Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

5 posters

Uboa The Merciful Muk

Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Uboa The Merciful Muk Empty Uboa The Merciful Muk

Post by Moon Moon Sat May 14, 2016 11:53 am

Uboa The Merciful Muk INuZ6RO

Uboa
    Text Color bold
    Item A cartoonish white mask in disrepair.
    Gender Genetically Male; Does not identify as any gender
    Age Adult
    Species #089, Muk the Sludge Pokémon
    Height 3'11"/1.2 m
    Weight 66.1 lbs./30.0 kg
    Pokédex Entry "It is usually undetectable because it blends in with the ground. Touching it can cause terrible poisoning." (FireRed)
    Level 38
    Ability ABILITY: Sticky Hold Protects the Pokémon from item theft.
    Nature Careful (+SPDef,-Sp.Atk)
    Characteristic Capable of taking hits (Def IVs)
    Moves -Mimic (Mutation)
    -Screech (Level)
    -Disable (Level)
    -Minimize (Level)
    History I find my existence to be ironic. I, am one who adores life, dreams of the rolling green fields of Johto, and become speechless at the sight of a red and orange painted sunset casting a warm glow over the delicate flowers of spring. My body is made entirely of the waste that pollutes such beautiful landscapes, and I spread that filth with whatever comes in contact with me. I could never bring myself to wish to live in anything other than pristine nature, but like all things in life, I made sacrifices. Dwelling in the port town of Celadon, I sated my want for beauty with the synthetic stars of human festivities, watching freight ships dance across the seas to the swirling light of an Ampharos' beacon. But like all things in life, this came to an end. I was captured by a human, one who rode on one of those machines that spewed out the filth that I birthed from. He pitted me against my ilk, though they were of a different hue than mine, and I remember he bragged about my coloration incessantly but I was less proud. I hated it, harming my fellow living beings for nothing more than sport, so I feigned weakness, always striking with the least amount of effort possible and convinced my captor of my ineptitude. Still, he saw some value in me and did not cast me aside so readily, and instead put emphasis on my other attributes, temporary status afflictions that caused no pain. I eventually submitted myself to this, thinking that I could bear it if I didn't have to watch the aftermath. Eventually fed up with me, my captor took my to a city by the name of something I can't recall, I was taken to a house, one of the rare times I was allowed to visit a human construction other than a Center. There was another human there, a young girl, possibly a relative of my captor. Thankfully, cruelty didn't seem to run in their bloodline and she was very kind in her interactions with me, and we played outside on their concrete patio. Mostly it was games where we pretended to be elsewhere, building narratives and traversed dark caves and burning mountains. These were based off of the books she liked to read, and sometimes when she felt ill she read me chapters from them. Eventually I even was able to mimick the prose I heard, though in broken and stuttering syllables, mostly it was the concepts that the script taught me were what was important. The emotion that she radiated as she described gallant princes on white rapidash that fought off endless hordes, of massive dragons that slumbered deep in the depths of the earth in their sty of golden treasures and jewels beyond measure. As much as she dreamed of these things, the girl knew that she'd never get to see them, kings and emperors were outdated and extinct, and even if they weren't, her legs were lame and she wouldn't have the strength to find them. As I grew to love that child, so did my pain at watching her hopes wither as the days went by. Her parents were gone, having vanished years ago with the excuse of evading creditors, I'd hope to never know someone so petty-Back to the story. We lived in the house of her grandfather, more of a shack but it had running water and electricity occasionally. I wasn't allowed inside, but those were the only barriers placed upon me, if anything the tired old man encouraged me to stick with her as her protector. My stench kept most pests away, and besides she wasn't one to wander far.

