Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

+6
Requiem
Kaze
Duma
Nightfall
Drago
renegade
10 posters

(ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

(ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team  - Page 4 Empty Re: (ACE) The SHIPWRECK Team

Post by Dandelion Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Vermillion Harbor [Caverns] | Early Afternoon
    Saferi - Post Fifteen || Bell - Post Thirty-six

"Mr. Thorn, your sure do have perfect timing. We were just discussing how to get rid of those demons ourselves. Pardon my manners--I'm Aqua. I'm willing to bet you had the same 'fiendly' greeting the rest of us here had." The burn running along the eels body still stung fiercely, her other wounds throbbing once more with remembrance. Gods I hate those things. At least that was something she could get the others to agree with her on. "Yeah, I tried talking to them before I realized that they were nuts. They kept throwing rocks at me and managed to confuse me." The Huntail snorted, uncurling herself. That sounded about right. Any Pokemon dumb enough to just wander up to the ship usually received the same reaction if not a death sentence if they couldn't swim away in time.

"They went bonkers after I did this, and I had to get out.  I don't fancy going back there any time soon," The blood snaking out of the wound made the eels nostrils flair. Larger Pokemon tasted so much better then the little baiter fish that she usually captured. What she wouldn't give to tear a chunk from its side- Her tail gives a sharp twitch to clear her mind.  "You're lucky that is all they did. They are small but crafty and don't usually let their prey escape."

At the sight of the Gyarados' wound Bell instantly perked with alarm.  "Oh no that looks awful, are you okay?" She asks with sincere worry. The little water drops had hurt him as well, someone sooo much bigger then them! It didn't matter how big or small the Pokemon was the Phione attacked everyone that wandered by. Why are such little Pokemon so mean? We didn't even do anything! We weren't even close to the boat before they attacked us.. Dolly.. Viggy.. she can still hear their pained cries in her ears. I hope they are okay.. Kicking her tail hard the Poliwag swims a little closer to the serpentine Pokemon, her necklace bopping against her smooth body. At least.. she wasn't alone. Looking up at the Gyarados she offers a nervous but warm grin, "My name is bell."

"Why do you guys want to get rid of the Phione if you aren't being bothered by them now?" Who wasn't being bothered? "They have practically purged the area of the native prey for one thing. Gotta swim a fair distance to get to any hunting grounds. Hell, not even hunting grounds. Nothing likes to linger in that area because of them." Sure the kelp beds she hunted in were pretty rich in fish but the commute didn't have to exist. "Eventually hunger is going to drive them further from the ship and into open ocean." No, not open ocean. Just into the hunting grounds were living still conjured. They would still infest her home with their disease like it was a base of sorts. Taking in a deep gillfull of water Saferi sighs, pointing to the Pokemon behind her with her net-covered tail. "I dont know about these chicks but I happen to make my living in The Anne. Perhaps y'all are migratory but its pretty hard to find good real estate these days and I'd rather not lose mine if you know what I mean."
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 pm

|Vermilion City Harbour|Early Afternoon|
    |11|
    The Vaporeon's violet gaze looked over their group. While she was confident in her abilities as a battler, the others were an enigma. The battle with the Phione could only test one's battle experience to a point. "Mr. Thorn, your sure do have perfect timing. We were just discussing how to get rid of those demons ourselves. Pardon my manners--I'm Aqua. I'm willing to bet you had the same 'fiendly' greeting the rest of us here had." Aysu snorted. Fiendly was one way to put it. Personally, she liked the description of "Little shits that are too intelligent for their own good" better.

"Yeah, I tried talking to them before I realized that they were nuts. They kept throwing rocks at me and managed to confuse me." Aysu rolled her eyes.
    "Yeah, you got the same treatment the rest of us did."
    "They went bonkers after I did this, and I had to get out.  I don't fancy going back there any time soon," Aysu's gaze drifted down to the wound, and her eyes narrowed. Blood could draw unwanted attention, and they certainly didn't want that right at that moment. "You're lucky that is all they did. They are small but crafty and don't usually let their prey escape." Aysu nodded. Despite not knowing the Huntail's motives, they had a good understanding of the area - one that Aysu would have to comply with despite not wanting to. "You will have to get that wound cleaned up though. Your blood could very well draw the Phione straight to us."

"Oh no that looks awful, are you okay?" Oh, right. Aysu dragged her violet gaze from the wound to the small poliwag that was inspecting the gyrados's wound. "My name is Bell." So they were doing the introductions thing again? Aysu muffled a groan and mentally reminded herself to introduce herself later. "Why do you guys want to get rid of the Phione if you aren't being bothered by them now?" The water cat scoffed. Even though she was only new to the area, the reasoning why was so obvious it was like a neon sign. "They have practically purged the area of the native prey for one thing. Gotta swim a fair distance to get to any hunting grounds. Hell, not even hunting grounds. Nothing likes to linger in that area because of them."

Aysu had to agree there. On her way over, she had noticed a distinct lack of prey items. "Eventually hunger is going to drive them further from the ship and into open ocean." Aysu frowned at their logic. The Phione would move out into open ocean, yes, but no doubt they would also stay at the ship to keep their claim... "I don't know about these chicks but I happen to make my living in The Anne. Perhaps y'all are migratory but its pretty hard to find good real estate these days and I'd rather not lose mine if you know what I mean."

Ah, so Saferi was trying to sell the argument.

Aysu shrugged. "The S.S. Anne is a place where I bet a few of us could rest. It's large enough that we wouldn't bother Saferi if we had to stay for a bit, however with the phione there, we can't even get near the thing." The vaporeon flared her fins as she put herself of alert for any other intruders - especially the unwanted kind.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:07 pm

|Vermilion City Harbor|Early Afternoon|24|

"Yeah, I tried talking to them before I realized that they were nuts. They kept throwing rocks at me and managed to confuse me." Aqua offers a sympathetic smile. The pain in her leg reminding the floatzel of her own experience with them. "They went bonkers after I did this, and I had to get out.  I don't fancy going back there any time soon," The sea weasel nods. They'd barely met this pokemon and now they were trying to recruit them to fight. Aqua felt like she owed the eel--without Saferi, she'd still be floundering around the outskirts of the Anne with no safety. However...this pokemon didn't owe them anything.

As the gyarados turns to show the rest of the group his wound, Aqua partially covers her mouth with a paw. It was a nasty bite, oozing blood into the cool waters around them. Bits of stretched, ripped kelp that was too stubborn to leave after landing grass knots still clung to the pokemon's red hide. Thankfully he was big enough to get away...or was it the reverse for that attack? She couldn't recall anything besides how much that move stung when used on her. "You will have to get that wound cleaned up though. Your blood could very well draw the Phione straight to us."

