Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

The SLATEPORT Team

Anonymous

The SLATEPORT Team Empty The SLATEPORT Team

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Slateport, Pokemon Contest Hall|Morning
    (1)

Nalin awoke to the bright rays of sunshine pouring through the window beside him, illuminating the room. After what he experienced, he wasn't too keen on the fact that he was even still alive. Only the limp, cold form in his coils told him otherwise. His boy lay in his grasp, pale and lifeless, the gaping hole in his throat the only true sign that he was no longer among the living. Nalin clutched him tighter, tears rolling down his face and onto his beloved coordinator.

He had lost so much when those creatures came, those awful hounds...and now he had spent the time since locked in a room he himself filled with ice for four days, with nothing to eat but the treats his owner had carried in his pouch. Nary a sound had come out of the main hall since that day, but Nalin had been too stricken with grief to move or to flee. The only person in the world who ever loved him, who ever thought he was worth something, was dead. The icy room only preserving the memory of what he had lost.

After days of nothing, a strange sound was heard shuffling in the room next to the Milotic's sanctuary. Concerned that it was another one of those creatures, he reinforced the icy barrier blocking the doors and windows with another Ice Beam. Nothing he didn't want in was getting through. At least...he hoped not. He wanted to keep his promise, after all.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

The SLATEPORT Team Empty Re: The SLATEPORT Team

Post by Silverishness Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:26 am

Post 1

Slateport Pokemon Contest Hall| Morning

Darron groaned and grunted within his spherical prison, trying to undo the damned lock that held him inside. While he had heard the massacre outside of the protective bubble, and thus heard it die down, he needed out to... well... LIVE. He knew he must have been in there for dozens of hours... days... maybe even a week. It was always dark within his shelter, and so finding and working the lock was... difficult.

His tail shifted against the large circle that marked the front of the ball, and, after some curses and writhing, finally. A click. Before he could celebrate, he was thrust out of the ball into the dried blood and corpse-ridden battlefield that had been the contest hall. Ugh. He made a face at the bodies strewn about, but decided that nothing could be done. They were long dead, and there was nothing he could do to change that.

All that was left was to move on.

He sighed and slithered to a ray of sunshine. He had never been one to really hold onto the past, or grudges or anything like that. He was one with the flow of things, and there was no need to go against it. He closed his eyes as the sun's warmth spread over him, greeting him like an old friend. His body already felt much better, and more energetic. That stupid ball had really cramped him. Now... if only he could get a drink of water...

He opened his scarlet eyes at the thought. Water sounded like a really good idea. He searched the hall for a water fountain, but they were all stained with blood and gore... not suitable for drinking. It was then his gaze found a wall of ice, blocking a doorway. He smirked and broke the roof above it with a weak Leaf Tornado, then intensified the sun's rays with a Sunny Day, melting the ice quicker. Satisfied as he saw water dribbling from the block of ice, he began to drink the cool fresh water. Victory was sweet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Forest East of Slateport City || Morning | 1

Underneath the pointed foot of a Scolipede, an Undead Primeape meets his death. With a firm smash, he killed off the ape with a solid crush of its skull. “Goodbye, good fellow.” His voice reverbs with a deep, insectile tone of pure respect. "May you rest in peace." Even death itself has not bothered him too much lately, despite the effect it would have on others. Life is almost the same as when he lived back in Lostlorn Forest: If you get caught, you're most likely dead. Even when twisted, nature is unforgiving.

The giant insect continues to trod through the forest without his partner. For hours they have been following the coast, trying to find some landmark or city to try and find other uncorrupted people. And maybe even my sister, a faint thought troubles. The sea flows calmly aside from him, a pleasant sound to hear above the annoying silence of the world. Sometimes, he wishes he could whistle this world back into the wonder of sound, but that would mean getting himself ripped open by an Undead swarm.

The beach is beginning to disperse, running off to the left as the building-populated territory of a city is revealed. Rising over him is the teal square body of a large building, topped with a light red thatched roof. Humans and their colors....

