Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

Ghost types

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Ghost types Empty Ghost types

Post by Kaze Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Can the dead come back as a ghost type (although they probably would remember much of their former life)?

Also if a ghost type dies wouldn't it just evaporate or dissolve? Then wouldn't it be impossible to have a complete corpse to use for one of Ho-oh's Resurrections?
    Anonymous

Ghost types Empty Re: Ghost types

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:09 pm

Well I noticed that some dead humans have come back as a Ghost-type Pokemon; (ex: Generally Yamasks, Lady Midday by Verdzi). But for Pokemon to die and come back as a ghost-type? I have to admit that's like cheating in the roleplay, but I ain't no admin.

And yes, if a Ghost-type dies, they evaporate/dissolve, Ho-Oh's resurrections... Wouldn't be possible, unless an item is left behind? I dunno, once again, I ain't admin.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:15 pm

This is a question I wanted to ask as well :v Are we allowed to have a Pokemon die in the rp, and then have them return as a ghost--such as a Gastly, Duskull, or Rotom? What about Humans and Yamasks? Could we do the same for them?

Also, in reply to Kaze's second question: Ghosts may leave ectoplasm or some sort of material (banettes lose their soul and turn into stuffing-less plush dolls, e.g.) that may allow them to be revived. I mean, that makes sense to me :b
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:20 pm

Can't say it's really been discussed. We'll get back to you on that.

Ghost types Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:45 pm

Sepultra wrote:But for Pokemon to die and come back as a ghost-type? I have to admit that's like cheating in the roleplay.

I'm not saying a dead pokemon could be completely revived back to a Ghost Type as if it was never dead, that would be cheating. But a ghost Type pokemon maybe having partial memories of a previous life/horrible death, perhaps a lingering affection for a pokemon it once knew or a memory of places it had been before? That's as far as I would take it.
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:38 pm

So admins discussed this, and we voted down on resurrecting a personality/character. Too much recycling is bad for RP.

But in the words of Mewtwo,
    As long as they keep references vague and it in no way affects the Pokemon themselves, it's ok. All the ones that get approved that way usually just have it as a background into how a ghost is created, not really how the character behaves.

In the cases of pokemon like banette or yamask, where the canon specifically says it came from elsewhere, those are allowed to be something else previous to being a pokemon.

Hope that clears it up.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Kaze Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 am

Perfectly thank you <3

Mew, this thread is now closed.

Sponsored content