Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy

Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy Empty Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy

Post by Fern Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:19 am

Question 1: Would a character with different-colored eyes require a shiny or mutator ticket?
    Just the eyes, everything else is normal for their species.

Question 2: Can a Pokemon wear scarves?
    I have a character sitting in WIP who stole a scarf made of Persian fur off of a human. My concern is if this is possible, seeing as human clothing sizes vary differently and it may hinder her flight.

Question 3: Can a Psychic Type Pokemon use Telepathy to speak to others?
    I have been thinking about creating a mute Psychic-Type who speaks to others by projecting words into their mind. Would they require the ability Telepathy? Or what if it was a dual character, where the mute one would send what he wants to say to the other, and the other could speak for him? Or is this not allowed?

I'm sorry for the amount of questions ;A;
    Requiem
    Requiem
    Rookie
    Rookie

Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy Empty Re: Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy

Post by Requiem Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:35 am

For you're first question no they can have different colored eyes per say, a shiny needs a ticket when over 25% of their body is a different color.

A few pokemon wear human items on site so I would think it would be fine, in the case of a flying pokemon they would just have to find a better way to wear it or knot it around better so it doesn't get in the way. I have a glaceon that has a rather long scarf gifted to him and it just drags around every where getting dirty and caught a few times.

Yes, I've seen telepathy happen a few times from pokemon being used to communicate with other pokemon. But no he/she would not be able to take control of another pokemon unless the other user has given you permission to do so. Is the ability required to do, no I don't think so as a Espeon and a alakazam's done it

Suggest have a Mod confirm though.
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy Empty Re: Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy

Post by Victini Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 am

1. I wouldn't say so, no.

2. We've had characters with human accessories before, I'm pretty sure. I have no problem with it personally - it's up to you.

3. I think we've had this before as well...I'd say keep it an exclusive ability to Psychic-types for now, else there could be concerns about god-modding.

Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy VictiniQuestion: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy TGJeE
    The Victory Pokemon

Profile Admin & Team Sheet Manager
    Fern
    Fern
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fern Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:26 am

Alrighty! Thank you both very much for clarifying this for me. ^-^
    Victini
    Victini
    Legendary
    Legendary

Post by Victini Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:51 am

No problem. I'll be closing this thread now~

Question: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy VictiniQuestion: Eyes, Scarves, and Telepathy TGJeE
    The Victory Pokemon

Profile Admin & Team Sheet Manager

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:51 am