Cautiously, he strides over a tall, broken white fence. He moves into the shade of the building’s right side, trying to conceal his big body as much as possible. Moving out of any forest makes his instincts fire up, and this is no exception.

As he stays within the morning's darkness, he spots a bird flying high up in the sun-dawned sky. Its black plumage gives it away as a Pokémon he learned much of, as it swept in hordes over the lands of Unova--A Murkrow. He warily eyes it, as it descends from its flight and lands almost gracefully upon the ground. If there is one, then where are the rest? Could it possibly be alive, or an early infected? It looks deathly skinny, although he cannot judge too well due to how distant it is. The dark avian is bound to see his massive form in the darkness, but he would rather eye it than try to greet it. With a hostile and intimidating glare, he wonders whether it will attack or talk.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:47 pm

Slateport Pokemon Contest Hall|Morning (1)

Dead...all of them...

Every memory came to Carrie in the blink of an eye. She had watched her world go from happy to depressing in a splash of red. She had brought this on herself. Some of the bodies were still there, either decomposed or eaten by undead. Luckily for her, the blood that soaked her a month ago wasn't the blood of infected.

She woke up. Reliving that fateful day. She wasn't sure if she wanted to live anymore. Staying in this building only reminded Carrie of her pain. The bruises were on the inside and the outside.

"Why did it have to happen?" she whispered as she stood over what was left of her trainer's body. Her thoughts were shattered by that exact sound. She went over to the source of the smash. There was a slender green snake who was melting a block of ice with the power of his Sunny Day. But, there was something else. She quietly went up to the snake, who was now using the melted ice as drinking water and said, "Um...hi?" She stuttered. "M-My name's Carrie. W-What's yours?" She had stepped back. She was used to getting hit so much that she flinched.

Last edited by fr0sti97 on Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:20 pm

Slateport City/Morning (1)

Shadow was pissed off.

He had been forced from his sleep at a ridiculous hour of the night by a flock of undead Taillow that had appeared the hell out of nowhere and tried to tear his face off. He'd taken care of the small Pokemon without much trouble of course, but his fatigue had left him in a foul mood.

He couldn't sleep now though. He had to guard his food stash. He'd spent an entire week gathering it all and wasn't about to let some idiot come along and swipe it away. Laying in watch behind some ruins, he had a good view of it; a small, rickety old shed, probably used by the humans to store goods. Inside was a large sack that he used to store berries and beside that was a pile of dead bodies. Small Pokemon like Taillow, Rattata and Pidgey that he had taken down with a quick Bite to the throat. It had been virtually painless. He felt no guilt, even though those Pokemon had been survivors like himself. He needed to survive and if murdering fellow survivors was what he had to do, then so be it.

He didn't care anymore. Sakura was dead and there was nothing he could do.

He began to tear up the ground beneath his claws in frustration. What the hell was he doing? Why was he going through so much effort to stay alive when there was no point whatsoever? Many times he had felt like just walking into the middle of a group of undead and letting them have him for lunch. Two of his children were dead, his mate was dead ... but one child was still alive, he knew it. And he was going to stay alive so that he could one day meet him.

Now that he knew the reason for his restlessness, Shadow relaxed a little but his mood did not improve. He skulked away into the shade, disliking the bright sunlight and keeping his sharp eyes on the food shed.

His ears flicked as he heard a noise nearby. He raised his head and little and gasped - one hell of a big Bug-type Pokemon was heading straight in the direction of his food shed. Usually Shadow would've emerged right away and told the intruder to piss off and find his own food, but he was slightly taken aback by the sheer size of this insect. The guy was huge!

Still, it wouldn't be long before he spotted the shed and a massive Pokemon like that would no doubt be able to eat a lot of food in one sitting. Shadow growled deeply in his throat as he stood up and jumped out of his hiding place, facing the huge bug head on.