As if remembering for the first time that what the vaporeon brings to light would be a very good idea, Aqua shoots her head up. "Yeah those monsters are sure to be huntin' around for us--they catch a whiff of that and they'll be here faster than a hot knife through butter." Dipping her head underwater to get a better look around their sparse surroundings, she looks for something that could be useful. As she brings her head back out of the water to speak she glances at the few parts of the cave not underwater.

"Does anyone see something we can use to dress that bite up? Maybe more kelp or something? I don't know, but anything to keep the blood from getting everywhere." Too absorbed in her own search, she only listens somewhat to the continues conversation. Diving again, but fully this time, the sea weasel resurfaces with a handful of plants from the floor. "I don't reckon these will be big enough.." She notes, half to herself as she looks at the much larger shiny pokemon.

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:07 pm

Vermilion City Harbor/Early Afternoon [3]

Thorn didn't miss the predatory look that entered the Huntail's eyes when he showed off his wound, but she quickly snapped herself out of it and told him how fortunate he was.Better keep an eye on that one. The Vaporeon's response was cold, but it was practical. Eh. Can't blame her for wanting to keep her group safe.  The Floatzel, Aqua, had a similar response, but she was concerned for him as well.  She even started looking around for anything with which she could dress the wound. He also noted her accent, and he felt a small pang of sadness as he recognized it.  His trainer had had a vaguely similar but lighter accent.  Then there was the Poliwag, who had stopped cowering when she saw his wound.  She was worried about him, and she even introduced herself.  As she spoke, Thorn realized that she was extremely young, and her parents were nowhere in sight.  He also had a vague suspicion that she barely knew the other pokemon she was with.

He warmly smiled at Bell and told her, "It hurts, but it could be worse.  At least I can still use it."

The Huntail then answered his question with much more gusto than he expected. "They have practically purged the area of the native prey for one thing. Gotta swim a fair distance to get to any hunting grounds. Hell, not even hunting grounds. Nothing likes to linger in that area because of them. Eventually hunger is going to drive them further from the ship and into open ocean. I don't know about these chicks but I happen to make my living in The Anne. Perhaps y'all are migratory but its pretty hard to find good real estate these days and I'd rather not lose mine if you know what I mean." Ah, she was invested in the ship, then.  He understood not wanting to lose one's home, especially since it was so hard to make one in this hell.  He wasn't sure if he bought her argument about the Phione going into open ocean, but even if they didn't leave, they would haunt this area until SOMEONE dealt with them.

Thorn opened his mouth to respond, but the Vaporeon tried to further convince him. "The S.S. Anne is a place where I bet a few of us could rest. It's large enough that we wouldn't bother Saferi if we had to stay for a bit, however with the phione there, we can't even get near the thing," she contributed. Saferi must be the Huntail.

At the mention of the S.S. Anne, Thorn's memory kicked in, and he turned his attention to the Vaporeon,"The S.S. Anne?  Wasn't that a famous boat or something that stayed near Kanto or Johto?" He remembered Kale and Melody talking about the boat, and how it often stopped somewhere in Kanto and Johto.  The harbor he saw earlier was definitely not Olivine, so he must be near the Kanto harbor.  Unfortunately, he couldn't think of the name for the Kanto town since he had never made it there with his trainer.

"Sorry," he apologized to Saferi. "I haven't stopped in any one location since this bullshit started. I've forgotten that not everyone is okay with leaving when the infected are too much," he explained. "I'll see what I can do, but I need to get this taken care of before I will do anything. Not only will the fairies follow the blood, but it's hard for me to move and attack with this."

With that statement, Aqua came back up with some tiny plants and asked/stated, "I don't reckon these will be big enough..."

Thorn laughed,"Yeah, if we're gonna use that, we need bigger kelp." He was hit with an idea,"If one of you guys who can walk around on land want to, you could try scavenging the shore for those human potions or even berries." "You guys look like you could use some, too," he added after he noticed the various injuries of the small group.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:25 pm

Saferi - Post Sixteen || Bell - Post Thirty-seven

The Poliwag pushes her head back as the Gyarados looks straight at her but relaxes as she sees the nice smile on the massive creatures face. Even though he looked really big and scary the smile alone made him seem really nice. "It hurts, but it could be worse. At least I can still use it." He even talked nice, nothing like a big monster man! Her own tail sways behind her. "I don't know what I would do without my tail!" It was practically half of her body!"You will have to get that wound cleaned up though. Your blood could very well draw the Phione straight to us." It could? But it wasn't that much, though still more then she would of liked, and they were so far away. "Yeah those monsters are sure to be huntin' around for us--they catch a whiff of that and they'll be here faster than a hot knife through butter." Butter? "What is a butter?" She murmurs to herself. Was it a bad thing since it could draw the Phione to them?

"Does anyone see something we can use to dress that bite up? Maybe more kelp or something? I don't know, but anything to keep the blood from getting everywhere." The Huntail pushes water out of her gills. "Doubt you'll find much in here, though I don't come here to check the flora." There were sparse plants in these caverns, mostly mussels and sponges, but some sea weeds did grow in the patches of light. "Nothing overly useful at least."
    "The S.S. Anne is a place where I bet a few of us could rest. It's large enough that we wouldn't bother Saferi if we had to stay for a bit, however with the phione there, we can't even get near the thing." The eel flushes more water through her gills. Just knowing all these Pokemon were nearby would bother her. I dont have the energy to deal with this shit right now. Sparking another fight might make them all ditch too, screwing her out of any chance to reclaim her home. "The S.S. Anne?  Wasn't that a famous boat or something that stayed near Kanto or Johto?"
    "In its prime, yes. Now its no more then a shipwreck off the bay that used to home many sea creatures. Now its just me and those shitsacks" The Poliwag blinked her wide, awed eyes. "Its a famous ship!" She squeals softly to herself. She was going to get to explore a famous boat when this was all taken care of!

"Sorry. I haven't stopped in any one location since this bullshit started. I've forgotten that not everyone is okay with leaving when the infected are too much," Most the weak, pathetic Pokemon fled because they didnt have the option to stay. They wouldn't be able to defend themselves, either becoming infected themselves or a meal. "Guess ya could say Im a bit too stubborn for that." She chuckles at her own thoughts. Yeah, her meals. "I was never much a traveler anyway." Not to mention the open ocean was not a friendly environment for a creature who spent most her life in small, cramped cages. "I'll see what I can do, but I need to get this taken care of before I will do anything. Not only will the fairies follow the blood, but it's hard for me to move and attack with this." Grimacing slightly the Huntail snaked her way closer to the Gyarados to get a better look at the wound. "..Could be worse." She concludes, suddenly thinking the beast a massive wuss. Her own burns stung sharply but she pushed the pain to the back of her mind, irrelevant.

