Welcome to New Johto;
This is what remains of the region after the virus hit.
Undead pokemon lurk behind every corner, infest every city, haunt every cave.
Dark Days are Ahead...
Will you survive?

Staff

Suicune
Founding Admin
staff
Founding Admin
admin
Profile Admin
staff
Harb Mgt. Admin
staff
Harb & Shop Mgt. Admin

Background art was made by Fox. The Banner was made by Silverishness. Show them some love, yeah?

Pokemon © Nintendo
EpidemicJohto © 2011
All names, characters, plotline and artwork are under copyright protection of Epidemic Johto and their respective owners.
No distribution or reproduction without express permission is permitted.

Support our staff!

3 posters

Tutorials and Tips

Mew
    Mew
    Legendary
    Legendary

Tutorials and Tips Empty Tutorials and Tips

Post by Mew Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Got a guide to something that helped you out, or tips and tricks that you've picked up along the line? Feel free to post them here. There are enough artists on the site that I believe being able to share experience and help each other improve would be appreciated by all.

Maintainence/Coding Admin
    Tutorials and Tips Hz72hB2
    Anonymous

Tutorials and Tips Empty Re: Tutorials and Tips

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:06 pm

I have a tip on shading ^^
    I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil and when you're shading if you put the light source (drawing on paper first of course) to the top right, top left, left or right of the sketch the shadows cast the darkest are shading points ^^
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:11 pm

I do want to add onto Tyranno's tips, but do experiment with shading, light sources don't always come from corners. They can come from behind the character, in front of the character, etc. Don't just use black as a shading tool, try some dark cold blue, or a warm brown. Using different colors to shade [and lowering opacity] can affect the atmosphere, whether you want to make it jolly and happy or sad and heartbreaking. Keep in mind about lighting, light isn't always white either, there can be a yellow hue for light [example is a lamp perhaps], a light blue hue [computer screen, tv, etc.], and on forth.

In a nutshell, lighting and shading isn't always black and white, and light sources don't always appear on the corners. These affect the atmosphere of the picture greatly and helps you put the impact on your viewers.
    Anonymous

Post by Guest Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:31 pm

Oh that's a good point Alice ^^ I was self taught that way is all ^^
    Fox
    Fox
    Elite
    Elite

Post by Fox Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:06 am

Anas' enormous tutorials section
    because giving a zip just doesn't work.

I've been collecting tutorials for a long while, and have kept some of them that have pretty good ways to go about things or have good things to reference.
    I'll note here that these are my personal collection, not things I made. These resources came from a variety of awesome artists. I'm just putting them in one spot.

Color Theory:

Animal:

Environments:

Expressions:

Humans:

Perspective and Composition:

Technique:

I hope they are helpful. There's a large variety of techniques here, varying from beginners to experienced artists, but don't be afraid to jump in and try things out!
    If anyone has any questions as to what certain things mean, or about certain techniques, I can always offer my opinion.

"What's the point in them being happy now if they're going to be sad later?
    The answer is, of course, because they're going to be sad later."

Tutorials and Tips 4j0L6
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:37 am