"Hey you, I don't know who you are or where you're going, but the contents of that shed there is mine. Got it? Take another step towards it and I swear I'll tear your guts out," he snarled, sliding his tongue along his upper jaw. In a way he hoped that the bug wouldn't listen to him and carry on; he fancied a good challenge. Its size no longer mattered.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Slateport, Pokemon Contest Hall|Morning
    (2)

Nalin curled around his boy once again, watching the ice barrier. That noise was getting closer and the Milotic was worried it knew something was in here. When a blurred image came up to the frozen barricade, Nalin's heart dropped. No...of all the..! What cruel joke could Arceus be playing on him?

A flash of green appeared, and it moved and slithered like it was alive. Through the ice all he could make out was a colored blob, but that green...it had better not be him. That son of a bitch that made his life a living hell ever since evolved. If he survived...! Nalin hoped, if it was him, that the bastard was dead, or at least infected. That way, when he froze it to death, he wouldn't feel so guilty for being happy about it.

A flurry of leaves cut at the ceiling above the ice, and the sunlight poured in from outside. His barrier was melting. In a panic, the Milotic hid his boy under one of the tables and placed a new ice wall around it, entombing him. That move...it had to be him. As the creature bent its head to take a drink of the one thing that kept him alive these last four days, he knew it had to be...

"Darron."
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:34 am

Post 2

Slateport, Pokemon Contest Hall| Morning

God, the water tasted good. Like victory. Sweet, sweet, delicious, chilled victory. On ice. It seemed like ages since he had gotten a good, long drink, and the water running off the melting ice was perfect. Like he was. However, his silence was disturbed by a voice behind him, and when he turned to see, a beautiful, albeit bruised froslass floated nearby, her delicate, ethereal frame shying away from him already.

"Uhm... hi?" she began softly, her eyes not meeting his. "M-My name's Carrie. W-What's yours?" He grinned. This little snow flower needed guidance... Poor thing looked like something had beaten her good. With his thirst quenched, he turned more to face her, his brilliant skin shimmering in the sunlight.

"Well hey there, Carrie," he began gently. He didn't want to frighten her off; seemed if he sneezed, she'd run miles. "My nam--"

"Darron," a voice behind him sounded, slightly muffled by the ice wall. The serperior stopped in mid-sentence, knowing that his name was, while said often, not usually coated with shame and bitterness. He turned back to the ice wall, a little confused. He hadn't thought of anything being behind it... His eyes narrowed as he tried to make out the pale blob hiding in the obscurity of the ice. Then, it came to him.

"Nally? That you?" he asked with a bit of excitement. He didn't think, of all the contestants, that the girly little milotic would actually survive. Huh. Learn something every day. He swiveled his head back to Carrie, bowing a little. "Sorry, Carrie. Nally doesn't know manners very well. He's there, in the ice, and should have introduced himself to a pretty lady such as yourself." He looked her back over and frowned a little. "Though... are you all right? Looks like you had a rough tiff with something."

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Slateport City || Morning | 2

A gasp steals his attention from the sad-looking bird. Around the corner of the building he stays within the shadows of, something raises its head. Then there is a loud growl, and a large black wolf pokémon leaps out in front of him. It bares its sharp fangs in a long snarl, threatening him. “Hey you, I don’t know who you are or where you’re going, but the contents of that shed there is mine. Got it? Take another step towards it and I swear I’ll tear your guts out.” It finishes its warning with a lick of its upper jaw. Although its display was impressive, the Scolipede only pulls his head up higher in a show of his own intimidation and looks down at it.

Before he could respond to it, though, the Murkrow he saw perched on a pile of rubble had begun to flutter down, landing a few yards away from them. The bird is obviously infected, as he can see now: Greasy and mottled feathers, sorely red eyes with small drops of bloody tears, and an unnaturally gaunt body.

But then, it does something quite unexpected. It clears its throat, and then speaks.

“Ahem! It would be wise to calm down Mightyena. I have no intention of raiding your precious stash and I do not think that this gentleman does, either.” Interesting; so it is intelligent enough to speak? It is just like his Primeape companion; able to resist it for a long time before breaking into madness.