With a surface breathing splash the Floatzel shows what she had gathered. "I don't reckon these will be big enough..." With a callous glaze the eel stares at the plants. They would work enough to cover the wound but wouldn't do well at staying on it. They might stifle the bleeding but there was no way they would stay put. "Yeah, if we're gonna use that, we need bigger kelp." Saferi nods, "If ya want'a go back in the open water there is plenty of longer, thick plants out there. The ravine nearby has a fair amount of seaweed growing around it a small ways east of here." Seaweed huh.. the weasel would have her work cut out for her being the only one with fingers.

The Poliwag hopped back onto her little platform, no longer wanting to be pushed by the current in the cave. "If one of you guys who can walk around on land want to, you could try scavenging the shore for those human potions or even berries." She had legs and could walk on land! Even if they were short and she was a little wobbly that was something she could do for sure. "I want to help!" Bell chirps, hopping between each foot.
    The Huntail groaned to herself. She didn't know dick all about the town around here and she was water bound. There was plenty of debris and other weird human articles floating around in the ship but they couldnt get to those anyway until the problem was taken care of. "You guys look like you could use some, too," The Huntail shrugged. "I'll be fine." She had been through worse, much worse. A little pain was normal really. "If these air breathers want to go on land, thats none of my business. If not, I could show you the seaweed and kelp beds." "I want to help too!!" The Poliwag said again, receiving an annoyed glare from the dark colored eel.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:44 pm

((ooc: Unfortunately, I will have to skip this round.))

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always gotten there first, and is waiting for it."
    Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:37 am

Vermilion City Harbor [Caverns]/Early Afternoon [4]

"I'll be fine," Saferi responded with a shrug to Thorn's hidden query. She's a tough one, that's for sure. "If these air breathers want to go on land, thats none of my business. If not, I could show you the seaweed and kelp beds," she offered.  She seemed antsy about splitting up, and she would not be able to do much if he tried to encourage shore scavanging. In retrospect, there were would be the danger of splitting up the group, and, even though it was small, he figured it wouldn't be a good idea.  

"Actually, forget the other idea, splitting up right now would be bad," Thorn mused. "Aqua, can I ask if you'd help with the seaweed bindings? Saferi and I kinda lack hands," he inquired of the Floatzel, and he wriggled his body in a fashion to illustrate the lack of limbs.  Unfortunately, this movement aggravated the wound on his tail, and he involuntarily winced. He managed to keep it to a sharp breath and closing his eyes suddenly. DAMN. This is embarrassing. I've dealt with worse wounds than this before without problem. What the hell is wrong with me? He then had a memory of his trainer talking about "paper cuts" and how much they sucked when they happened on someone's fingers. He figured the phenomenon was a human only thing, but, damn, if this didn't match some of the symptoms.
    "Saferi?" He wanted to be sure that he had the Huntail's name correct. "Can you show us where the seaweed is, then?"

Thorn couldn't help cracking a huge smile as Bell bounced around and bravely offered her assistance. "I want to help too!!" She's the same age as Theodora was. He couldn't help the thought entering his head and tingeing his smile with sadness.  I won't fail again, he vowed.  

"Hey, Bell, why don't you come with Saferi and me to find HUGE seaweed?" His voice had taken a slightly exaggerated adventuring tone, and he made sure he was about eye level with her.  He then lowered his head as he offered his head for her to jump on. "I'm not sure how far away it is, but you probably wanna grab onto my crest and hold on tightly when we get going."

((ooc: sorry about the short post! Didn't have too much to work with.))
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:36 pm

Saferi - Post Seventeen || Bell - Post Thirty-eight

"Actually, forget the other idea, splitting up right now would be bad," The serpent forrowed one brow. Was he afraid they were going to ditch them for the land? Wouldnt surprise me. Why stay in infested waters when there was probably a safe place out of it? "Saferi?" She turns her gaze to him slowly. "Can you show us where the seaweed is, then?" Shifting her spine to ready herself for another swim the eel gives as much as she can for the equivalent of a shrug, "Yeah, lets get going." With a flick of her tail and twitch of her long body the Huntail snaked her way out of the cavern and started to dive.

"Hey, Bell, why don't you come with Saferi and me to find HUGE seaweed?" The child had been said when Thorn said they weren't going on land but this offer seemed way more exciting. "Yes, yes, that sounds awesome!" She squeaks, bouncing about. "I'm not sure how far away it is, but you probably wanna grab onto my crest and hold on tightly when we get going." Blinking her large brown eyes the child hesitated for just a moment, "Okay!" Before swimming up to the massive beast and nestling herself in behind his head crest. While her tiny feet weren't much for grip she pressed them tight against the Gyarados' scales and wrapped her long tail around one of the spikes. "Lets go!"

Sticking close to the seafloor the Huntail swam with nothing but her destination in mind. The dipping sunlight danced on her already dappled scales and, with the dark mouth of the ravine below her, she blended in perfectly. Several minutes passed and she said not a word, swimming swiftly but idly until she could see the green fronds in the distance. With a sharp turn she shifted her direction and dove even closer to the sandy seafloor. "Up ahead." She calls back though the others could probably see it by now.

Without a cliff to block the sunlight, shallow waters to let sunlight penetrate all the way down, and decent tide to shift it about the seaweed grew rampantly. The long stems drifted all the up to the surface, casting shadows down on themselves. The scent of other fish trickles into her nostrils and the Huntail can feel her urge to hunt resurfacing. A rich hunting ground should not be passed up. "Woah, those really are HUGE!" She can hear the Poliwag call from behind her. Slowing to a halt the scarred eel looked back at the others, "Go crazy. Might as well eat while you are here as well."
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:02 am

((OOC: Skip. Aysu is just following Thorn and Saferi. I'll scrounge up a decent post next round))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:51 pm

|Vermilion City Harbor|Early Afternoon|25|

"Yeah, if we're gonna use that, we need bigger kelp." Aqua sighs, letting the bit she had gathered fall from her open palm back into the water. "You're right. We're going to need something a lot bigger than this that's for sure." The floatzel briefly pushes her face below the surface once again to search for any other possibilities, but it's not long before Saferi answers the unspoken question. "If ya want'a go back in the open water there is plenty of longer, thick plants out there. The ravine nearby has a fair amount of seaweed growing around it a small ways east of here." A jolt of uncertainty run down the sea weasel's spine at the prospect of returning to the open water.

Wanting to cover any note of her anxiety from her expression, she takes her time withdrawing her face from the water and using her hands to wipe excess from her eyes. "Is where your thinking about going out there safe enough? We ain't ready to run into more of those critters." By the time she finishes asking, she's finished with her face and floats in place, craning to look up at the massive red pokemon as he speaks next. "If one of you guys who can walk around on land want to, you could try scavenging the shore for those human potions or even berries."

Almost immediately, their youngest companion chirps their excited approval. "I want to help!" Bell hops from foot to foot, unable to contain their energy. The normally happy scene should have made the floatzel feel some level of comfort. However...was land really any safer? Especially for a child? I don't know if I could forgive myself for splitting the group by doing this and having them get hurt..or worse. "Actually, forget the other idea, splitting up right now would be bad," Maybe the red serpent sensed her reserve for the idea or felt it himself once suggesting it, whether the reason Aqua felt relief. "I'd feel much better if we all stick together for now myself. There's no telling whats out there. At least Ms. Saferi here is familiar with the waters. But the land is an unknown kinda risky."

