Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre

Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Emtry #24

Post by Kaze Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:22 am

20/12/2014

Again I find myself with spare time while waiting for news of what Team Aqua plans to do. It seems Team Aqua is always one step ahead, evading any decisive move in this game while they go ahead with their plans. I have taken another surfing trip on Sunny, arriving in Mossdeep City. Hopefully here I won’t have to worry about running into Team Aqua here but you can never be sure. There are stranger places for them to attack then the launch site of the Hoenn space program. The city is also completely surrounded by water, another thing that initially put me on edge. I’ve since relaxed. The gym leaders, while young, have a tight grip on the area and would no doubt be aware of anything untoward. Mr. Stone also lives here, though he is not here presently and this is enough for me to consider it safe to explore. There’s nothing like a surf on the open sea to clear your mind. I am feeling better already. One of the more enjoyable benefits of surfing is that this far from the city Epsilon is happy to join us in visible form, wheeling overhead then diving down to scrape the top of the waves with her outermost wing feathers. The gash is healing nicely thanks to the curative properties of the potions I applied. I’ve also been trying to keep her health up with a regular bottle of Moomoo milk. It won’t be long before her wing has healed enough to allow a long flight. Finding a new home for a Latias seems a more cheery a goal than the one I have been pursuing lately. I need something to take my mind off my failures. Just being able to relax and play with my Pokémon like this is a huge weight off my shoulders. I went to purchase a new fishing rod and ended up talking with a local fisherman regarding aquatic Pokémon in the area. According to them the fastest thing in the water around here is Sharpedo. Catching one is tricky enough and requires some skillful angling. The sharp teeth of a Sharpedo can cut through an unwary fisher’s line with ease. Sharpedo get their incredible speed from their ventilated gill system that allows them to draw in water rapidly and in great volume, force it over their gills and expel it at great speed to propel them. Not needing a tail for propulsion their fins have developed to steer themselves but at the cost that staying still for too long can lead to suffocation. However if one is caught and tamed then they give the swiftest surf in the sea, so fast its dangerous to try and fish off one. Sunny tossed his head irritably at this and I had to stop to pet him and reassure him that even if surfing on a Sharpedo is faster he would always be more beautiful.

It’s hard to believe Sunny, like Clear, wasn’t originally my Pokémon. We get along so well now. He always listens to my commands in battle and I feel that he trusts me a lot. I would never replace him with another Pokémon for a swifter surf. As it turned out I spent the rest of the evening relaxing with the team in a small cove out of the way of the city. Alpha was quick to dive in and splash around with Beta and Gamma at the shoreline. Clear, his usual self, managed to tuck in his legs enough to hover over the waves and look at the fish. Delta, as soon as I released him, rocketed upwards until he was nearly lost in the sky then plummeted down at great speeds, pulling himself up just before he crashed into the water then repeated the moment in a dizzying display of aerial grace until both he and Clear misjudged their timing and ended up colliding with a colossal splash. Neither of them were injured or indeed seemed to particularly mind. I made my way down the coast a bit more and spent some time putting my new and improved fishing rod to use. After a few meditative moments watching the lure bob up and down I got a bite. It wasn’t the Sharpedo I was hoping for, the fisherman was right in saying they’re illusive. I still made an impressive catch and hauled in a healthy looking Carvahna. It was enough trouble manhandling it into the bucket and even more trouble sketching it as its fins kept scratching gashes in the plastic. In the end I let it grumpily slip back into the ocean and swim away.