The Scolipede looks back down to the large black lupine, but not as inimically as he originally did. With respect, he acknowledges him with his deep, insect voice. “As the bird has said; I can find my own food, Mightyena, without looting it from others.”

Dismissing the beast, he browses the devastated, lightly sunlit city. He has not seen this level of destruction since he tore through Castelia with his trainer! The Pokémon Center is a total wreck, there are impressions in the concrete pathways occasionally, and some structures even appear to have been burned down. “This town sure took a big hit from the Undead.” Not that it bothers him a lot. He’s seen enough death already to make this just an ordinary sight.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Slateport Contest Hall| Morning (2)

Carrie expected the snake to hit her when she introduced herself, but instead, he was kind. "Well hey there, Carrie." He said to her softly. "My nam--"

"Darron" the blocked of ice called out. Darron began having a conversation with the ice, calling it Nally. The ice melted to reveal a creature that Carrie recognized; a Milotic. She was having flashbacks again.

"We apologize for that, ladies and gentlemen. The real winners are Susan and her Milotic!" Everyone clapped, except for Margaret. I tried to console her, but she hit me. All I tried doing was help my trainer. She attacked me onstage, in front of everyone. It was humiliating. Wasn't the blood enough? She took one of the mic stands and hit me several times with it. It cracked one of the crystals on my head. I had enough of the abuse from that moment.

"Are you alright? Looks like you had a rough tiff with something." Darron snapped Carrie out of her trance. She backed away from him, covering the crystal on her that wasn't shattered. She wanted to protect what was left of her. She didn't want to tell him of the incident. "Oh..." she started, avoiding eye contact with the snake. "It's nothing, really..." She tried to hide her emotions, but a few tears came into her eyes at the thought of the killings.
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:05 pm

Slateport City/Morning (2)

Shadow was surprised to see a small, black bird Pokemon swoop down from a nearby building and land near to them. He was sure that he had seen its kind somewhere once before, but couldn't pinpoint where exactly ... He tensed his body and snarled as the bird faced them both.

"Ahem! It would be wise to calm down, Mightyena. I have no intention of raiding your precious stash and I do not think that this gentleman does, either," he said.

Shadow growled again and faced the rather rude bird head on. What a nerve! "First off, this has nothing to do with you. Second, where the hell did you come from? Don't come pointing your beak in other people's business. Now do me a favour and piss off or I'll--"

He stopped. He recognised the bird and where he had seen it's kind before. He snarled again, staring the bird up and down. Alarmingly skinny, dirty and greasy feathers, bloodshot eyes ... Shadow felt his rage building higher and higher. Before he could consider throwing himself at the Murkrow and tearing its head off its spine, the gigantic bug decided to act tough-guy and brought himself up to full height. He towered over them both, but Shadow was not phased in the slightest. He'd brought down bigger undead than that before.

"As the bird has said; I can find my own food, Mightyena, without looting it from others."

"Oh good, good for you! Go and do it then and leave me alone. Go on, piss off! And stop calling me Mightyena. I have a name you know! Not that there's any point in telling you." He turned away from the bug and addressed the Murkrow. "You too. Go flying back to Johto or wherever the hell you're from. And if I catch either of you looting my shed I swear to Arceus that I'll kill you. Got it?"

With another lick of his lips, Shadow turned away from them both and skulked away back to his hiding place. That Murkrow ... there had been a lot of them during the attack. One of them had pecked his little daughters eyes out before allowing a Pinsir to come along and bite her in half right before his eyes. This Murkrow that had addressed him appeared to still be in his right mind, but his appearance was a giveaway. Still, Shadow didn't want to kill it until he was certain that it was Infected. As soon as he knew the truth, he would act accordingly. Living: allow it to carry on living as long as it didn't piss him off; undead: pin it to the ground and tear it limb from limb.

He had his eye on it.