"Aqua, can I ask if you'd help with the seaweed bindings? Saferi and I kinda lack hands," The sea weasel nods in response and works to stifle a giggle as the gyarados wiggle to display this fact to her--though it's short lived as the action quickly causes them to cringe in pain. "Are you alright--try not to move your wound too much--" The words rush out before she can stop them. She knew it was silly to ask like that, babying a much larger, mostly unknown pokemon. At least, the other appears to shrug it off quickly and refocus the group. "Can you show us where the seaweed is, then?"

After that, everything happens quickly. Like a swift flowing river, Bell hops on top Thorn's head. Aqua notes to herself that she would have to thank him for offering that later. Saferi takes off out of their cavern and Aysu swims silently after them. The time to question and debate had past. Diving below the surface, Aqua follows suit. The pain in her leg onto continues to nag at the sea weasel's mind as they swim out into the open water once again, back towards the ravine. No time to be a sissy now ol' girl... She steels herself against the sensation, they needed her for this, after all, she was the only ones with hands as Thorn stated. "Woah, those really are HUGE!" Bell's excited call brings the weasel's attention fully back to the present. "Shoot, you ain't kidding!

The tendrils easily were taller than Aqua, heck she reckoned they reached all the way up to the surface. Their towering forms casting a dance of light and shadows onto the sand below. Vaguely, she registers the huntail mentioning hunting nearby, but her attention is elsewhere. Growing a determined look and with a nod to herself she propels herself to the closest stalk. "Come on Mr.Thorn, I'm no doctor, but this looks like it'll do the trick as good as anything. She calls over her shoulder as she thugs and tears through the underwater plant. Carefully, she pulls the single strip down and does her best to wrap it unto itself for ease of holding. "I can wrap them as I go or collect a ton and do it all at once. Figuring the choice should be yours since it's your tail."

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:40 am

Vermilion City Harbor/Early Afternoon [5]

"I'd feel much better if we all stick together for now myself. There's no telling whats out there. At least Ms. Saferi here is familiar with the waters. But the land is an unknown kinda risky," Aqua inputs. Though the statement was meant for the whole group, Thorn felt warmth at the implication that the Floatzel trusted him as well. His species made it difficult for Pokemon to trust him since they always expected him to turn into a rampaging monster, and that bias took time and knowing him to remove.  While the apocalypse meant most Pokemon didn't bother taking the time to see if he was friendly or not, it also seemed to force this particular group to hasten getting over the OMG IT'S A GYARADOS terror phase.  Take the good times when you can...

The warm feelings grew as Aqua showed more concern for him after he accidentally aggravated the wound. "Are you alright--try not to move your wound too much--" she placated.The motherly tone amused him, however. Wow, big scary Gyarados needs tiny water weasel to comfort him.

In response to his request to take them to the seaweed, Saferi responded, "Yeah, lets get going." She left the cavern after her statement, and started to dive. She certainly doesn't take her time, Thorn mused as little Bell considered his offer for a moment, before she answered with a happy, "Okay!" She hopped behind his head crest, and he felt tiny points of pressure on his head where the tadpole had situated herself.  After the small Pokemon yelled out,"Lets go!"  He dove after Saferi.  He almost panicked when he couldn't see her at first, but some movement over the ravine caught his attention. Her scales hide her well.  Heh, mine do the complete opposite.

Saferi was going at a determined but not rushed pace, and he kept up with her without too much aggravation from his tail wound. However, he had to specifically focus his eyes on Saferi to make sure he didn't lose her in the dancing lights and shadows.  Aqua and the Vaporeon were able to keep up, as well.The Vaporeon's a quiet one... Eventually, he could see swaying green in the distance, and at the sight, the Huntail dove even closer to the sea floor and called out, "Up ahead."

When they got closer, Bell exclaimed in childish wonder,"Woah, those really are HUGE!" "Shoot, you ain't kidding!" Aqua added. Thorn nodded his head slowly and with a smile, "Yeah, that is pretty impressive.
    "Go crazy. Might as well eat while you are here as well." Saferi suggested.  Thorn thought about it for a second, and informed the small group, "If any of you guys want to go hunting, you probably wanna  do so before I go in there.  I'd probably scare off anything I don't eat." Aqua, however, was completely focused on the original reason they were here.

"Come on Mr.Thorn, I'm no doctor, but this looks like it'll do the trick as good as anything, she calls out over her shoulder. After pulling out a strand of seaweed, she asks, "I can wrap them as I go or collect a ton and do it all at once. Figuring the choice should be yours since it's your tail." He grimaced as he thought about the future pain, and decided. "Uh... The binding's not gonna be fun... Let's just do it all at once."

He decided to coil up his body in a serpentine fashion, taking care to make sure his wound wasn't exposed until Aqua was ready to bind it.  Realizing that he was kinda stuck sitting while waiting for Aqua, he decided to suggest a 'game' to Bell. "Hey kid? Help me keep a lookout while Miss Aqua gets the seaweed ready. Just stay where you are and let me know if you see anything.  He figured that her current location would keep the little child  safe since threats would have to approach his face to get near her, and he had strong jaws.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:57 pm

Vermillion Harbor | Late Afternoon
    Saferi - Post Eighteen || Bell - Post Thirty-nine

Bell was so drawn in by the sheer size of the seaweed she didnt even notice as the Huntail started to swim away. They were so big, like underwater trees except thin and flimsy! Hopping up and down from her spot she lets the water lift her slightly off her Gyarados perch. This would be a really fun place to play hide-and-seek for those as small as her. Paddling her tail to keep her hovering the Poliwag watched as Aqua started gathering up a few clumps of seaweed, the stand shrinking in size as she wound it up. "Hey kid? Help me keep a lookout while Miss Aqua gets the seaweed ready. Just stay where you are and let me know if you see anything." Blinking her large eyes she stares blankly for a moment while falling back into her position on Thorn's crest. "Okay!"

Planting her feet firmly on his thick scales the Poliwag thrusts her tail above her eyes like a sun guard. She would find everything and anything that approached them! Sweeping her eyes across the way she could see a small school of Remoraids, maybe four at most, but they were swimming away from them. "Such cute little fishies.." They reminded her so much of home....

Slithering through the thick plants the Huntail let her mind go blank. Today was pretty shit in all senses.. Complacent trespassers, losing her home, and having to allying with these.. lowlifes, since she had no better alternative. The scent of other fish wafted around her again. This area used to be teaming with life but now.. it was pretty sparse. Im not even hungry. The wild Pokemon must of noticed as they didn't swim away from her as fast as they usually did. Her belly nearly touched the sand as she swam while her eyes tried to ignore a Magikarp that wouldnt stop looking at her. "Piss off," She hisses and the orange fish turns tail.