Spoiler:
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Entry #25

Post by Kaze Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:31 am

21/12/2014

Today I am exploring the Shoal Cave. This sandstone cavern has sandy floors and smoothed walls from where the tide has worn a space in the rock. Thicker slabs of rock form platforms that shellfish cling to. The shells of this species, only found in this cave, and the salt deposits that grow on the cave walls both have curative properties and I have decided some as souvenirs. Sunny was happy to take me there on his back. The cave is a nice cool environment that is home to the local Spheal population, the cheerful seal-like Pokémon resting on the sandy shore to keep safe from predators while sleeping. The Spheal are cheery and active but their Sealeo elders are less friendly and I keep my distance from them so as not to startle them. The usual cave Pokémon, Zubats and Golbats, are always present and trying not to startle them is even more difficult. Gamma is with me, keeping pace and in many cases outrunning me with the springy muscles of her hind legs. Occasionally something will move in the shadows and she will run in front of me with her tail held out just in case it turns out to be hostile. The cave is filled with both many rooms and puddles. Some thoughtful traveler in the past has chiseled rough steps into the tougher bedrock to allow people to climb and down the tougher platforms, though they’ve since worn smooth with the pressure of the tidelines. Some of these lumps of sturdier rock are far above my reach. When the tide is high no doubt it is possible to surf to them. I can spot a cluster of white shells sprouting on the rocky shelf. It looks like I will have to return when the tide is high for my shell samples. For now a bit of wandering has located a dried crust of the salt on one of the upper ledges. I scraped some as a sample into a beaker for studying later. Sea salt can have wonderfully curative properties and hopefully I can distill some of them.

While exploring I have come across another illusive ice type; Snorunt. Covered in a grassy cloak woven themselves there is little of this ice-type’s body visible. Their body temperatures are extremely delicate. When hatched their skin is incredibly fragile and they need to shelter themselves to keep themselves from overheating. At the same time the perfect environment for their skin puts them at risk of frostbite so the woven cloak is needed to shield them from the wind. A Snorunt must maintain a low and constant body temperature and are naturally rather shy. However it isn’t long before they learn how to regulate this body temperature and become more mobile. By chilling the air around them they protect their vulnerable body. When they get strong enough to evolve into Glalie they grow a shell to protect themselves from the elements but before then they constantly shiver to keep their core temperature stable. I managed to make a sketch of the outer anatomy of one of these elusive ice types before it scurried away.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kaze on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:13 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Entry #26

Post by Kaze Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:34 am

22/12/2014

It is time for my next challenge; the Mossdeep Gym. The leaders of this Gym are twins, Eliza and Tate, and they both have inherited great abilities. The presence of psychic abilities in humans has long since been a mystery to the medical profession and is often cited by those who believe humans and Pokémon evolved from a single ancestor. There are many talents belonging to psychic type Pokémon disregarding those in battle and certain humans have inherited some of these skills at varying strengths. Training in these skills allows for some wonderful feats. For example the star-studded inside of this gym has paths marked by tiny balls of glowing energy that hold aloft massive floating platforms covered in runes. A single step off the edge of one of these platforms leads to invisible hands picking you up and floating you gently along the path. I gather this is one of the properties of the stones; enhancing psychic potential. In this space the Gym Leaders are capable of a levitation that closer resembles true flight and move in an eerie synchronization. In the times before the abilities of Fairy Types were included in league battle rules I might have had a real challenge but Beta is beyond eager to fight. He moved almost ghostlike through the others in the gym, facing every battling with a dazzling light that left his opponents disorientated and unable to use their abilities. Afterwards he’d help them up with a gracious little smile that I thought was a bit mocking. There’s little Beta likes more than a chance to show off a type advantage in front of Alpha.

The gym leaders are the only ones in the region to both be counted as leaders of the gym and be battled at the same time. Battles with the multiple Pokémon are a common challenge for a trainer, testing the bond between Pokémon and trainer as well as the trainer’s ability to correctly perceive and react to changes in the environment. As not only twins but psychics they have a high level of coordination with each other and their psychic type Pokémon; Solrock and Lunatone. Beta and Clear were ready for the challenge. Clear in particular got very fired up, something to do with the extraterrestrial nature of both his opponents. Whatever was said was in a language beyond my comprehension and it passed in a flash of lights and strange sounds. It sounded like a question, then a brief reply. Whatever it was Clear seemed happy to fight. Once the energy barrier was broken for the first time I remembered the sensation of mega evolution. The tingle started under my fingernails, flooding up my arms to the key stone as Clear changed form. I called up that feeling again and Clear responded with enthusiasm, shifting and dividing until the extra legs stuck spider-like from their back and the blue emblem of a cross rose from their head. With a cheerful smile undermined by the sharp edges of their mouth Clear punched swiftly towards the Solrock while Beta lit up the area with a dazzling gleam of fairy-elemental light that caused the Lunatone to drop a few inches. It will suffice to say I have obtained my next gym badge.

