Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna

Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna Empty Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna

Post by Fox Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:17 am

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna 6BVaY

Name of Fakemon- Diabolid

Genders possible-M/F

Signature Moves-N/A

Ability-Swarm

Type/s-Bug/Steel

Height-4'03"

Weight-100 lbs.

National dex # /Pokemon Species-??? Steel bee Pokemon

Pokédex Entry- This vicious insect can fly at extremely-high speeds. Its' arms spray a flammable chemical, which ignites on contact with oxygen.

Egg field-Bug, Mineral

Evolution line-Weedle--->Kakuna--->Diabolid

Evolution Method-(hold) metal coat + level up in an industrial area.

Origin of name-Diabolic + Olid

STAT build- High defense, moderate attack, high speed.

Moveset-
    LEVEL:
    Start-fury attack
    10-fury attack
    13-Focus Energy
    19-Rage
    22-Pursuit
    25-Toxic Spikes
    28-Pin Missile
    31-Agility
    33-Venoshock
    34-Assurance
    37-Fire Spin
    37-Poison Jab
    56-Flamethrower

TM:
    TM06-Toxic
    TM10-Hidden Power
    TM11-Sunny Day
    TM15-Hyper Beam
    TM17-Protect
    TM21-Frustration
    TM22-SolarBeam
    TM27-Return
    TM32-Double Team
    TM36-Sludge Bomb
    TM40-Aerial Ace
    TM42-Facade
    TM44-Rest
    TM45-Attract
    TM46-Thief
    TM54-False Swipe
    TM62-Acrobatics
    TM66-Payback
    TM68-Giga Impact
    TM70-Flash
    TM75-Swords Dance
    TM76-Struggle Bug
    TM84-Poison Jab
    TM89-U-turn
    TM91-Flash Cannon

EGG:
    NONE

User Note-
    -This creature burns internally. It's glowing color is reflective of how old it is, and how near death it is. At its' youngest, it burns an ultraviolet color, when its' internal heat is at its' hottest. As it ages, its' internal heat cools, causing it to turn to a blue, a yellow, orange, then deep red.
    -If it runs out of heat internally, it dies and its' body ceases to glow.
    - it feeds on a variety of minerals, often melting the harder ores with its' flamethrowers and ingesting it before it hardens.
    - it can be found in mineral rich forests and mountainous regions, but is more often found in industrial areas, where humans have gathered the minerals in mass.
    - this insects' flammable chemicals give off a rancid stench, much like sulfur.
    - it uses its tail in a variety of ways. It can warp itself around branches to secure itself, and its' poisonous stinger has a powerful venom.
    - like most insects, it has a short lifespan. It doesn't learn its' most powerful fire-type moves until late in its' life.
    - it's wings don't move. It uses a form of levitation to keep itself afloat, and its' tail as a means of propulsion.

Last edited by Anathema on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna 4j0L6
    Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna Empty Re: Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna

Post by Lugia Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:28 pm

Intriguing. While everything looks good, I have to ask what you mean by "Industrial" as the location of its evolution. Like... a smelter or..?

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Elite
    Elite

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna Empty Re: Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna

Post by Fox Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:35 pm

Factories, where they have raw minerals and make them into more refined goods. ^^; Lol, I'm at a loss for good words right now.
    Perhaps a smelter.

Lugia
    Lugia
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Lugia Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:49 pm

Ok, I can do that. :P

I vote up.

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna Shadowlugiasig

Lugia
    Admin

"It's amazing how hard someone will fight for their underpants."

Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm a little iffy on it learning Flamethrower naturally. Skuntank is the only non Fire-type Pokémon that learns Flamethrower by leveling up, so there isn't really a precedent for a steel type (or bug for that matter) to learn it that way.

I can see where you would get it from, what with the fact that it is basically a flying nuclear reactor, but I am still hesitant. Maybe if it were just a TM move I could go with it. There is a lot of precedent for that.

I have the same issue with Fire Spin. Solrock is the only Pokémon that is not Fire-type that can learn Fire Spin at all.

....and Will-O-Wisp. Vulpix is the only non Ghost-type to learn Will-O-Wisp by level up...

I'm sorry if I'm being silly about this but there is type precedent in place here. Learning those moves naturally just does not occur within its type parameters. Fire is a fickle thing.

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna 3Br5nS6

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotDiabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna UugYyDK
    Honchkrow
    Honchkrow
    Harbinger
    Harbinger

Post by Honchkrow Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:14 pm

Well, I suppose I can argue against you, Mewtwo.

Think about the pokemon themselves that have these odd moves in their natural movepools. Skuntank is allowed flamethrower because of... explosive gas? I'm not sure, but it would be an odd reason indeed, seeing as how it's a skunk. Solrock gets fire spin because he is based off of a sun, and vulpix gets Will-O-Wisp because of the spiteful and paranormal nature of its evolution.

Now, mayhaps Will-O-Wisp would be out of the question, but I support it learning flamethrower and fire spin, simply because of what it is. It's the same reason why Charizard or Gyarados and their families learn dragon-type moves without being dragons: there are no triple-typed pokemon. So, odd moves get thrown in to compensate.

I vote up, personally, if Will-O-Wisp is taken out of the natural movepool.

[center]Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna 18oq4g
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:14 pm

I can agree to honchkrows' terms.~
    I stand by flamethrower because of its' anatomy has, literally, two flamethrowers attached to him, and a fire spin would easily compliment this same thing.

Will-o-wisp is a bit iffy, and it's understandable that I take that out, for reasons that Honchkrow explained.

Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:41 pm

I still don't agree with Flamethrower being anything but a TM move, but as I have been out-voted I say it should still pass. It is a good design.

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna 3Br5nS6

Diabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotDiabolid, the branched evolution of Kakuna UugYyDK
    Suicune
    Suicune
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Suicune Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:03 pm

While I see Mewtwos' point, I believe its' admissible.
    I vote up, and the last one to do so. Since you have majority vote, it's approved.

Suicune
    Founding Admin

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:50 am