A school of Magikarp circles above, completely calm in the presence of the predator. Guess Im just into it. The Huntail's stomach churns with discomfort. Even if she managed to catch something eating would be another thing completely.
    The Magikarp circled closer, snickering at the eel as she slowly snaked her way along. Saferi growled, fins first lying back then rising up. "Damn you.." Ice glittered around her fangs and in an instant she shot forward, grabbing one of the fish as the rest scattered. "Piss off." While the sudden force was enough she bit down hard to finish it off. The blood was warm and enticing but her stomach refused to allow hunger. Shrugging it off the eel turned back toward the others.

((Really mediocre post is mediocre.))
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:46 pm

|Vermilion City Harbour|Early Afternoon|
    |12|
    The vaporeon's violet gaze wandered over the cavern. It was nice, and it had enough room for Aqua and the others, so long as Saferi's bitching didn't make them move to a different place. "I'd feel much better if we all stick together for now myself. There's no telling what's out there. At least Ms. Saferi here is familiar with the waters. But the land is an unknown kinda risky," Aysu jolted back into the conversation, thinking of what they were talking about earlier - Going up on land to search for supplies? Seems like that's not happening now, though. She thought, sighing slightly. Shouldn't they get a move on? The longer they stayed here, the easier it would be for the Phione to find them.

"Are you alright--try not to move your wound too much--""Yeah, lets get going."

Thank Suicune someone there had sense. Aysu jumped from the water, using the momentum to propel herself much deeper into the liquid when she dove back in. Swimming past the shiny Gyrados, Aysu spun in the water, barrel-rolling to the side so that she was off to the left side of Saferi. "Okay!" She glanced back behind her to see Bell and Thorn starting to follow suit, with Aqua following as well. "Lets go!"

Aysu increased her speed, shooting past Saferi and swimming up to the surface, looping back so that she was swimming upside-down as she swam back towards Thorn, before diving back down towards the Gyrados, drawing up beside them. "Up ahead." The Vaporeon rolled her eyes. Saferi needed to relax.  She turned towards where the eel was going, her eyes widening. They weren't kidding at how large the seaweed was. "Woah, those really are HUGE!" Aysu smiled at Bell's cry of astonishment, looking back to see that Aqua had come to join them.
    "Shoot, you ain't kidding!"

The Vaporeon swam upwards, spinning as she arced back down towards the sea floor, levelling off so that her paws could touch the sand. "Yeah, that is pretty impressive. The large seaweed was perfect for hunting, as well as treating the Gyrados's wounds. "Go crazy. Might as well eat while you are here as well." Now that she had permission to hunt in Saferi's hunting grounds, Aysu wove through the seaweed, keeping low to the sea floor as she stalked through the foliage.

Soon the voices of the others were drowned out as Aysu stalked through the seaweed. Her fins flickered each way, detecting the movements of the fish around her. From a little way away, the vaporeon detected the iron tang of blood, and chalked it up to Saferi finding a kill. She deviated away from the area. If Saferi had killed something, the smell would scare off any other prey. Finally Aysu found a small reef area where she swam through the flora, finding sight of a school of Magikarp and Finneon. Narrowing down the Finneon, Aysu shifted so that the water currents didn't alert them of her presence.

Swimming forwards silently, Aysu's claws unsheathed as she drew closer to one of the fish, her hind paws found a piece of coral, which after waiting a moment, she used to spring forwards and grip onto the Finneon. The school scattered, leaving Aysu with the Finneon in her claws. A quick bite to it's head killed the fish, to which Aysu gripped her catch as she found a decent spot to sit alone and eat.

The fish was reduced to scales and bone far too quickly for the Vaporeon's liking, and after cleaning her paws from the blood, she swam back over towards Thorn, Bell and Aqua.
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:51 pm

|Vermilion City Harbor|Early Afternoon|26|

Turning to look up at the gyarados, Aqua had her answer even before he spoke. His grimace said it all. "Uh... The binding's not gonna be fun... Let's just do it all at once." The floatzel agreed with a slight nod. "Of course. Just let me get more of these and I'll be back before ya know it." She adds before swimming off further into the forest of kelp. Before going completely out of their line of sight, the sea weasel glances back in time to see the large imposing pokemon settle down--with tiny Bell atop his head as look out. The warmth of the small action brings a smile to her face as small bubbles escape her mouth in place of chuckles.

Inspect. Tear. Pull. Wind-up. Repeat. Not wanting to disappoint and honestly, too worked up from the recent events for her stomach to feel anything but queasy, Aqua gets to right to work. A rotting or weak strand wouldn't work. After a quick once over, the sea weasel got to work with her clawed fingers to collect as many healthy stalks as possible. Through the kelp of the underwater forest, the floatzel notes a brief movement and light blue. The vaporeon probably joined Saferi on the hunt. Inspect. Tear. Pull. Wind-up. Repeat. The rhythm of the work was almost soothing. Something to focus the mind from...well, most other things.

It didn't strike her as odd at first, discarded scales, more tears and displaced kelp. Not to mention specks of discolored glob. It wasn't until her twin tails grazes over something soft till anything registered as wrong. Aqua nearly retched. The corpse of a Seaking lie below against the sandy floor. It was barely recognizable as the water had bloated its features. It's once calico scales were a milky white and visibly rotting. The creature's eyes fared no better and they had retained more of their color, but still had a milky complexion. Not to mention, they bulged so far, Aqua worried they could fall right out of their soggy sockets with a strong enough current. The worst part was definitely though the patches of purple.

This was a place she should not be. Turning tail, the floatzel kicks her tails into gear, bee-lining to where she last saw Bell and Thorn as best she could. It could be nothing. He could be dead for good, or just "dead" the first time and gonna come right around that corner... After what she considered entirely too long, Aqua emerges from the kelp forest. Multiple strands of kelp wrapped like a rope in circles over her shoulder and an uneasy smile on her face. It was either enough, or just short of so she hoped. Peeking over her shoulder several times, the sea weasel swims towards the pair.

"Think this'll do it?"

((ooc: Feel free to use the seaking in any way/shape/form if you have an idea to add onto it.))

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:33 pm

Vermilion City Harbor/Late Afternoon [6]

"Okay!" Bell replied with enthusiasm.  Thorn smiled at the child as she perched herself firmly on his head.  He couldn't actually see what she was doing up there, but children had a way of taking themselves adorably seriously.  He kept an eye on the open water as well as the swaying kelp.  It would be rather embarrassing if they were caught by something coming out of the open ocean. The ocean seemed mostly empty except for them. All's quiet on the western front...Hopefully not too quiet.