Spoiler:
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Entry #27

Post by Kaze Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:36 am

23/12/2014

Today started with an pleasant surprise, a message from the Hoenn Police Force. The Seafloor Cavern has yet to be breached thanks to efforts by the scientists abducted by Team Aqua. Though it was subtle they managed to disturb the navigation systems on the submarine and wipe the coordinates of the Seafloor Cavern from the system. They have an approximate location but they have yet to find the actual cave. Sealed below the seafloor there is no doubt that Kyogre is resting in a dormant state. If disturbed it will likely rampage. Perhaps this is what Team Aqua intend. For now the salvage effort in the Aqua Hideout is completed. I have received a gift, one of the Aqua Dive Suits that was abandoned when Alpha bought the roof in. The upper levels were largely intact but the impact caused an evacuation of the base. The submarine had launched, the plan was underway and despite best efforts on the part of local law enforcement many escaped. The specifics of their plans were burned but thanks to the files I have salvaged we know something of the plan. The dive suit insulates against cold as well as change in pressure. By now I have my repaired mask without issues. It is a nice feeling being entirely sea worthy. The final touch to round off the day is I have acquired the HM for Dive. The ability to navigate the sea floor with the aid of this reclaimed Team Aqua equipment will be invaluable in defending the Seafloor Cavern. I have spent a profitable few moments teaching the new technique to Sunny. With the improved oxygen filters of my mask I have had fun exploring underwater. Deep sea specimens are adapted to a very low light environment as well as the immense pressures of the seafloor. I have managed to capture a few specimens eventually, most took refuge in the deeper trenches where Sunny could not follow. I can hardly blame him. The forms of the true deep sea Pokémon are often bizarre and there are many we have yet to record. Instead I have added to my stores of aquatic knowledge by gathering soil samples and taking some pictures of the seaweed and coral formations where these Pokémon feed.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kaze on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Entry #28

Post by Kaze Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:38 am

30/12/2014

It has been a long time since I have been well enough to write in this journal. By now everyone should be aware of what has happened. Team Aqua were successful in awakening Kyogre using the Blue Orb, resulting in the sudden violent storm known as the Great Deluge. There is no doubt this is the disaster depicted on the ancient painting in the granite cave, even in ancient times its effects must have been catastrophic. The storm spread with unnatural speed, engulfing almost the entire region in chaos. There was no warning or time to prepare. Ships at sea found themselves suddenly caught up in a violent storm and many sunk with crew on-board. The Team Aqua members were hit hard. Some bodies are washing up on the shores, others will be forever lost to the ocean. Most of the survivors are sullen, empty eyed youths just now realizing the impact of their actions while they await trial. The death toll is in the hundreds, with three times as many still missing. The property damage is immense and torrential rains have washed away crops. The story has been spread worldwide and rescue and salvage efforts sent by every region are still underway. Yet things could be worse. Things could always be worse. I cannot write this personally so I am dictating this record through Clear’s considerable psychic skill. While it is still fresh in my memory I will record what I can recall.

On the 24th of December 2014 Team Aqua breached the Seafloor Cavern through the Hoenn Police barricade. As the stone cracked a large plume of light and steam rose above the location. It was easily visible from where I was on the shore with Sunny. Sunny has a rash personality and immediately headed towards the source of the disturbance. The bright light faded on the way but as Sunny dived I was quick to notice the massive hole drilled through the seabed. Massive chunks of broken coral and crumpled sea plants littered the sea around it. I felt a stab of disgust for those who claim to protect the environment by destroying it. Sunny was similarly enraged. He thrashed his head from side to side at the sight and curled his feelers. Destruction of beautiful things seems to anger Sunny and without the massive hole punched by Team Aqua the Seafloor Cavern would be truly beautiful. Sunny made a dramatic entrance in a cloud of rainbow spray but, unfortunately for him, there was no-one there to witness. This cavern, a former volcano, is long extinct but has many passages. Despite being an aquatic Pokémon Kyogre breathes air and, in the wild, naturally surfaces to breathe. In the dormant resting state Kyogre is in it has found an air pocket to sustain itself while it rests. That plume of light I saw was likely from the tool used to break into the cavern and the escaping air. The submarine was in the same pocket, abandoned now that the invasion force had proceeded deeper into the cavern. With the help of Sunny, Alpha and Beta I navigated my way deeper into the cavern. The drilling caused rock fall, blocking the path and I ran into several Team Aqua patrols. Thanks to Sunny and Beta’s quick thinking I avoided alerting the group as a whole as I made it deeper into the cavern.