Anonymous

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:03 pm

((Very sorry guys, interwebs are still down and I am having to use my phone. Please skip for now and just say that Nalin got angry for Darron calling him 'Nally'.))
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:43 am

Post 3

Slateport Contest Hall| Morning

"Oh..." the froslass traild off, her eyes flitting away from his, sadness and memory filling them. Something was definitely wrong, Darron's detective skills knew that much. The fact that she was crying, well... That was a start. "It's nothing, really..."

Though he had no idea what was wrong or why she was crying, all he knew was that he wanted her to stop; he was so useless with girls crying. All of his mojo and charm lost their powers when they cried, because he was just such a bumbling, awkward guy. "Uhm..." he began intelligently, chancing curling his tail around her for support. "...There... there?"

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Slateport City || Morning | 3

“Oh good, good for you!” The lupine’s temperament is pathetic, yet somehow understandable. “Go and do it then and leave me alone. Go on, piss off! And stop calling me Mightyena, I have a name you know! Not that there’s any point in telling you.” Too bad he was already in the process of leaving the tantrum-throwing beast alone, striding past the Murkrow at a safe distance and towards the Pokémon Center ruins. He stops, though, as the Mightyena now directs his pathetic rage at the Murkrow as well, making him turn his head back to look with disgust at the enraged lupine. “You too. Go flying back to Johto or wherever the hell you’re from. And if I catch either of you looting my shed I swear to Arceus that I’ll kill you. Got it?” After shedding a few tears which run as droplets of blood, the Murkrow squawks a retort. “Keep your spite to yourself, you damned brute. Remember that you will only receive what you put out into the world.”

The bird takes to the air, flying to apparently relieve its sorrows. It is sad, yes, but the Scolipede has more pressing tasks to think about: Like finding a source of food in this city. He steps upon the main concrete pathway on his way towards the other buildings, his claws making tromping noises as they move from the stone to the grass. Maybe there is something left to scavenge in this town, that the Mightyena has not managed to hoard already.

He has been aware of the bird’s aerial wandering ever since it started upwards, making occasional glances to make sure it is not daring anything against him. He stops close to the miscellaneous mortar and ceiling tiles that vaguely mark where the town’s Pokémon Center once stood. Down comes the avian, stopping a few feet to his right. Although he is aware of its dangerousness--being it Undead--he is curious of what the creature has to ask or say. “I apologize friend....But would you allow me to accompany you? I-I don’t want to be alone.”

That is something he has to think about for a moment. Clicking the purple-colored spurs lining his upper body in thought, he considers how the other Infected he was with acted. The Primeape showed that people can stand the Infection for a long time before breaking from mental damage. A dark creature like this bird could possibly survive even longer.... After a long moment of thought, after weighing the consequences, he gives his decision with caution. “I know that you are infected, Murkrow. Before I accept your company, know that you’d better keep your mind straight. I will kill quickly and mercilessly if you dare try and strike at me.”

The Scolipede shrugs his front legs, dismissing his aggression. “But if you can respect me and control those urges, then you may follow."

In a quieted voice he privately speaks to him, the oceanic noise and the light, weakly miasmatic wind hiding his comment from the keen-eared Mightyena.

"Besides--maybe if we find another person, they will not have a Cacnea shoved up their ass like fluffy back there."

Passing by the infected bird, he moves towards a distant, large structure past the ruined Pokemart's left. A flipped boat sits beside it, and it does not look like the building has taken too much damage aside from a few holes and scorch marks.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:43 am

Slateport Contest Hall|Morning (3)

Carrie cried for a brief moment, memories filling her mind. She let out a light gasp when Darron wrapped his tail around her. "There, there..." It didn't seem like the most secure form of comfort, but she took it. She smiled and said, "Thank you, Darron."

Would these people understand what she's been through? How would they react when she told them about the killings? The questions raced through Carrie's mind. She felt like she could trust them. She would tell them. "Um, if it's too much to ask, could you please come with me." she asked. "I feel like I need to show you something."

Last edited by fr0sti97 on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:42 pm

Slateport City/Morning (3)

Damn it, Shadow...The Mightyena was already starting to regret his words. If Sakura had been there she'd be sitting on her haunches, giving him her 'not impressed' look and shaking her head. After all she had done for him he was repaying her by returning to his old ways. He felt ashamed of himself.

