the newcomer. "Thank Arceus you're alive. The name's Barry."

"I'm Kaneki," the ghost said curtly.

"How long have you been here and is there any other survivors?"

Bernie winced, it was a little too soon for the question.

"My friend and I only recently arrived. There was a group of us, but... Complications came up and now it's only us."

"You've caught us at a bad time, so you'll have to excuse Kaneki's curtness. I'm Hide." The Riolu grinned at ran a paw over his friend's side. "We're friendly, Kaneki's just a little protective is all."

Bernie chuckled quietly, amused at the friends. He ignored the pang he got thinking about the old friends back home who he had a similar relationship with.

The elderly cat stood and stretched his achy limbs before taking a few steps towards the new Umbreon. Before getting to him he gave up and laid back down instead.

"I'm Bernie," he said to the newcomer through a yawn.
    ShadowCharizard
    ShadowCharizard
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by ShadowCharizard Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:30 pm

(ACE) The LAVERRE Team - Page 4 AyJK9bl
    Laverre City Boutique|Night

It was right there when Barry first seen a Phanteon though as much as it seemed he was being inspected for any signs of the virus. Then, the Phanteon spoke to him. "I'm Kaneki." Said the Phanteon though one if its eyes looked red and the other one normal. Perhaps a strange mutation in its eyes? "My friend and I only recently arrived. There was a group of us, but... Complications came up and now it's only us." Barry couldn't imagine what must of happened. Judging from way it looks they must have had a fight with the infected. As his duty as an officer though he must protect these pokemon from any further undead that roam the streets. The Umbreon looked over seeing another Umbreon but with a pink color to her and white rings. A different shiny from what he normally knows about. Then a Riolu spoke up while the Phanteon Kaneki lays down. "You've caught us at a bad time, so you'll have to excuse Kaneki's curtness. I'm Hide." A young one still alive in this nightmare? At least now Barry has found a youth that is willing to fight against the undead.

The Dark Type must have came in at a bad time with the events going on at the moment. Of course though questions would have to wait till things settle down with the situation they're having. "We're friendly, Kaneki's just a little protective is all." At least Barry knows now that the Phanteon was protecting the Riolu. Of course though there was one other survivor in the boutique as well. A Persian was there as well, but from what it looked like this must be an elderly one. The Umbreon wondered how long has this cat survived. "I'm Bernie," With a nod Barry was introduced to everyone except for the pink umbreon. She however was whispering something into the ghost eeveelution's ear though it was hard to make out since it was rather quiet to the point where the umbreon couldn't hear. Barry walked up the pink umbreon and asked her. "I'm here to help you in whatever it is you need and what's your name Miss?" The Umbreon offered his help to them in an attempt to find out if they have seen an Absol and a human pass by.

Barry laid down to rest for a bit since he was walking all day. A loud crack of thunder reminded him of one of the investigations he was in with Chris and Jill. This storm isn't letting up. Its going to hard to find Chris and Jill at this rate. Listening to the rainfall on the roof of the building was calming. The Umbreon hasn't heard that since he was with Jill. "Sorry I asked a question to soon, I was looking for a human and a Absol. Thought that they may have came through here." Said the Eeveelution. Looking back to Hide, he wondered how old Hide is and where is his parents. It was a question for another time when they get more comfortable with him around.
    Dazey
    Dazey
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dazey Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:41 am

Laverre City [Boutique] l Night l (20)

He showed no signs of ill intentions, but the mere idea of this Umbreon approaching her freaked Alirah out. "I'm here to help you in whatever it is you need and what's your name Miss?" Miss...? Despite his good manners and forward offer to help, Ali moved a little towards Kaneki. “I'm-- um... I...” She stuttered, unable to find her own name in the maze of thoughts in her head.