Kyogre, its body covered in a protective crust of salt as it slept, rested in a pool of salt water where it could take in the air of the cavern. Team Aqua crowded around it as their leader raised the Blue Orb. I rushed forwards in an attempt to take it from them. Despite having surprise on my side I was noticed before I could get anywhere near the orb. They pinned my hands to my sides and I cannot recall the exact words but they said they were going to use Kyogre to return the world to the state it was in prehistoric times, to form the ideal environment for Pokémon. Some of the other members seemed uncomfortable with their leader’s fanaticism. Still holding the orb he addressed me, asking why I was still opposing them. I feared for my life and it must have addled my brain because all I could think to reply is ‘that isn’t how the water cycle works.’ Thankfully I managed to free one of my hands in the resulting confusion and send out Beta to protect me. Knowing that time was running out Team Aqua bought the orb closer to Kyogre and the rocky shell began to crack. As the ancient water type freed itself we battled, Beta against Mightyena, Golbat, Crobat and a Sharpedo. At this point my opponent revealed his knowledge of mega evolution and the battle was only won due to Beta’s indomitable spirit. However my victory came too late to prevent the now awoken Kyogre from diving deep in the lake and following another path to the surface. It disappeared with a splash and few moments later I heard thunder boom from far above.

My opponent gloated for a brief moment, then the cavern started to flood. I heard a noise from the Team Aqua member’s belt as their radio crackled. It was a plea for help and a warning about how the Great Deluge was greater than expected. It cut off with a wet gurgle. Our animosity was forgotten for the moment. The members of Team Aqua still in the cavern were in great danger from the rising waters. Without talking we separated to try and get everyone together. The cavern was flooding rapidly with the storm audibly swelling outside. The air reverberated with thunder and the air was already leaking out as the violent storm pummelled the underwater structure. It was a close call but everyone managed to crowd into the submarine before the cavern completely filled with water. In sullen silence I was left to resuscitate the two who had been caught in the initial flood. The submarine surfaced to a pitch black sky. It was like the middle of the night. The thunderclouds blotted out the sun. Flashes of lightning provided flickering light. The rain hammered down in a solid sheet and I was glad I had practice diving with Sunny because the air pressure was nearly as great as that deep underwater.

The storm was growing second by second and the startled Kyogre was heading towards Sootopolis City to reclaim the rest of its power. Once it unlocked its Primal Reversion, using the power of the land in the Blue Orb, the storm would grow to engulf the entire region.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kaze on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Entry #29

Post by Kaze Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:39 pm

31/12/2014

I will continue my account from yesterday. Having tracked Kyogre’s path to the Cave of Origin in Sootopolis I encountered Mr. Stone, Mr. Wallace the gym leader of Sootopolis and much to my surprise the remaining members of Team Aqua along with leader of Team Magma Maxie. Kyogre’s shelter is too deep for anyone to reach unaided. The Red Orb I have been entrusted to carry contains some of the ancient power of Groudon. Kyogre’s equal and opposite. It offered some form of protection from the swirling waves by the heat that it radiated. I entered the cave. Inside it was similar to the Seafloor Cavern, a series of water smoothed rooms but leading downward, forever downward in a spiralling pattern. The cavern quaked and shook at irregular intervals, testament to the Pokémon of legend within, and the lower floors were filled with a thick sea mist. The entire area shook and as I went deeper I could barely see at all. It was only after I took a step forwards and my foot splashed into water that I realized the lake I had been looking far was right in front of me. The shadow I thought was a stone resolved itself into the shape of the Kyogre in front of me. The large whale-like Pokémon opened its mouth, lined with sharp meat-rending teeth. Its eyes focused on me and it turned in the water in preparation to dive. The radio in the Dive Suit crackled and for the first time the channel was opened. Archie talked to me over the radio, saying that Kyogre was going to enter the deepest part of the cave to unlock its Primal Reversion.