"Keep your spite to yourself, you dammed brute," the Murkrow spat at him. "Remember that you will only receive what you put out into the world."

"Shut up, you little shit," Shadow mumbled to himself as he skulked back to his hiding place. He mentally slapped himself. There I go again... Even though that damn bird showed signs of being Infected he still had no excuse for his attitude in general. "Hey, wait..." Too late; the bird had already flown off. Shadow sighed, flopped down onto his belly and continued to feast on a Pidgey's wing that he'd been keeping near to him.

The giant insect had left as well. Shadow was alone once again, just the way he liked it. He chomped on the Pidgey's flesh as his mind continued to scold him. For too long he'd lived this life of solitude, hording food and yelling at, or even attacking, those who even got within a yard of it. Before all this he had actually managed to get a life of his own, one that he could be proud of. That life was dead and buried now, but he knew that if Sakura and his pups could see him now, they'd be ashamed and embarrassed.

Pull yourself together, you damn idiot.

He had decided: he was going to try again. He finished licking the bones of the wing and stood up, stretching his body. He decided not to go running back to the Murkrow and the big bug straight away because they no doubt didn't want him in their presence and would be suspicious of his sudden change in behaviour. So he decided to simply conceal himself in the shadows and follow them for now. Maybe he could prove to them that he wasn't a psychopath in time.

He was also waiting for the Murkrow to show just one more sign of being Infected so he could kill it.

Sure ... totally sane.

Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:00 pm

Post 4

Darron heaved a sigh of relief when the fragile ghost before him paused in her quiet weeping, his desperate tactic working. She surprised him, however, when she floated a little away from him. "Um, if it's too much to ask, could you please come with me." she asked. "I feel like I need to show you something."

He wasn't really sure what this meant -after all, he wasn't sure how ghosts did anything- but if he had shoulders, he would have shrugged. Why not? Disregarding the weird feeling in the pit of his stomach, he gave her a warm smile and nodded. "Sure, Carrie. Lead the way." He looked over to the block of ice. "Have fun in there, Nally~"

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:55 pm

Slateport City || Morning | 4

The bird bows his head in acceptance of the requirements the Scolipede had set forth. “If I try to strike anyone for that matter, I give you permission to take my life. I won’t become a monster.” Every bit of his statement was resolute in its choice, and calm in its tone. Willing to be martyred for his infection? Even after undeath, the living still show respect. At his giving persmission to the Murkrow to accompany to him, the bird cawed joyfully. "Thank you, sir. You shan't regret it!"

He turns his head slightly to look at the bird as he flies by him on the way to the structure. They pass by the Pokémart, whose side facing their path is smashed open. The Murkrow perches upon the overturned boat. “My name is Sem, by the way,” Sem, as his name would be, is content and calm. “what are you searching for?” In confirmation to the offering of a name, the megapede decides to give him his nickname. “You can call me Hauberk.” Friendship is certainly not the insect’s forte--his true name will remain unspoken to all but those he trusts deeply. While he stops at an opening along the left side of the building, he answers the question. "Not much--I am merely searching for food and water." The breach is large enough for him to easily enter through. On the ceiling he can see many broken areas, with filtered morning light beaming through that makes the building look only more decrepit.

His hornlike antennae shift a little, as he smells the humid and coolly sea-winded air wafting through the entrance. The stench of undeath is weak, although still persistent in the breeze. It makes him cautious, but his eyes spot nothing in the immediate scene before him. Before he goes in, though, he gives the bird a choice of following him. Two people are better at searching than one, and it could show Hauberk whether this Murkrow is lying or not.

“You may stay out here if you wish; but be wary of the Mightyena. He did not look like he would forget you too easily.” Changing the context in case the bird decides to follow along, he advises him of the fell scent. “There may be a few Undead in here, if you are coming with.”