A small school of Remoraid caught his eye, but he dismissed them quickly since they appeared to be swimming away from them.  He then heard Bell quietly comment, "Such cute little fishies.." The statement had a wistful tone to it, and he wondered where Bell came from to elicit such a response. He knew that he had seen Poliwag around lots of different bodies of water before, but he always associated them with fresh water. Learn something new everyday.

"Had Remoraid where you're from?" Thorn inquired. "I used to live in a lake, so I didn't know they existed until I left with a trainer.  Imagine my surprise when I learned what they evolved into." Thorn laughed. He remembered the incident clearly. Someone had thrown a Remoraid against Kale, and the fight was laughably one-sided until it suddenly evolved. The newly evolved Octillery was then able to give the Feraligatr a run for his money.  A Gyarados with a dropped jaw is nothing new, but context made the sight hilarious apparently. The memory, while funny, was tinged in sadness as he remembered his old team and trainer. I need to focus on the here and now.  I can be sad later.

Eventually, the kelp parted and he could see the floatzel swimming with a large amount of kelp tied to her. She kept looking over her shoulder as if she worried that she was being followed. The sight put him on edge since when she left, she had been much more at ease. What did she see to make her do that?  "Think this'll do it?" Aqua asked as she indicated the large amount of kelp she had tied around herself.

"I think it should. Now let's get this over with before we get company," Thorn answered. He rearranged his body so that Aqua could get to his wound.  The bite was still slowly oozing blood, and it hurt trying to move it.  While waiting for Aqua to bandage the injury, he still kept his eye's on the moving kelp.  He saw Saferi and the Vaporeon moving towards them, but Aqua's nervousness made him worry that there was something else.

Seeing the Vaporeon coming back also made him realize that he still didn't know her name.  When she came within talking distance, he asked, "Hey, Vaporeon.  What's your name? I don't think I caught it earlier."   Even though the bandaging hurt, and he wanted to talk to the Vaporeon, he still kept his eyes on the kelp.  If anything came out that looked unsavory, he would attack it immediately.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:37 pm

Saferi - Post Nineteen || Bell - Post Fourty

The scales of the blue-grey fish sparkled against the sinking sunlight. It reminded her that.. it had been an awfully long time since she was in a school of her own kind. "Had Remoraid where you're from?" Thorn asks while her gaze refuses to peel off of the archerfish. "Remoraid?" She murmurs softly. That must of been what she was looking at. The school shifted, changing directions and letting off a huge amount of shimmers as they catch the light at a new angle. "My pond was tiny, it only had us Poliwag and some Magikarp. I think there was a Goldeen or two that the humans through in but some people came by and took them.." Magikarp and Poliwags... that is what she greew up around. "I used to live in a lake, so I didn't know they existed until I left with a trainer.  Imagine my surprise when I learned what they evolved into." Bell's brown eyes leave the Remoraids to look to Thorn for a moment before going back. While a number of strange things come to mind her imagination can not settle on one idea. "What do they become?" She asks, thinking only of Saferi or some other fish she had bumped in to.

Seeing the Floatzel swim back to them the Poliwag took the chance to hop off of Thorn and sink down to the sandy floor. Sand felt so different compared to the muddy floor in her pond. Heck even that cave they were in was odd, so sharp and rocky while all stones in her home had been coated in algae. This was the weirdest body of water she had ever been in.  "Think this'll do it?" The Floatzel pipes, seemingly distracted. "Welcome back, Miss Aqua!" She giggles, "You look like a plant monster!" hoping to get at least a smile out of the weasel.

The Huntail slowed herself as she realized something. While wasn't her forte to be concerned for others the Gyarados might become a bit furious to find she had killed, yet didn't wish to eat, one of its kind. Kinship was only scale-deep in schooling creatures but if for some reason it caused her to lose her weaponry.. I need him. A shudder runs along her long spine. To be dependent on another creature, it was sickening. With a heavy groan she shifts the Magikarp in her jaws around with biting motions. Once its in a proper position she snaps through its thick scales with ease. Her stomach knots in disgust but she forces each bite down. Damn things are no more then scales and bones.
    Nothing ate Magikarps if they could help it. They were the lowest tier in food and offered little to the hunter for the effort. Only upside is that they are easy to catch and in high abundance everywhere. Shoulda' just turned around instead of letting the bastards bug me. With another groan she crunches through the rest and swallows uneasily, spitting out the fins that were sticking her in the mouth. Fuckers gonna be bugging me all day.. Hopefully her other meal would keep her stomach settled. Shaking it off she resumes her way forward, seeing that the others had already returned and were doing whatever it was that they do.

Slithering on up she is about to ask 'anyone have a plan yet?' when she sees the whole 'wound tending' task isn't done yet. Worse yet the Floatel looked.. spooked. "What has you so riled?" She questions. This area was usually pretty calm and pretty quiet at that. All she was doing was getting seaweed.. what could of caused her such unrest? "Was one of those Phione this far out?" If they were they were in trouble.
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:33 am

((OOC: Skip, going through a rough patch and I can't figure something out to post))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:42 pm

|Vermilion City Harbor|Early Afternoon|27|

"I think it should. Now let's get this over with before we get company," Aqua nods, feeling as if the others are able to sense her own unease by the look on their faces. Regardless, as the gyarados shifts and changes his position for her to apply the bandages, she doesn't pause to tell them about what she found. Better to get this done with then worry about something that may not even be a threat. Careful to avoid stumbling with her load, the floatzel swims towards the larger 'mon.

"Welcome back, Miss Aqua!" Giggling draws the sea weasel's attention upward while her hands work to unwind the first length of kelp from her shoulder. "You look like a plant monster!" Aqua takes the unwound seaweed and temporary places it over her head as her hands raise in the characteristic 'monster pose.' "Maybe I am!" the water-type growls with obvious humor. And for a moment, before returning to the task at hand, her grin does return.

With as much care as can be afforded, the floatzel starts the wrap. Kicking off lightly from the sandy floor, the 'mon swims around the red serpent's injured coil. At first, the trick is simply to get the strand to stay on the wound as the weasel attempts to apply more. Each time Aqua must apply directly to the abused flesh, she cringes at the pain she imagines herself to be causing. To Thorn's credit, she didn't hear him complain nor flinch. Every time she looked up to him during her work, his eyes were firmly planted at the kelp.

As she continues to work, the sea weasel catches sight of the familiar form of Saferi slithering towards them. Back from the hunt. "What has you so riled?" The question catches her off guard. She had assumed the other would comment on their hunting, how much they hated the situation, or at least ask about how much longer it would take them to finish wrapping. Fortunately, the question is immediately followed by another, relating one and gives Aqua's mind a moment to catch up. "Was one of those Phione this far out?"