With a deep breath I leapt forwards and gripped Kyogre’s dorsal fins. The water typed dived. Water rushed past me at incredible speeds and I was blinded. The pressure was incredible as Kyogre dived even deeper, all there was between me and a crushing death was the Dive Suit I repossessed from Team Aqua. The pressure held me against the legendary Pokémon’s back and I knew if I let go I would be lost in the waves. I held on as tight as I could and waited. Kyogre surfaced and the air pressure stabilized. These air pockets, ancient caverns from thousands of years ago must be burnt into the Kyogre’s brain as safe havens to breathe when under threat. There isn’t a being that can dive as deeply as Kyogre after all, even in this day. When it surfaced it was in a place that was older than cities. Crystals of blue gleamed all over the underwater cavern, shedding light into the darkness. Kyogre surfaced into the cavern and shook me off its back. The light of the crystals has led to the growth of strange lichens around the patches of light. The legendary Pokémon bucked and threw me off its back. I managed to swim ashore with the strangely heavy water of the lake clinging to my skin. The Kyogre drew the water up around it where it began to harden it a shell of salt. The air pressure shuddered against the Dive Suit as darkness built up inside the shell. Primal reversion…

I had no wish to harm Kyogre, even if the Pokémon of legend has no such compunctions. It is startled and defensive. If I battled it there was a high chance that any damage I did would make it even angrier. I selected a Pokéball as a flare of blue shone from within the darkness and the crust of salt shattered. Kyogre had grown to over double its size, nearly ten meters in length. Its formerly blue and red skin becomes a dark navy with the red skin flaring the bright yellow of deep-sea luminesce. The white underbelly became transparent, displaying the pulsing orange organs within. Kyogre is a predator in all parts of the seas, able to withstand the highest pressures and plunge into the deepest parts of the ocean. It can hold its breath for ten hours before returning to the surface to breathe. Kyogre even uses its elongated fins to drag itself briefly onto beaches in pursuit of prey. The rough rock roof of the cavern became obscured as the air trembled. Storm clouds started to form along the ceiling and crackled with electricity. Rain began to hammer down. Without the Dive Suit I likely would have bruised from the pressure of it. The raindrops ran across my mask and sprayed across the ground. Before Kyogre could muster and attack I sent out Beta to calm it with hypnosis. I crept around the side in an attempt to contain it.

The ancient water type’s body was marked with old scars from battle with whatever lurked in the depths. Its storm generating organs pulsed as it forcibly rang moisture from the air to bolster its water type attacks. Beta focused, his eyes a glow of psychic energy as he whispered ancient words to lull the massive whale-like Pokémon into docility. The flap of the wing-like fins started to slow and the Kyogre seemed to having trouble keeping its eyes open. Calling out an order to Beta the Gardevoir dragged energy from the water type, reducing its ability to fight. While its gaze was focused on Beta I managed to sneak around behind the wing and lay a hand on its side. In my pack I had a few vials of medicine capable of calming a Pokémon the size of Kyogre. While Beta focused his psychic might on keeping Kyogre calm I uncorked and administered a shot. The water type’s skin was thick and rubbery but the small pain broke Kyogre from its trance. It snapped and struck out at Beta. To Beta’s eternal credit he barely flinched as the Origin Pulse struck him. Instead he redoubled his efforts, pulling Kyogre back into a relaxed state. I depressed the plunger and ran over to him, treating the gashes on his front with a Hyper Potion. Kyogre flapped its wings lazily before with a bright flare of light it released the energy from its primal reversion. The light shone upwards, flooding the cavern and forcing me to cover my eyes. For a Pokémon of its size it would need multiple doses to put in fully under but I had judged correctly. One vial was enough to calm it. The rainclouds faded from the cavern all and hopefully from the cavern itself.