A neighbor across the street kept flowers in their windowsill, the land was too polluted to grow such delicate blossoms so they were potted and pampered within their dwelling. Poniko loved those flowers, but the angry woman was a hermit and kept her doors barred, so one could only admire them from afar. I was young and awestruck by the kindness she consistently gave me that it was my dearest with to make her dreams come true, and resolved myself to it. I conspired to sneak into the woman's house and bring back the plant as a present, but this idea was quickly cast aside, my hands are too foul to handle such things without damage. So my next thought was to bring her a picture, like illustrations in her books. But I am no artist and had no concept of a camera, and so I spent hours planning schemes more complex than the last, when the answer came to me from my own reflection. I stared, and grew to notice just how fluid my body was, constantly shifting and flowing while maintaining the same general shape; but then, what if I stayed still? At first I just solidified whatever form that part of my mass had previously, and after mastering it I moved onto imitation. That, took many hours of practicing, but determination brought forth fruit. I could not form anything of consequence without a reference, so I slithered up as close as I could to the widow when the hag was gone, I stared so long I burned the image into my mind. Six blue overlapping petals, sprinkled with purple freckles. Needless to say my own version wasn't a perfect duplicate, but after enough revision the only difference was the color. With that, I turned and bolted for the house, not knowing how long I could maintain it and skittered inside, holding up my accomplishment for all to see. Poniko was not the only one who saw, and as fate would have it, there was my abuser, and took me back into his possession for more 'training.' I wasn't taken out much after that, my disobedience being firm enough that I was only ever taken out for meals, exercise, and showing off. This routine was broken of course.

He threw me out before a Raticate, and my opponent being faster than me leapt forwards and bit into my mass ineffectually and I was withdrawn. After using what abilities I allowed myself to, eventually his other slaves were defeated by the tenacious rodent and I was sent back out to face it. To my confusion, the human's cursing ceased soon after, and his lip curled into a smirk and ordered me to use my newly learned skill. With some hesitation I obeyed, and my jaw split open with teeth erupting from my maw, and the human with that damned smile, ordered me to turn those gnarled implements on my opponent. Instead, I dug my fangs into his leg, and pushed him into the drink. Violence in this case was necessary, and while the others were distracted I took my leave and fled into the ocean. There were few that welcomed my presence, but in time I came to meet a scant few who I can call friend, but never have I seen Poniko again. And I probably never will.

The infection struck quickly, destroying a growing number of lives while the humans fled, in vain as their freighters once filled with fruits were destroyed, if not by the wrath of the ocean itself but by rampaging Gyrados, their blood lust knowing no end. It consumed all in the waters around me, but I did not fall to the infection. My own corruption must have been too potent for the disease to overcome. Company now is more rare than it ever has been, and in the silence whispers have grown. So now I seek those who still breathe, lest I go mad in my loneliness.
    Appearance "Muk is a large, sticky, amorphous Pokémon, made of living purple sludge. It has two small eyes with beady black pupils. It also has an enormous mouth with a grey tongue and strands of ooze connecting its top and bottom jaws. While it has no visible legs, it does have two arms with three fingers on each hand. However, it typically keeps one hand tucked in while it extends the other hand."

This pile of slime is midnight blue in color, with purplish undertones and a semi reflective surface, akin to that of oil. For the most part it does not form limbs unless it is mimicking another pokemon's move, then forming the appropriate structures in order to use the attack, such as claws, vines, exc. Such structures easily fall apart after enough use, and then the Muk must recover before mimicking again.
    The mask he wears is made of a cheap plastic, and has started to degrade over years of use. Made to resemble an Emolga, Uboa refuses to ever take it off, considering the cracked mask to be far more appealing than his own face. If one were to somehow see beneath the mask, two wide, white eyes would stare back.
    Personality Quiet and purposeful, that is what would best describe the Muk. Unusually aware of the intricacies of life he holds it to be beautiful, wanting to protect it at all cost. He is aware of how ugly he is, and aware of how quickly the beauty of life is leaving the world he lives in. This creature holds a massive amount of self contempt, for failing to meet his own aspirations on multiple occasions, but still has hope. Very much an idealist, he believes that so long that someone is still alive, then they have not failed. Life in and of itself is a miracle. As to be expected he is very compassionate for his fellow living beings, but has difficulties expressing his emotions and this frustrates him to no end. His temper, while hard to incite is very intense, as a habit bottling his anger until it erupts. Beneath his composure, he is almost always agitated, the consistent abuse in his youth fostering fear of others, but is inexorably drawn to company out of his fear of isolation.
    User Notes -Remaking profile with permission from Suicune.
    -Originally a Ditto, but now reworking him to suit this creatures' biology and whatnot.
    -Uboa is definitely a mutant due to his body composition, having been formed in the heart of an oil spill. These differences made him predisposed to be able to develop traits that are unusual, and learning mimic is one of those expressed traits.
    -By and large Uboa is more skilled at mimicking physical attacks rather than psychic ones, and due to his difficulty focusing he can only perform them sloppily, if even at all. The exception are moves like Dark Pulse, which he can simply funnel his raw emotion into in order to attack.
    -Based off of Uboa from Yume Nikki.