"Nah, it wasn't one of them." Aqua starts, but knows immediately that answer will not be sufficient on its own for them. "I just saw a body--nothing that was trying to nip at my heels, but it wasn't pretty. A seaking I thought--but I didn't stay to get a real good look. It was uglier than a mud fence. All bloated and the like..." The floatzel gives a small involuntary shiver at the memory as she busies her hands at unwinding another band of kelp to wrap around the wound that was now covered with the foliage. "I thought I saw some specks of purple on the critter, but it could have already been killed a second time."

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:24 pm

Vermilion City Harbor/Late Afternoon [7]

What do they become? Bell asks.  Before Thorn can answer, however, Bell hops off his head to greet Aqua. Welcome back, Miss Aqua!"  She squeaks. Then noting Aqua's appearance, she commented, "You look like a plant monster!"  The description brings a smile to Thorn's face as he glances to look at Aqua. With the kelp wrapped around her body, she did have the appearance of some montser humans liked to describe in their tales.

Aqua quickly moved the seaweed on top of her head, and, assuming a classic monster pose, growled, "Maybe I am!" Thorn started laughing at the sight of the seaweed monster, and he was happy to see the Floatzel relax for a moment. He had to comment, "Careful, I'm shaking in my scales." He shook briefly to illutrate his point.  Then Aqua began to wrap up the wound, and, even though it hurt a lot, he kept his eyes firmly on the kelp forest. He decided to answer Bell's earlier question to keep his mind off of the situation, "Remoraid evolve into Octillery, which are these creatures that are mostly head and tentacles.  They have a bit of a grip." He said in an attempt at humor, even smirking a little bit.

Eventually, Saferi returned, and, noticing the unease in Aqua, asked, "What has you so riled?" She immediately followed up with,"Was one of those Phione this far out?"  If one of those things are anywhere nearby, we might be fine, but if there's more, we're fucked This thought put him further on edge as he split his attention betweent the kelp forest and the open ocean.

"Nah, it wasn't one of them," Aqua reassured them."I just saw a body--nothing that was trying to nip at my heels, but it wasn't pretty. A seaking I thought--but I didn't stay to get a real good look. It was uglier than a mud fence. All bloated and the like..." Aqua paused for a second before she continued. "I thought I saw some specks of purple on the critter, but it could have already been killed a second time."  While it was somewhat reassuring that the creature didn't immediately move, it was worrisome since this sickness could raise the dead. Hopefully, that fucker is completely gone. "Well, stay alert, if something nasty comes out, we'll be ready." He tensed his body in preparation to lunge at the first aggressive thing that approached them.

After a moment, he glanced down to look at Aqua's work, and found that the wound was mostly wrapped up. Well, at least we don't have to worry about my blood attracting everything in a mile radius.  Out loud, he said, "Thanks Aqua."  He deeply appreciated the water weasel's help, because he knew that he had no way of taking care of that wound himself. "Almost good as new!" he encouraged.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:52 pm

Saferi - Post Twenty || Bell - Post Forty-one

The Floatzel looks at her and roars, "Maybe I am!" The child yelps, half giggling and half quietly yelling. Beating her tail hard she hops off the sand and hovers with strong strokes, looking slightly more intimidating with her tail visible. The weasels smiles at her and continues what she was previously doing. "Careful, I'm shaking in my scales." Even the massive Gyarados was having fun with the plant monster! Giggling, bell falls back down and settles in the sand, filling her necklace bob against her chest. Thorn answers her previous question, his tone light, "Remoraid evolve into Octillery, which are these creatures that are mostly head and tentacles.  They have a bit of a grip." Bell tiled her head, which was her entire body, sideways and tried to wrap her head around the idea. That sounded a lot like her body but where would she put a bunch of tentacles? Her back was the only open place she had. How would I swim then though.. Her vision drifts as she tries to picture it.

The Floatzel's expression changes again to something like surprise or maybe shock after hearing her question. Definitely spooked. The Huntails brow furrows. This area didn't usually attract unwanted attention.. what could of frightened the female so much that even questions made her jumpy? "Nah, it wasn't one of them." While the news is slightly relieving Saferi can still feel tension her in scales. "Then what?" She presses. Had she been attacked while gathering those leafy green plants? There was no blood or wounds on her person and the scent that lingered here was more then likely coming from the hunt and the Gyarados' tail. "I just saw a body--nothing that was trying to nip at my heels, but it wasn't pretty. A seaking I thought--but I didn't stay to get a real good look. It was uglier than a mud fence. All bloated and the like..." A rotting corpse? Out here? By the sound of it it wasn't even a hunters catch but just some body on the seabed that happened to make its latest stop here. "I thought I saw some specks of purple on the critter, but it could have already been killed a second time."

Purple.. The Huntail sneers, her face contorting with anger. She was making it sound like a rotting body, laying waste as it decomposed, not a freshly dead about to rise. It could of been there a while.. But then why would it have only a small patch of purple if any? If it was truly dead a second time over it should have a ton of blots.. Even then, it should of had some sign of death, an attack, disease.. The Huntail throws her head side to side to clear her thoughts. Maybe it was just some dead thing that died normally, or of some other sickness. The eel growls to throw all ideas out of her head. If it was important then they would see the thing again. And, by the sound of it, it wasn't in good shape and would go down easy. "Thanks Aqua." Large golden eyes blink and flick to the Gyarados. "Almost good as new!" How long had she been lost in her thoughts?

Snaking her way around the Huntail glances over the freshly wrapped wound. It looked much better, sorta, and didn't seem to be oozing blood now that it was properly bound. With that settled they could finally move on. "So then," She starts, "Now that that's taken care of what are we gonna do about this.. extermination project?" Saferi's gaze watches the child as she paddles back up to Thorn's head and hides behind his crest. Was she afraid of the eel? "Im glad you are all better Mr. Thorn." She whispers to him quietly but the serpent still catches it. Most likely. She concludes. Looking over her own shoulder the eel grits her teeth when she realizes even she was now being cautious cause of a corpse.. Wait a second. An idea clicks in her head though she had no idea how well it would work. "Those Phione eat about anything they can catch and I mean anything." Her gaze slowly locks onto Aqua. "Maybe we could lure them out with that dead friend of yours."
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Sat Apr 18, 2015 6:14 am

((OOC: Skip. Aysu introduces herself and agrees with Saferi's idea of using the corpse to draw out the phione))
    NyraXerz
    NyraXerz
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by NyraXerz Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:52 pm

|Vermilion City Harbor|Late Afternoon|28|

Aqua floats several feet away from the shiny gyarados to admire her handiwork. Surely it's not the best bandages ever done, but hey, she was improvising here. "Thanks Aqua." The floatzel has to tip her hat back in order to look up properly to Thorn's face. "You're welcome Mr.Thorn." she responds with a nod to acknowledge his thank you. "Almost good as new!" The sea weasel couldn't help but chuckle. "Now, I don't know about that, but I sure gave my underwater bandaging skills a test."