Last edited by WinterVeil on Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected post count)
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:24 pm

(Skip me. Just say that Carrie is leading Darron through the hallways.)
    Nightfall
    Nightfall
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Nightfall Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:05 pm

Slateport City/Morning (4)

Sem and Hauberk ... at least he knew their names now. Not that it made much difference. Shadow continued to hide in the darkness, watching every move that the two Pokemon made. Somehow he wanted to go and apologise for his previous behaviour, but his pride held him back. He doubted that they would listen to him and would probably be suspicious. Judging by the size of that bug, he could no doubt do a big number on Shadow if he decided to attack him. The bird was not a problem though ... unless it suddenly went berserk. He knew that Murkrow could be nasty little bastards when the virus took over their systems. It seemed that Sem was doing well so far though. Shadow couldn't help but admire how the Murkrow had managed to keep hold of his mind thus far.

"If I try to strike anyone for that matter, I give you permission to take my life. I won’t become a monster," Sem told Hauberk. Shadow's ears twitched and he licked his lips, happy to obey that command even though it was not directed at him.

Hauberk was now heading towards the ruins of the Poke Mart. Shadow followed them while keeping low and completely quiet, his paws padding the ground softly. He loved the fact that he was skilled at stealth. Before entering the building next to it, the bug turned back towards Sem and said: "You may stay out here if you wish; but be wary of the Mightyena. He did not look like he would forget you too easily."

That's right, I won't, Shadow thought, licking his lips again. He was disturbed from his homicidal thoughts, however, when he happened to notice the tag on the Murkrow's leg.

"Wait ... is that what I think it is?" he thought aloud. Before he could stop himself he was emerging from his hiding place and approaching the two. Once he was closer, he recognised the red R with an unpleasant jolt. "I knew it! That's the Team Rocket symbol! You were with them too?" He stood right in front of the Murkrow, looking down into his bloodshot eyes. Maybe the reason for Sem's emaciated body was not because he was Infected ... maybe Team Rocket had abused him too.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 am

Slateport Contest Hall|Morning
    (3)

It was him! That evil, malicious, son of a garden snake! And did he just call him 'Nally'? Again?! That jerk! Right in front of someone who didn't know him. Then he had the gall to just slither away with her and completely ignore him. Who did that arrogant creep think he was? Well fine, if that's how he wanted to play it, he could ignore Darron too, maybe. That jerk always did have a way of getting under his scales.

He looked back at his boy, entombed in ice under the table. He looked so peaceful there, Nalin didn't have the heart to move him again. Maybe...maybe it was time he finally let his boy rest in peace. There was nothing more he could do for him now. Death was irreversible, unless you were one of the infected. He shuddered at the thought. At least humans seemed to be spared that bit, or so he imagined. He had yet to see any undead people running about.

Taking one last look at his owner, he sighed with a heavy heart and slithered out the melted spot in the door, leaving his prison for the first time in days. The movement hurt, his normally smooth movements jerky from being immobile for so long, but he didn't care. It was finally time he moved on to someplace where he could better keep his promise. But there was one problem, and it was green and completely annoying. Better to figure out what that serpent was up to.

With that in mind he followed Darron and the Ice-creature's trail. Which wasn't hard, as Darron was never one for subtlety. But where the hell were they going? "Trust the prick to follow a crazy chick," he muttered to himself. Well, he certainly wasn't going to let Darron ruin things for him so he needed to keep a close eye on him.
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:59 am

Post 5

It was awkward and silent as they made their way down the hallways, the bodies and blood covering the walls and floor. It was difficult to avoid all of the bodies, and Darron had to slip over some of them. Gross. He made a face as one in particular squished under his bulk, oozing putrid, rotting organs and other fermenting bodily fluids. The smell alone could knock out a golurk.

"So, uh, Carrie," he asked after more silence, "Where exactly are we going?" The awful feeling in the pits of his stomach churned more and more, making him more queasy with anxiety the further he slithered after her. Something was wrong... and this froslass was leading him straight to it. A trap? He didn't know... only that she had the type disadvantage...

Last edited by Silverishness on Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total

Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:15 am