The midnight Umbreon - Barry - was relaxed enough around them to lay himself down in the floor. Either this guy was really strong or he was too trusting. Or both? Ali shook her head around a little, bringing herself out of her random thoughts.
    "Sorry I asked a question to soon, I was looking for a human and a Absol. Thought that they may have came through here." He was looking for someone too? Alirah took in a heavy breath; she wasn't good at all with this stuff, but she was going to try. “Um... It's fine. My name is Alirah.” Best to start with a name since he did ask, and she could only stutter. “T-there was a human here earlier, but I don't know where she... went.”

Of course you don't know, you idiot. You don't even know where Knightly is, and don't forget, it's your fault.

Absol were those fluffy, white Pokémon, right? Alirah wasn't super good with species, but she was about fifty percent sure that's what they looked like. “I don't think she had an Absol with her, though. She had lots of dragons.”
    Ali's mind, as selfish as it was, kept wandering back to his offer to help. Could she really use Barry to find Knightly? Was that completely terrible? “Uh... B-Barry?” She used her paw to fiddle with her collar nervously, “My friend... She got attacked by a Gardevoir, and they Teleported away... She's a black Furfrou.”

“I-if you're looking for someone too, maybe we could help each other?” At least if she helped him in return, she wouldn't feel so utterly terrible. “Anyways... I don't know if anyone else has a place to go, so if you want, you're all welcome here in the Boutique. I know a little about this city, so we can make a run for food when the storm passes. Um... if that's okay, I mean...”
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:12 am

Laverre City | Night [Raining/Fog]
    Rush - 16 | Xana - 35

Xana stared bitterly at the Servine. What was he playing at.. who did he think he was to call her pathetic. No sympathy shone in his glistening red eyes. He said it himself; he could of left her. So why was he trying to get her out? Why did he give a shit about her to the point of risking himself against a fire type and leading her out of the city!? You don't even know me. None of the other Pokemon had even ran this way nor was he trying to get them. What made her so 'privileged'?

While she may of been crouched low to the ground with her long ears flat against her skull the Leafeon was brimming with indignation. The rain and mud had slicked her pelt against her skin once again, showing her bones as they jutted from her fur, but her chocolate eyes still shot dangers at the starter. Her muscles where tense, hunches poised to leap right at his throat and rip off one of those stupid leaf-protrusion-things. However, despite the temptation, she controls herself. I'll show you. Rising firmly to her paws the Verdant Pokemon stands firmly before the Servine, head held high, tail raised, and fear squashed. "I don't need you to hold my paw." She scoffs, holding his gaze before rounding past the Servine to the end of the alley.

In truth the open street was daunting, if not terrifying. It was painfully empty, void of anything to hide behind except the thick fog that seemed to billow about everywhere. Anything could be lost in those clouds just past her visual reach, ready to pounce once an unexpecting Pokemon blundered past. I just have to run, quietly. And with my ears up. Waiting at the corner Xana can feel her paws trembling. The building she was supposedly aiming for was nothing but a shadow at the edge of the fog. Why was he sending her first? But as she peeks forward the Servine walks up beside her, ready to go on her movement. Suddenly she was the leader and it made things all the more sketch. You better be right. With a sharp breath in the Leafeon sprints forward. Icy cold water splashed up around her paws, chilling her already sodden fur even further. The fog swirled heavy around her, blinding and dense, but she did not stop.

While Xana's pawsteps made heavy splashes Rush's thin feet did not. He was nearly silent in comparison, his long body falling forward in a streamline motion. Picking up speed he makes his way in front of her, holding the pace she set as they neared the gate. Staring hard as it came into view he can see that one door is broken, the top hinge rusted away and hanging the door at an awkward angle. He does not stop. Its open. Veering to the side so he as lined up with the opening Rush puts in a small burst of speed and passes the slim threshold first. Xana rushes in after him only a few moments later but does not stop. Letting his vines lip free the serpent pulls the broken door closed as best he can; the less it looked passable the less undead would try to follow. He only spends a moment on it before running after the Leafeon and onto the next route.

((Well, I kind of backed myself into a corner. Nothing in-character worked out so this a leaving post ;  ; I was going to team switch someone in but I dont know who right now so I may be back later~))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 pm