"So then," The huntail starts, catching Aqua off guard when she turns and notices the other 'mon has swam rather close. "Now that that's taken care of what are we gonna do about this.. extermination project?" At first, the sea weasel stays silent, her brow furrowing as her mind works to understand what Saferi is referring to. The new fish or the phoine...? "Those Phione eat about anything they can catch and I mean anything." Ah. "Maybe we could lure them out with that dead friend of yours."

"Even a corpse? I mean, this thing may not be spurting blood and certainly won't be moving." Aqua gives the huntail a skeptical look. "But if you say these vermin will, I trust ya. You know them better than any of us." So, grab the body and lure the phione somewhere to do something...and--"I'm the one that needs to carry this thing, ain't I?" Aqua asks, though as she looks down at her hands, a feature all her companions lack, she feels she knows the answer. Her face pales slightly at the thought of getting near it again and having to touch it. "Not until we have a plan, I don't want to hold onto it no longer than I have to."

Maximum
    Maximum
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Maximum Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:08 am

Vermilion City Harbor/Late Afternoon [8]

With Thorn's wound wrapped up, Saferi moved straight to business.  "So then, Now that that's taken care of what are we gonna do about this.. extermination project?" Right... I'm supposedly the 'fire power' for this... he recalled Aysu's statement when she first saw him. He had no ideas to offer at the moment, though, and a full out assault seemed like a terrible idea given how many of those damn fairies there were and how coordinated they were. Stealthy tactics involving him were right out. Yeah, hiding a giant red Gyarados would be really fucking easy.

At Saferi's words, Bell swam back up to his head, and he felt her situate herself behind his crest again. Hmmm... Bell is nervous around Saferi... Wonder if there's a reason for it, or if its just because Saferi is intimidating. "Im glad you are all better Mr. Thorn," Bell whispers to him. He deeply appreciated the child's words, but he was worried that she was scared.

"Thanks, Bell." he responded. He thought about something to cheer her up, and he went with putting on some bravado. "Dealing with those mean fairies now shouldn't be a problem!" Arceus... I hope I don't end up  eating those words later. He shook the thought off, and when he tuned back in to the others, Saferi had an idea.

"Those Phione eat about anything they can catch and I mean anything. Maybe we could lure them out with that dead friend of yours."  That was a decent idea, but there were a few things wrong with it that he wanted to pan out before doing with it.

"Even a corpse? I mean, this thing may not be spurting blood and certainly won't be moving. But if you say these vermin will, I trust ya. You know them better than any of us" Aqua immediatly picked up on the first thing that he wasn't sure about.

"Yeah... Usually things like those prefer having live blood. I guess if they don't have an alternative, they'd go for it," Thorn mused aloud. Infected Pokemon almost always seemed to have a preference for living Pokemon, but then again, he didn't know what they did if there weren't any living around.

"I'm the one that needs to carry this thing, ain't I?" Aqua realized as she looked down at her hands.  Thorn winced at the thought. Someone was going to have to move the body, if they went with this idea, and Aqua was the one most fit to do so. He felt really bad for her; it wasn't her fault that she was the only one in this group that had hands. "Not until we have a plan, I don't want to hold onto it no longer than I have to." she demanded.

"Yeah.. I don't blame you for that," Thorn commented.  He then asked, "What would be the idea? To draw them out, and then what?  We just swoop in and kill them before they know we're there?"  He could already see a major flaw with that plan, unless they didn't want him involved with it. There was no way in hell they could hide him effectively, and he be able to fight with them.
    Dandelion
    Dandelion
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Dandelion Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:20 pm

Saferi - Post Twenty-one || Bell - Post Forty-two

"Thanks, Bell." The Poliwag smiles, her tail standing up tall as she rubs gently against Thorn's crest. She would have to remember that seaweed made for good bandages, perhaps she could even stick some to her tail to save for later. "Dealing with those mean fairies now shouldn't be a problem!" "Yeah!" She cheers, "They don't stand a chance against you!"

Saferi snakes forward and back through the water. This idea was asinine but it might just work if they were careful about it. "Even a corpse? I mean, this thing may not be spurting blood and certainly won't be moving. But if you say these vermin will, I trust ya. You know them better than any of us" By her description it sounded like the Seaking was very much dead but not at the point that touching it would make it break apart. "With so many of their grimy mouths to feed it takes a lot to.. satisfy them. Besides, with that bloody disease in them rotten meat is routine to them. Living stuffs a treat if they can get it."

"Yeah... Usually things like those prefer having live blood. I guess if they don't have an alternative, they'd go for it," The Huntail nods. "Most critters have learned to stay away from that there ship. Those things prefer living prey, they're much more hostile to them. But if all that wanders by is a dull undead why pass it up? Food is food to the mindless." Except, these things weren't exactly mindless. They had enough smarts to make strategies, attack patterns.. it could just be swarming instinct but they certainly weren't like the average undead. "I'm the one that needs to carry this thing, ain't I?" With a small snort the eel gives a devilish grin. "Well if you're volunteering," Making a plan to use the body was one thing, actually transporting it was another completely. "Not until we have a plan, I don't want to hold onto it no longer than I have to."

"Yeah.. I don't blame you for that," Thorn commented, and the Poliwag offers, "I, can carry it." Saferi's gold eyes lock on Bell's tiny body. "Heh, dont even think about it kid." She dismisses it though the words seem amused. "I could!" What would she even hold it with unless she had a- "What would be the idea? To draw them out, and then what?  We just swoop in and kill them before they know we're there?" Saferi stops moving, her fleeting thought about to be lost as she must ponder another idea. "More or less, but its a lot more then that." Simple trickery would instigate things but a fight at home would draw out the swarm. "If we bring them a meal they will go for it. Thats no question. However, since its already dead they will probably be suspicious and swarm it, maybe eat on sight or check for how a rotten tool could just float by." Dead things usually dont move.. well, dead dead things dont. "We will all be nearby and our living scent with draw even more of them out. Then we just wait for the prize to come out."

"Prize? Like their queen?" The Huntail is surprised to find herself calm despite what she would normally find to be a stupid question. "Not quite. Phione dont breed like most 'mons. They wouldn't really have a queen but I do think they have something they are protecting. Maybe a crazed leader? It would explain why they settled in the ship instead of drifting like their species normally do." Her necklaces drag in the sand with the shifting tide. "Once their reason to stay is gone the remaining Phione should scatter and move on."

She grows silent for a moment. Often she could hear clanking and clatter inside the ship.. what in the world could they be doing inside? Her previous thought returns, nearly forgotten but now back with full force. "N ya wouldn't even have to touch that dead thing much." She flicks her tail toward Bell, "The kid here gave me an idea." She gave Aqua an expression that was even more serious then her usual one. "You'll only have to touch it for a moment. Enough to tie some of that seaweed around the base of its tail. Then any of us could drag it along really."
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Mon May 04, 2015 5:20 pm

((OOC:Skip, lost my post and can't get it back. Chrome refuses to work and I have to redownload it.))

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:38 pm