Last edited by Moon Moon on Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Uboa The Merciful Muk Empty Re: Uboa The Merciful Muk

Post by Moon Moon Sun May 15, 2016 8:55 pm

Ready for approval, put 'em on any team you guys want
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Mon May 23, 2016 12:26 pm

My only note is that Muk has not been able to learn Mimic since generation III, which is also the time that it stopped being a tutoring move.

Uboa The Merciful Muk VictiniUboa The Merciful Muk TGJeE
    The Victory Pokemon

Profile Admin & Team Sheet Manager
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue May 31, 2016 9:07 am

"FireRed and LeafGreen
    These Move Tutors are in FireRed and LeafGreen. They do not appear in the Generation I games.
    Normal Move Tutors
    These tutors will teach a Pokémon a move otherwise unobtainable with the Generation III TM list. Many of the NPCs which gave a TM containing a move in Generation I that is no longer available in TM form in the current generation will directly teach the move they would have given instead. These can only be taught once."

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Move_Tutor#FireRed_and_LeafGreen

It may not have been directly stated but it was Copycat who taught Uboa mimic, since she was a friend of one of his owners.

//sorry reposting this because I thought I got the info wrong, I think it's good now
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue May 31, 2016 9:17 am

Just thought I'd pop in--

We don't go by any gens older than the current one. So Gen 6 tutor moves are the only ones available to characters, unless your character was grandfathered in while Gen 5 was still current.

Uboa The Merciful Muk PCP637Uboa The Merciful Muk 635Uboa The Merciful Muk 196

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue May 31, 2016 9:58 am

But I thought the EJ cannon went through to the gen 1 remakes? Starting at like FireRed and then progressing over to gen 6. Red is only like, in his late teens/early twenties so a pokemon could have been alive during the time that all the tutors were available?
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue May 31, 2016 10:04 am

It only applies for pokemon character creation and legal movesets. Because there are so many different conflicting movesets on each and every pokemon in every gen, our profile mods have would have to go through six separate generations to check for legal moves. Even different games in each generation can vary. It's simply too much work to have them do their job efficiently.

We did, at the beginning, accept older generation moves, but it proved too much hassle for our profile admin to research for every single pokemon.

This rule has been in place, however, for quite some time. I'd say at least three or four years.

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue May 31, 2016 10:06 am

Dang. I'm not sure what to do now then.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue May 31, 2016 10:12 am

I guess I could replace it with flamethrower or something?
    Silverishness
    Silverishness
    Centurion
    Centurion

Post by Silverishness Tue May 31, 2016 10:19 am

As long as it's available as a legal move for your character in Gen 6, it can be whatever you want C:

Character Sheet Here

Gift Art Corner

Sil's ArtStop
    Commissions Open~!

Badges Earned:
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Tue May 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Although, would it be allowed if I used a mutator ticket for him? o:
    Duma
    Duma
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Duma Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:16 am

As far as I know, using a mutator for a non-canon move is possible, within reason.

My Gengar, Crowley knows teleport, a move they cannot normally learn via use of a mutator. You'd probably just need it to be a bred move.
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:19 am

Okay, now I think it's fixed. Added another paragraph and a half while I was at it too rip
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:49 pm

There are no issues with the profile if a mutator is used. I do have a question about where he is going, I could have sworn he was going to a specific team but there is nothing in the title. Is this character going to a certain team or will it go under "Any"?

Uboa The Merciful Muk 3Br5nS6

Uboa The Merciful Muk ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotUboa The Merciful Muk UugYyDK
    Moon Moon
    Moon Moon
    Ace
    Ace

Post by Moon Moon Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:33 pm

YEAH I forgot to put any in the title sorry for the screw up
    Mewtwo
    Mewtwo
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Mewtwo Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:24 am

That's alright. I will be placing Uboa in the Under team, as they are in need of more users.

Approved.

Uboa The Merciful Muk 3Br5nS6

Uboa The Merciful Muk ZGD0iWwAdmin - Profiles, PlotUboa The Merciful Muk UugYyDK

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:18 am