With Kyogre no longer causing the rain I had time to properly tend to Beta’s wounds. The green skin of his forearms has gone purple with bruising but thankfully there are no broken bones. Kyogre calmed after the shot, watching with dull eyes but making no attempt to relax or flee. After providing all the first aid I could to Beta I attempted to approach it. Kyogre no longer was feeling under threat after its rude awakening and seemed content to wait in the cave while I tossed Poképuffs into its large mouth. After being feed the ancient water type seemed to relax. I was even able to sketch it and perform a complete check-up. Kyogre is in good health and is estimated to be an adolescent. As usual there are no identifiable genitalia to determine gender. I nicknamed it Zeta and, after enough feeding and a few tentative pats, the Water Type Pokémon carried me back to shore. Once we surfaced the skies were calm, a sign Zeta feels at peace. They half beached themselves with mouth wide open while I emptied the last of the Poképuffs into its open mouth. Then Mr. Wallace, Mr. Stone and leaders of both Team Aqua and Team Magma entered the cavern and it dove under. I have not seen it since but I can imagine it has returned to the seabed to hunt. It may be years if not longer before it is ever sighted again. Yet for that one glorious moment I not only saw the Pokémon of my research thesis I was permitted to examine it and touch it and ride on its back. The feeling was indescribable.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Entry #30

Post by Kaze Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:29 am

1/1/2015

My thesis is completed with full record of my medical report on Kyogre and police statements regarding the situation. As per protocol I have sent in two digital copies and two physical copies and kept two of each for myself. Once my paper completes peer review the information I have gathered on Kyogre could be published. I have decided to keep updating this journal as it serves as a good record of what has happened to me in the region. Clean-up efforts are still underway but my reports have been filed and with the sentencing of Team Aqua the police do not require my presence until I am called to make a testimony during the trial. I had time to devote to the task of looking after Epsilon.

Today it was time for the bandages to come off and besides a crease in the feathers her wing is fully healed. Epsilon did a cheerful spiral in the air and nuzzled her way into my arms. With her wing repaired she can now fly in search of a new nest. However she didn’t seem to leave my side. With Delta I am capable of flight all over the region. The Salamance’s red wings are very durable and he does not object to carrying me long distances. I have returned to Mossdeep to speak with Mr. Stone regarding finding a new home for her. He has given me some valuable books on the Eon Pokémon and its environments. Isolated islands with high cliffs are favoured by the species, which displays dimorphism between male and female to the point which the ancient Hoenn people assigned different names to them (as a Latias Epsilon is female) but both members of the species prefer the sea-side cliffs for nesting and fishing. Hoenn is a region dotted with many islands, most small enough to accommodate the peaceful environment a pair needs to raise a chick. They mate for life on an island, the chick grows to adulthood then moves on to find an island of its own. The delicacy of this means that no Latias/Latios couple has ever reproduced in captivity. Remnants of the ancient culture destroyed in the war 3,000 years ago mark places the Eon Pokémon prefer to roost, a throwback to when they were kept as temple Pokémon according to contempory sources. Mr. Stone also observed the reason for Epsilon’s attachment to me is likely due to our initial encounter. Riding on Mr. Stone’s Latios caused its scent to rub off on my clothes, leading to Epsilon identifying me as a potential mate. As they mate for life Epsilon’s distress at my absence becomes more reasoned. As she is still young she is not completely tamed but our interactions have become a lot more awkward.

Mr. Stone suggested I head towards Petalburg to consult Mr. Norman. While the Gym Leader is hardly an expert on Latias/Latios he has good knowledge of the islands of the area. The new Slateport Ferry has been completed and is going on a Tour of the islands as its maiden voyage. Mr. Stone entrusted me with his complimentary ticket, stating he never cared for public events and he trusts me to put it to better use. I thanked him profusely and following our discussion rose on Delta to Petalburg. Mr. Norman kindly allowed me a map on which he marked a few likely locations. None of the islands he marked had any mineral wealth or other importance so the likelihood of tourists visiting was slim to none. The point of this voyage is the triumph of technology in creating the cruise ship, stops on each island would be swift before moving on to the next. I stayed at the edge of the ship for most of the journey while Epsilon flew alongside the ship and disappeared whenever she thought someone was close by. The time the ship docked I went to explore. The island was verdant but largely flat. There were no cliffs from which a young Lati chick could learn to glide. Epsilon cheerfully shed her illusion as soon as we were out of sight, zooming through the forest playfully and picking up twigs and interesting bugs to drop in my lap. Before long the cruise ship was ready to depart and Epsilon returned to cheerfully gliding alongside the massive construction. I crossed the island off my list.

I got lucky on the third island, this one with an expansive forest and a sea cliff. The map marked it as Southern Island. With Epsilon at my side I went to explore the cliff face and was pleasantly surprised to see a blue-feathered shape perched on the cliff. Epsilon seemed very interested in the Latios and, though the male Eon Pokémon was wary about me, the interest seemed neutral. I managed to carefully sneak away, giving the two some alone time while I explored the ruined temple. The structure is rather sturdy and many of the columns still remain. My ancient languages are a bit rusty but on the altar was engraved (as best I can translate)
    “All dreams are but another reality. Never forget.”

On top of the altar was a curiously shaped flute with extended fins. It was in pristine condition for its age. I picked it up and gave it a test blow. The sound bubbled curious in my ears and Epsilon landed next to me and nuzzled my hand. Her Latios friend watched from a distance. Apparently they respond to the sound of the flute. I quickly reassured her that I didn’t need her for anything and, with a lingering backwards glance, I pocketed the flute and let her play. As time passed she looked back to me less and less until when the time came for me to leave the island she only noticed I had left when I was on the beach. She nuzzled at my chest for a moment before flitting back before she was spotted. I wish her my best; there is no chance of the ship returning to this island. I have kept the flute to remind me of her.
    Kaze
    Kaze
    Ace
    Ace

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Entry #31

Post by Kaze Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:34 pm

2/1/2015

I have returned to Sootopolis to challenge the gym there. The gym’s leader, Wallace, is the final Gym Leader in his region I must face. Once I have obtained all eight Pokémon badges I show I am qualified to face the Pokémon league. I am not sure if I wish to do; as confident as I am in the strength of my team I am no professional battler. My pursuit in Gym Badges has been solely to prove my credentials are a researcher. Many start their Pokémon training at a young age and so far I feel I have done a good job in keeping my Pokémon happy and healthy. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Clear and Sunny…Without them I could never have gotten this far. If nothing else I think it will be good for them to reach that peak. I will decline a battle with the Champion though. I will have plenty of time afterwards to complete my research.

The Sootopolis Gym is situated on a neat little island in the middle of the central lake. As a town built into the walls of a caldera lake the only way in is either through flying or surfing. Nearly everyone has a Pokémon to Surf on so access is never any problem for the locals. Any visitor likely has their own way to get to the Lake. I spent a few moments relaxing with Sunny (he rather enjoys Surfing and I second the sentiment) before heading towards the Gym. However I appeared to have taken a wrong turning, direction never being my strong suit, and ended up at a different part of the lake. There were no houses built into the rock wall there, just a path of darker water under the crater’s rim where the ocean could get through. There I was surprised to find Zeta.

The Kyogre is looking well and the absence of rain fall means that they are relaxed in the environment. None the less I was surprised to see the Sea Basin Pokémon again. I kept enough of a distance to avoid startling the large water type and it did not notice me. Instead it waited around the area until a second shadow built in the water. To my surprise another Kyogre then surfaced. This Kyogre that I have nicknamed Iota displays a vibrant magenta coloration and appears larger than Theta. It appears to be a few years older but how many is unknown without tissue samples. The relationship between the two is unknown but it is a sign that Zeta has joined or re-joined a pod. Diving deep underwater to hunt abyssal prey it is a rare sight to see any Kyogre surfaced except when in pursuit of food. The two appear to be engaging in sunbathing to restore their core temperature after a long dive in the deep waters. While the thick layer of fat insulates Kyogre from most of the cold they have been documented to enjoy time cruising along the surface as well. I managed to get sketches of them both before they dived back under. It is a wonderful thing to see that Zeta is not only alive but, somewhere deep in the seas of Hoenn, there are more Kyogre out there.

Sponsored content

Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr. Mortimer Phene - In search of legendary pokemon Kyogre

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 am